Roast Daniel Giansiracusa as an assistant coach

Remove this Banner Ad

He along with Corey and Beveridge is due a portion of the blame for our current malaise, but this discussion is getting silly now.

Its a strange world view where a barely 6ft, 80kg (at his heaviest) player can carve out a career spanning 13 seasons and 265 games of senior football, including a season where he kicked 45 goals in 20 games (something that nobody in our premiership side managed to do) and yet can still be considered soft.

He along with Corey and Beveridge is due a portion of the blame for our current malaise, but this discussion is getting silly now.

Its a strange world view where a barely 6ft, 80kg (at his heaviest) player can carve out a career spanning 13 seasons and 265 games of senior football, including a season where he kicked 45 goals in 20 games (something that nobody in our premiership side managed to do) and yet can still be considered soft.

It's a strange world where every player that played the game has to be a head nut and tough as nails.

I don't consider Gia soft I know he was soft I had the misfortune of watching him squib it week in week out.

Also know a guy called Bradley that played over 400 games that was soft. Doesn't mean he wasn't good at his role.

But hey lets just disagree Coz we can

It's a strange world where every player that played the game has to be a head nut and tough as nails.

I don't consider Gia soft I know he was soft I had the misfortune of watching him squib it week in week out.

Also know a guy called Bradley that played over 400 games that was soft. Doesn't mean he wasn't good at his role.

But hey lets just disagree Coz we can

So you can be soft, yet still be good at your roll then?

You are not very good at making consistent arguments.

Gia wasn't soft. How is this still a point of discussion?
He also would've been an excellent inside mid in his prime. Remember he hit a massive purple patch one year when played there and Boyd was injured. Too bad he was more valuable as a high production flanker.

So you can be soft, yet still be good at your roll then?

You are not very good at making consistent arguments.

You can be a soft footballer but be good at a role on field. Been plenty of soft AFL level players played a lot of good footy as outside players.

Bradley and Long and so on

I've never known a soft footballer at afl level to end up a good coach at afl level .

My argument is fairly easy for anyone that has a clue to grasp, it's just those that want to argue anything Coz it's me and simpletons that struggle with it I think.

Gia wasn't soft. How is this still a point of discussion?
He also would've been an excellent inside mid in his prime. Remember he hit a massive purple patch one year when played there and Boyd was injured. Too bad he was more valuable as a high production flanker.

And I think he was so extremely soft so agree to disagree

You can be a soft footballer but be good at a role on field. Been plenty of soft AFL level players played a lot of good footy as outside players.

Bradley and Long and so on

I've never known a soft footballer at afl level to end up a good coach at afl level .

My argument is fairly easy for anyone that has a clue to grasp, it's just those that want to argue anything Coz it's me and simpletons that struggle with it I think.

Get over yourself. Im putting a counter argument (as opposed to your feeble name calling) across because I think that you're wrong.

What he was like as a player doesn't really have an effect on why I started the thread.

Us going from being quite good at attacking and defending stoppage situations and the centre bounce last year to being absolute dog s**t at it this year is why I was concerned about it in round 7 and, if anything, its gotten worse.

I don't think the fact that the head coach has now mentioned this exact problem in his presser is something that should be skimmed over. How does the person in charge of this facet of the team not bear a fair portion of the blame for this part of our game?

I clearly remember Gia taking out Kosistke from St Kilda ( who was probably 6 inches taller and 15 kegs heavier ) with a massive hit that knocked Kosi into next week and was probably where all his concussion issues started.
Soft players just don't do that.

Get over yourself. Im putting a counter argument (as opposed to your feeble name calling) across because I think that you're wrong.

Lol like you haven't argues against nearly everything I've said

Even the stuff that can't be argued

Another one on the list lol

I clearly remember Gia taking out Kosistke from St Kilda ( who was probably 6 inches taller and 15 kegs heavier ) with a massive hit that knocked Kosi into next week and was probably where all his concussion issues started.
Soft players just don't do that.

Lol the one that Kosi was looking the other way and ever saw him coming?

Yeah brave as hell that was

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol the one that Kosi was looking the other way and ever saw him coming?

Yeah brave as hell that was

Lol Kosi never saw anyone coming his peripheral vision was hopeless.

If you've ever played the game you'll realise that performing those type of shepards does take skill and courage if it's done fairly.

Lol Kosi never saw anyone coming his peripheral vision was hopeless.

If you've ever played the game you'll realise that performing those type of shepards does take skill and courage if it's done fairly.

Wow

There is nothing brave or ruff about blind siding a guy that had no idea you are coming.

Now I'm not saying Gia did anything wrong at all that was well within the rules THEN.

NOW Gia would get 4-6 weeks for that bump. It was high he jumped and I believe he broke Kosis jaw.

Wow

There is nothing brave or ruff about blind siding a guy that had no idea you are coming.

Now I'm not saying Gia did anything wrong at all that was well within the rules THEN.

NOW Gia would get 4-6 weeks for that bump. It was high he jumped and I believe he broke Kosis jaw.

Wow

Exactly what you said - it was within the rules THEN. Now is irrelevant

That was a head clash? Doesn't demonstrate anything either way.

Fwiw you all know I don't rate Gia as a coach but predilection to a certain style as a player really doesnt seem to translate directly to coaching in a coherent way (softness or lack thereof doesn't really have that much to do with it, surely, other than perhaps he respect of the players).

Think about the activities you perform as a coach. Why would this feature be relevant? I can't remotely think of why (but am interested to hear an explanation, would like to learn on this front)

Wow

Lol Kosi was so unaware of things it was bizarre he had a footy career at all. He was like Bambi.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back