Roast Daniel Giansiracusa as an assistant coach

Remove this Banner Ad

The reality is Gia has no outside learning to add to our club so move him on.

I'd love our club to be proactive and if Hodge retires from playing use the Bev connection to bring him over as a midfield coach.

If the club doesn't bring any new coaches this year we will go backwards again. This group has shown it cannot change the path this year so it's out of ideas.

Did I read somewhere that all coaches would find out last week whether their contracts would be renewed?
Keep a watchful eye on proceedings here, because I would be amazed if a few aren't let go.

The reality is Gia has no outside learning to add to our club so move him on.

I'd love our club to be proactive and if Hodge retires from playing use the Bev connection to bring him over as a midfield coach.

If the club doesn't bring any new coaches this year we will go backwards again. This group has shown it cannot change the path this year so it's out of ideas.
Bloody good idea with Hodge

I would've thought that Hodge would be in high demand if he decides to coach rather than go into media, so let's hope someone's been in his ear about the exciting, young midfield at the dogs who need a fresh start with an assistant coach.

You can be a soft footballer but be good at a role on field. Been plenty of soft AFL level players played a lot of good footy as outside players.

Bradley and Long and so on

I've never known a soft footballer at afl level to end up a good coach at afl level .

My argument is fairly easy for anyone that has a clue to grasp, it's just those that want to argue anything Coz it's me and simpletons that struggle with it I think.
Michael Voss is as tough as I've seen

Did I read somewhere that all coaches would find out last week whether their contracts would be renewed?
Keep a watchful eye on proceedings here, because I would be amazed if a few aren't let go.
Seeing as coaches were shuffled around after a PREMIERSHIP, heads will definitely roll after a poor season!

Bump

We were rubbish in the guts today when it mattered, while no one could stop Dixon when it mattered too. No pressure on the ball carrier late and our defence were and 6s and 7s.

Smith and Corey have to go back to their old roles WHICH WORKED.

King and Gia are miles out of their depth in their respective lines, Bev has to do a Hardwick and cull a few and bring a few in, these two assistants seem to be the obvious outs to me.

We need to keep improving on and off field and defensively we are poor in midfield/down back now, our only positives for this season has been Dale, McLean, Cordy and to a lesser extent Young, nearly everyone else has plateaud or gone backwards.

Smith and Corey knew what they were doing, I'd much prefer their systems rather than Kings and Gias.

Bump

We were rubbish in the guts today when it mattered, while no one could stop Dixon when it mattered too. No pressure on the ball carrier late and our defence were and 6s and 7s.

Smith and Corey have to go back to their old roles WHICH WORKED.

King and Gia are miles out of their depth in their respective lines, Bev has to do a Hardwick and cull a few and bring a few in, these two assistants seem to be the obvious outs to me.

We need to keep improving on and off field and defensively we are poor in midfield/down back now, our only positives for this season has been Dale, McLean, Cordy and to a lesser extent Young, nearly everyone else has plateaud or gone backwards.

Smith and Corey knew what they were doing, I'd much prefer their systems rather than Kings and Gias.
Probably the most interesting element of the offseason for me.

Beveridge is obviously not scared to make changes and this combination hasn't worked this year. This team was un-recognisable 5 games in and you could see this s**t happening a mile away when we were scraping wins against norf and brisbane the first time round.

Probably the most interesting element of the offseason for me.

Beveridge is obviously not scared to make changes and this combination hasn't worked this year. This team was un-recognisable 5 games in and you could see this s**t happening a mile away when we were scraping wins against norf and brisbane the first time round.

wish he made changes on match day. Totally opposite to 2016. Leaving JJ at half back when he was getting those hard tags was a crime. That was the start of season being over

wish he made changes on match day. Totally opposite to 2016. Leaving JJ at half back when he was getting those hard tags was a crime. That was the start of season being over

Nah, giving the player the easy way out is not good long term. Glad he was backed to find his way around the tag, it's just a shame he didn't respond more

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, giving the player the easy way out is not good long term. Glad he was backed to find his way around the tag, it's just a shame he didn't respond more

true but it came at a pretty big cost to the team. Hopefully it helps next year

I believe we should look at changing our coaching structue.
Obviously we have Luke Beveridge as senior coach, and Gracey as well as the rest of the development team seem to be doing their job.
But then I think we should have a backs, mids and stoppages, forwards, ball movement and a goalkicking/field kicking biomechanist. Make sure the three line coaches have all played a lot of games in the position in which they are going to coach.

The coaching structure changes were flawed from the start IMO, but the changes were made with the inclusion of fitting Hansen into the equation.

I was scratching my head when they appointed Gia to the role and had concerns from day 1

Gia should be the first out the door

Go and learn your craft at another club and expand your knowledge.

Hiring internal players that have only ever been at one club does not work.

It worked for us last year.

But now that Bevo's experiment has not worked this year then yeah its time to move some coaches on and inject fresh blood.

Wonder if Murph or M Boyd are interested? :rolleyes:

Checking in on the centre bounce and stoppage numbers against one of the more pissweak teams in the competition.

fd3fdcf77aa7a5c35321ec7f686a4976.jpg

Just as I thought.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back