Rumour Daniel Hannebery

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can tell Dan is passionate about the club ala 2012 GF and last year v Pies when he kicked a goal and grabbed his jumper , also he is the hardest worker on the track so to me when its time to knuckle down he does ala still winning 3k time trails and I seen him and the way he trains.
Dan to me is a massive groupie Tippett comes he bums Buddy comes he bums and probably gets caught up in all hype a little to much but I just cant see what good it would do him just running around not giving a stuff regardless if he wants to return home and if he does want to return home well that's he choice and not we as supporters can control.
Whats the Tippett one Soph if ya don't mind me asking ? geez at this rate if Tippett , Hannebery wants out and we finish down the bottom talk about draft picks and what we could get with Tippetts money as he is out of contract at years end
I thought perris won the 3ks this year.

He would be quite a loss imo. Who of his standard would cover him?

Right now half the reserves. His current standard is crap and if he really wants to leave and has lost interest in playing for the Swans we are much better off getting rid of him so we can get a high draft pick and he can go play great football for another club.

Right now half the reserves. His current standard is crap and if he really wants to leave and has lost interest in playing for the Swans we are much better off getting rid of him so we can get a high draft pick and he can go play great football for another club.
Must be me, but Im a little hesitant to entertain the possibility of letting go one the games's future stars based on 4 bad games and some gossip.

If he continues playing half arsed and arrogant, then good riddance. Don't want him don't need him, especially if he thinks he can just turn it on whenever he feels like it, he might be in for a rude surprise to find that he's not as awesome as he thought he was. Arrogance has a way of leveling people.

If he continues playing half arsed and arrogant, then good riddance. Don't want him don't need him.
Not sure where the 'arrogant' accusation comes from, but there are many reasons why he may be 'half-arsed' at the moment. For instance, maybe he's hiding an injury, maybe his form is poor, maybe he's been sick or has a virus, maybe he's down because he just broke up with his gf?

My point is we dont know, so there is no need to jump to extreme conclusions.

The same applies to the club as a whole atm.

Last year I thought he'd be a future captain, now I see him becoming a future Footy Show panelist (McGuire could hook him up with a Cloke/Swan type deal)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah wow. Lose some games and start talking about players walking out on contracts yadda yadda... If we were winning this wouldn't even be thought about twice let alone posted as a thread.

IF Hanners does want to leave the club then good luck to him. However, for now, he is a swan and an important part of our starting players. He is down at the moment along with so many others at the club. It's time now for him & the club to turn it around and push hard to get that fire back and win a few games.

I know it's just a rumour thread and all and if you don't like it don't post etc but it's pretty annoying watching our posters suddenly start eating their own. It's a bit of a laugh for other watching it and I'd much rather see us collectively get behind the boys on here and show our support through what's been a pretty tough start to the year for us.

After his comments when he signed his last contract extension, I'm not at all surprised if he's looking to go back to Vic either now or when his contract is up.
Yeah this, Dan has said a few times he'd like to go back to Melbourne at some stage to play. May as well make it for big money if he can get it.

Not sure where the 'arrogant' accusation comes from, but there are many reasons why he may be 'half-arsed' at the moment. For instance, maybe he's hiding an injury, maybe his form is poor, maybe he's been sick or has a virus, maybe he's down because he just broke up with his gf?

My point is we dont know, so there is no need to jump to extreme conclusions.

The same applies to the club as a whole atm.
Fair enough, but half arsed = arrogance IMO. If my attitude is, I'll put in 100% when I feel like it, then that is arrogance. I don't know what his attitude is, and no doubt there are highly likely contributing factors that very few here would know about, but he does need to step up, and soon, the team needs his passion and ability to fire.

Yeah this, Dan has said a few times he'd like to go back to Melbourne at some stage to play. May as well make it for big money if he can get it.

:eek: You mean I wasn't reading too much into his comments this time?

:eek: You mean I wasn't reading too much into his comments this time?
No, because he's actually said he'd like to play football in Melbourne, you didn't just tack on an additional three or four sentences of interpretation.

No, because he's actually said he'd like to play football in Melbourne, you didn't just tack on an additional three or four sentences of interpretation.

Good to know I'm improving.

Myself and RW have discussed the matter and feel this topic is valid. We can no longer ignore the rumours nor keep our heads in the sand. We stress (as does Soph) that these are rumours NOT 100% but this is now two well connected posters who have posted the same thing. Myself and RW believe thats enough to warrant a thread on this.

Myself and RW have discussed the matter and feel this topic is valid. We can no longer ignore the rumours nor keep our heads in the sand. We stress (as does Soph) that these are rumours NOT 100% but this is now two well connected posters who have posted the same thing. Myself and RW believe thats enough to warrant a thread on this.

I agree with that. Sophie isn't some random poster who has no connection with the club. I would trust her rumours more than most people on this forum.

Yeah wow. Lose some games and start talking about players walking out on contracts yadda yadda... If we were winning this wouldn't even be thought about twice let alone posted as a thread.

IF Hanners does want to leave the club then good luck to him. However, for now, he is a swan and an important part of our starting players. He is down at the moment along with so many others at the club. It's time now for him & the club to turn it around and push hard to get that fire back and win a few games.

I know it's just a rumour thread and all and if you don't like it don't post etc but it's pretty annoying watching our posters suddenly start eating their own. It's a bit of a laugh for other watching it and I'd much rather see us collectively get behind the boys on here and show our support through what's been a pretty tough start to the year for us.

The fact it is coming from SOPH_CROSS makes it a valid discussion though as she has been right about these type of things in the past.

All of us are 100% behind the Swans on this forum, if we weren't we wouldn't post here. That being said even if Hanner's is contracted until until the end of 2016 the possibility of him getting traded isn't a topic that can be ruled out, especially if either of us got an offer we couldn't refuse.

Personally I don't think Hanner's is going to leave, he seems to be passionate about the club in the past and is most likely out of form at the moment but that doesn't mean I don't think this is a valid discussion topic.

I don't have an issue with rumour threads like this, it provides active discussion on the board and allows us to speculate a little which isn't a bad thing if it is kept under control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back