Daniel Hoskin needs to be sacked

Should Goal Umpire Daniel Hoskin be sacked following the Crows v Swans match on Saturday?

• Yes, there is no excuse for that decision (and for not reviewing)

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No, people make mistakes

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

CrowFan77

Senior List
Jun 27, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Daniel Hoskin was the Goal Umpire who adjudicated Ben Keayes shot on goal on Saturday to have touched the post. He then doubled-down on his mistake by chosing not to have the decision reviewed by the ARC.

If it was an isolated event by an inexperienced umpire, you would say people make mistakes, but Mr. Hoskin has officiated in nearly 200 AFL games and he was also responsible for the controversial Josh Jenkins goal that ultimately decided Showdown 46:

In my opinion, he is not capable of handling high pressure situations and should no longer be umpiring AFL matches.

Do you agree?

Daniel Hoskin was the Goal Umpire who adjudicated Ben Keayes shot on goal on Saturday to have touched the post. He then doubled-down on his mistake by chosing not to have the decision reviewed by the ARC.

If it was an isolated event by an inexperienced umpire, you would say people make mistakes, but Mr. Hoskin has officiated in nearly 200 AFL games and he was also responsible for the controversial Josh Jenkins goal that ultimately decided Showdown 46:

In my opinion, he is not capable of handling high pressure situations and should no longer be umpiring AFL matches.

Do you agree?
Maybe he learnt from the Jenkins one that he shouldn't review them.

So you're saying he's umpired in 200 games and he's made two mistakes that you know of?

No you're saying he's umpired in 200 games and he's made two mistakes that you know of?

No, I am saying that he has demonstrated that he cannot hand the pressure of high profile AFL games. Maybe he should be given insignificant fixtures like Carlton v Collingwood instead.

No, I am saying that he has demonstrated that he cannot hand the pressure of high profile AFL games. Maybe he should be given insignificant fixtures like Carlton v Collingwood instead.
Wow didn't last long before you got all testy.

I don't class the Jenkins one as a mistake, because reviewed like he should have. One genuine mistake doesn't mean you cannot handle the pressure, if so no players can handle the pressure of AFL games either.

Back