Will.B.Worth.Da.Waite

Premiership Player
Feb 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Is he in your team? He is one player BigFooty hype managed to suck me in to, but then a post from a West Coast supporter reignited fears I have. I personally don't think he is good enough to handle the number 1 tag, and as a result he won't be able to get his high scores from a couple of years ago. As well as that, he's known to have brain snaps and get suspended. Is also playing in a team likely to finish low on the ladder.

What are you thoughts about him? And do you have him?

i dont have him, but am still considering him.
i think there are better options around that mark, and with kerrs history i would probably only aim to keep him for an early trade up before suspensions/injuries

people know how to niggle him and get him off his game, i think the tag wont bother him too much but when someone like baker gets a hold of him he will probably end up suspended.

I have him, but not for the long term. Will look to trade him off after he gets suspended :)

don't have him, don't want him.

don't forget he handballs more than kicks and when he kicks it will be to useless eagles forwards.

I have him in my team and plan on keeping him. Think he will have a big year, my only concern is he can be a hot head and get suspended. That said, he IS a gun (people very quickly forget.....) and when on fire can rack up big numbers, win his own ball and turn a game.

He's cheap too. :thumbsu:

It's a hard one. I had him as a lock until recently.

I think there is more value in Gibbs, or find the extra 70k and get a Pendlebury or Cassisi.

Is also playing in a team likely to finish low on the ladder.

Made me think about this a bit more.

In total points scored last year only Cox (3), Power (9), Lids (15), Black (17) and Tuck (20) came in the top 20 for the year but were in teams that missed the 8. I may have to pay a bit extra attention to this.

Also noticed that 54 players scored > 2000 points last year but only 4 played < 21 games Goodes(53, 19 games) Hodge(52, 17 games) Pav (35, 19 games) and the great man G Ablett (6, 18 games).

This might seem obvious, more games = more points but I think I will be weighting the ability to get through 22 games as just about #1 in my selection criteria. I think the exception to this are risk mid-rangers like Lucas/Raines etc who should go up in value for cash or an elevator trade.

I know you cant predict with 100% certaintly who will miss games or get injured but I will be steering clear of the repeat offenders for injury and suspension.:thumbsu:

don't have him, don't want him.

don't forget he handballs more than kicks and when he kicks it will be to useless eagles forwards.

Fair call from a Blues supporter. After all you guys have Fevola and.. erm.. that guy.. and.. wait.. erm..

As for the OP if you weren't referring to me then x2, those are my thoughts exactly.. unless the next few NAB games prove otherwise.. however NAB games are often not a true indication.

Fair call from a Blues supporter. After all you guys have Fevola and.. erm.. that guy.. and.. wait.. erm..

As for the OP if you weren't referring to me then x2, those are my thoughts exactly.. unless the next few NAB games prove otherwise.. however NAB games are often not a true indication.

E = mc2
Fevola > Eagles Fordwardline.
QED

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You were exactly the poster I was referring to actually. As I said, I personally don't think Kerr is as good as blokes like Cousins and Judd as I don't think he is capable of beating a number 1 tag regularly. As a result, I'm not sure how he'll go this year. This appears to be your thoughts too. He was one player BigFooty had managed to convince me to get, but you've now convinced me to look elsewhere

yeh im worried a bit bout his record of gettin suspended
got him in atm
who else around his price range would people suggest?
got an extra 23k to spend aswell

You were exactly the poster I was referring to actually. As I said, I personally don't think Kerr is as good as blokes like Cousins and Judd as I don't think he is capable of beating a number 1 tag regularly. As a result, I'm not sure how he'll go this year. This appears to be your thoughts too. He was one player BigFooty had managed to convince me to get, but you've now convinced me to look elsewhere

Its not so much the handling of the #1 tag but both the lack of support and his extremely short temper.

I'd be wary this year. If guys like Butler, Masten and Ebert had a few more games under their belt i'd be a little more tempted.

i think the most succesful people in SC and DT are the ones who take risks... if you could pick a safe team of players who will all score 100 every week and not get suspended, then everyone would be doing it.

at the price kerr is at, i would think he's a great risk to take.

yes, he runs the risk of getting suspended.

yes, there may be doubts over his effectiveness against the no. 1 tagger.

yes, over the course of the year he will probably get a sub 50 score.

but once again, look at his price. i don't think you can turn down a guy who can get 130 regularly, when he's grouped among players who might just average 100

i think the most succesful people in SC and DT are the ones who take risks... if you could pick a safe team of players who will all score 100 every week and not get suspended, then everyone would be doing it.

at the price kerr is at, i would think he's a great risk to take.

yes, he runs the risk of getting suspended.

yes, there may be doubts over his effectiveness against the no. 1 tagger.

yes, over the course of the year he will probably get a sub 50 score.

but once again, look at his price. i don't think you can turn down a guy who can get 130 regularly, when he's grouped among players who might just average 100

yeah.. nah..

i hope kerr smashes it from an eagle's supporter point of view.. and i think he will improve from last year.. but not enough for the investment. for a few dollars more there are safer options imo.

i reckon our bolter will be masten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back