Delisted Daniel McKenzie

Remove this Banner Ad

So what are we seeing from Dan now?
Seems to me he used to not get much of the ball, and when he did, he used to hospital ball it to his nearest team mate.
Now we're seeing excellent marking and ball winning, and someone who's not afraid to take on the opposition.
Looks like a different person.

Dan McKenzie showed enormous courage in the Round 18 Game against Port ! He is a genuine star and has an excellent football brain. Very athletic and tenacious at the ball. Concussion is never a good thing - hope he is OK 🤞

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The move to the wing allows DMac to use his skills to advantage. He is quick selfless and courageous.
This means that you see him more likely helping defence blocking holes etc. His athleticism also means that he can follow the ball forward and often picks up the last link in the chain reward for effort goal from the square.

He is seriously good overhead much like Farren Ray was albeit undersized for that role. But one on one in a marking contest I would back him in.

You would not want to bet your life on DMacs disposal and he would be the first to agree. But he hits his targets at 30m...a bit like one R Harvey..and then runs on and supports like R Harvey...but that's where the comparison ends.

Sure DMac has limitations and deep defender is not where I want him to be, but on a wing where he can exploit his speed and endurance sees him in our best 22. Allows JB to play high half forward which is a better spot for him so the team looks better balanced. BTW did not see that at the start of the season.

Also he should finish top 10 in b&f.

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back