List Mgmt. Daniel McPherson - has departed NM. Thanks Dan.

Remove this Banner Ad

I made this point last offseason, but I think it's without a doubt now.

This is clearly the strongest we've ever been off field in terms of coaches/staff. While some may prefer the old school approach of having a few people in house who know what they're doing (e.g. Aylett/Barassi), as far as being a professional organisation we're making past North Melbourne teams seem completely amateur.

Here's hoping that it soon leads to on field success.

My understanding is that Dan McPherson and Brady Rawlings were on level pegging in the footy structure.

This article makes it sound like Dan is the footy boss and Rawlings is list manager who is subordinate.

Has Brady been quietly bumped down a peg?

No disrespect to Dan, but he wasn't the right fit and was a poor hire in retrospect. I called this departure a couple of weeks ago actually.

There was nobody at Arden Street who had any idea on how to run a football department. Well, excluding the coach for some weird reason. McPherson was brought in to run the majority of that department, but it turned out he had no idea either. His hire was the result of an inexperienced board and CEO that wanted to poach somebody from Melbourne just for the sake of it. Judging by how the year went, he wasn't ready for the promotion and contributed to the coaching, list-management, and football-management departments all having no experience and no idea what they were doing.

I hope Dan lands on his feet, but his hire represents rock bottom for the club off the field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I the only one that thought having Rocca as our midfield coach was a bit odd?
Rocca was a 'boxing coach' at Collingwood immediately after he finished playing, wink, wink, nudge, nudge. Maybe we owed Sav some money so Anthony came in to collect it.

No disrespect to Dan, but he wasn't the right fit and was a poor hire in retrospect. I called this departure a couple of weeks ago actually.

There was nobody at Arden Street who had any idea on how to run a football department. Well, excluding the coach for some weird reason. McPherson was brought in to run the majority of that department, but it turned out he had no idea either. His hire was the result of an inexperienced board and CEO that wanted to poach somebody from Melbourne just for the sake of it. Judging by how the year went, he wasn't ready for the promotion and contributed to the coaching, list-management, and football-management departments all having no experience and no idea what they were doing.

I hope Dan lands on his feet, but his hire represents rock bottom for the club off the field.

Honestly how do you know that? You're just speculating.

Didn't he actually conduct most of the review that we are now using to make all these changes?

Maybe the bloke was fine in really difficult circumstances but was the most suitable bloke to make way for the new structure with Clarko + Viney?

I wish him all the best.

Wonder if the recent staff departures are linked to Geoff Walsh's report ?
No doubt. Why pay and conduct the task without acting on its findings. Unless clarkson wants his own assistants around him and we have to shell a few to fit them in.

I made this point last offseason, but I think it's without a doubt now.

This is clearly the strongest we've ever been off field in terms of coaches/staff. While some may prefer the old school approach of having a few people in house who know what they're doing (e.g. Aylett/Barassi), as far as being a professional organisation we're making past North Melbourne teams seem completely amateur.

Here's hoping that it soon leads to on field success.

That didn’t take long to go pear-shaped… 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back