Daniel Menzel back to SA

Remove this Banner Ad

phill5158

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Its been circling lately from some Geelong supporters with inside knowledge. Could be wanting to play with his brother (that will mean playing reserves). There isnt much room for him at Adelaide so possibly Port could look at him for a backup for Dixon.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Its been circling lately from some Geelong supporters with inside knowledge. Could be wanting to play with his brother (that will mean playing reserves). There isnt much room for him at Adelaide so possibly Port could look at him for a backup for Dixon.

How would Menzel be a backup to Dixon ???

Menzel would be sort of a replacement for McGovern if he left I suppose - can't crash a pack but can hit up on leads and strong overhead

Someone told me the Crows were in the box seat for Rockliff incidentally - no idea if truth to either rumour

But once again Crows shaping to be large players in the off season - possibly with players arriving and departing

Exciting times potentially

Couldn't care less if we got Devon Smith whom we are targeting.

Every time I watch Menzel go near the ball I worry he's going to do a 5th knee at least I won't have to care if he's gone.

If he plays for Port he wouldn't be playing with his brother

Club in discussions with manager for new contract...

Its been slow to get going - manager was out of country - but it is in discussion.

Regarding his SA ties, he has mentioned that going home is always a thought, as is playing with his brother.

Is it possible - sure, is it likely... not so high on that happening.

Go Catters

Club in discussions with manager for new contract...

Its been slow to get going - manager was out of country - but it is in discussion.

Regarding his SA ties, he has mentioned that going home is always a thought, as is playing with his brother.

Is it possible - sure, is it likely... not so high on that happening.

Go Catters
Possible, was also in really good form early this year so them kind of statements can be just his managers advice to milk a few extra bucks out of the contract by dangling the prospect of leaving. I reckon he'll stay, in fact I hope he does, the Cats stuck with him through so many knee reco's so be good for him to continue to pay them back a little bit for that.

Possible, was also in really good form early this year so them kind of statements can be just his managers advice to milk a few extra bucks out of the contract by dangling the prospect of leaving. I reckon he'll stay, in fact I hope he does, the Cats stuck with him through so many knee reco's so be good for him to continue to pay them back a little bit for that.

At the same time can see where Menzel may be coming from, wanting a longer term deal. After all, he has gone through so much and to get back playing well (may kick 50 goals this year) is looking at securing his own future regardless of what happens.

At the same time can see where Menzel may be coming from, wanting a longer term deal. After all, he has gone through so much and to get back playing well (may kick 50 goals this year) is looking at securing his own future regardless of what happens.
Yeah definitely, could totally just be acknowledging that he needs to get the longest best contract he can given he's been robbed of much of his career. Hard to fault him whatever decision he makes.

Menzel would be sort of a replacement for McGovern if he left I suppose - can't crash a pack but can hit up on leads and strong overhead

Someone told me the Crows were in the box seat for Rockliff incidentally - no idea if truth to either rumour

But once again Crows shaping to be large players in the off season - possibly with players arriving and departing

Exciting times potentially

He can go to Port. Jenkins couldn't crash a pack if it would save world hunger and Walker is more of a one out forward. Rockliff can also get ****ed with his 200 metres gained a game. Gibbs or Pendlebury please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd trade him. Wouldn't have said that 2 months ago but he doesn't look right. He can't run at the moment. Doesn't provide defensive pressure, kicks the odd goal but costs just as many. Im worried about his long term future, id trade him now whilst he has some value.

Would have been waiting for the CBA to be finalised to maximise his value after so many injuries, but no way he would leave Geelong after all the faith they've shown in him throughout his career just when he's really starting to hit his straps and move into the top echelon of small forwards. A small forwards career is at peak for a very short amount of time, so he'd be nuts to leave Geelong.

If Menzel pushes for a longer deal then his yearly salary will less. That's how risk and reward works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd trade him. Wouldn't have said that 2 months ago but he doesn't look right. He can't run at the moment. Doesn't provide defensive pressure, kicks the odd goal but costs just as many. Im worried about his long term future, id trade him now whilst he has some value.

He is an unrestricted free agent. If he goes, he doesn't get traded

Remove this Banner Ad

Back