Free Agency Daniel Menzel [Off to Sydney after Swans give him another chance as a DFA]

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Not a lot between their overall career stats. Fasolo with a few more tackles and Menzel a few more goals the the only real differences.

D Menzel
Kicks: 8.2
Hballs: 4.3
Marks: 4.4
Tackles: 1.5
Goals: 1.9

Fasolo
Kicks: 8.6
Hballs: 5.3
Marks: 4.5
Tackles 2.5
Goals: 1.3

0.6 more goals is a lot over 22 rounds.

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Bring in Rohan and punt Menzel, *******s.

Outside of Hawkins no-one else knows how to kick a goal at Geelong.(Kelly went alright with 24 for his first season)

Yay, let's get rid of a bloke who can kick goals but isn't the strongest tackler in the league and play blokes that can't kick goals and can't ******* tackle either.

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
The big issue is his forward 50 pressure. With today’s game built around pressure he’ll be up against it getting taken unless he can convince a club he can improve that aspect of his game. A few years back there’s no way Geelong let him go. Extremely talented though and could still kick 40 goals.

Billyc

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I don't suspect Hawks are keen but he would be ok in our forward line - can take contested marks which is not the strength of our other forwards. And the rest of our forwards put on pressure.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Can see him taking Lecras' spot in our forward line.

Long shot though.

LeCras laid 70 tackles this season. Not a great season by his standards but still managed 14 touches a game, 60 inside 50s and 32 goals. Was 4th for marks inside 50 and really 5th or 6th pro rata. Had doughnuts on the score sheet in the GF and still played a small role.

Menzel only played 13 games and was still number 2 for marks inside 50 for the Cats going at 1.5 per game. Doesn't get a lot of the ball, doesn't tackle and doesn't push outside 50 that much. He suits a team with only one genuine marking target inside 50, like say, Geelong.

I'd really like to see Menzel find a club and do well but I reckon at WC with the way he plays he would only succeed by us diverting ball away from Kennedy and Darling which is detrimental to our game plan.

Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals

Swansujelly

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 6, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
NBA, Woodville,
personally not sold on him, however, will be cheap and I back the medical team if they clear him. Not sure who he displaces in a fully fit 22, may have to do a bit in the NEAFL first.

personally not sold on him, however, will be cheap and I back the medical team if they clear him. Not sure who he displaces in a fully fit 22, may have to do a bit in the NEAFL first.

He SHOULD replace Jack but our coach will never do that.

Back