Past Daniel Menzel - delisted 2019

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
PS: Saw some footage on social media of training and both Amartey and Bell are sporting solid 6 packs.

Kegs my arse!

I haven’t seen anyone say they had kegs?
I haven’t seen Bell mentioned at all. Amartey was reported came last in the time trial which is about all I’ve seen (and that doesn’t mean he has kegs, perhaps not particularly strong from an endurance point of view).

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
I haven’t seen anyone say they had kegs?
I haven’t seen Bell mentioned at all. Amartey was reported came last in the time trial which is about all I’ve seen (and that doesn’t mean he has kegs, perhaps not particularly strong from an endurance point of view).
Not sure if it’s been deleted but it was in the preseason thread. Some time before Reid was described as “garbage”.

Edit: Post 25.

Last edited:

lazy77

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Last season was pretty bad for him. We gave him a chance to prove his worth and he showed nothing. He was a passenger at best. It's a good decision to let him go imo.

Last season was pretty bad for him. We gave him a chance to prove his worth and he showed nothing. He was a passenger at best. It's a good decision to let him go imo.

With the late start he was never going to be able to make up the deficit an extra year may have seen him able to contribute. Body and timing failed him shame he didn't get another year IMO

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
With the late start he was never going to be able to make up the deficit an extra year may have seen him able to contribute. Body and timing failed him shame he didn't get another year IMO
We had a pretty good idea what we were getting and took a risk for a medium forward with good goal sense but no turning circle, no pressure and limited possession gathering. The risk didn't pay off but such is life. We all move on.

He's been charged, not convicted. There may be nothing in it but the law requires that any claim of that nature is taken seriously.

yeah absolutely, but the macho bs footy culture seems to pop out to varying degrees all the time

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Charged means that the police believe there is sufficient evidence to convict.

On Nokia 7.1 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Maybe charged will come to mean convicted in a future dystopian society but thankfully not here and now in 2020.

There's a reason why the general public is encouraged not to comment on criminal matters. Such comments effectively try the person in the court of public opinion, without proper consideration of the evidence for or against. Not only can it besmirch the reputation of an innocent person but in the worst case scenario a trial by media can void any later jury trial due to the likelihood of juror bias through media expposure.

Please keep in mind that Menzel may be perfectly innocent of the charge. It's important for him, for the alleged victim and for our society that he's not pre-judged.

Police can and do lay charges on the basis of a single allegation, even if there's very little solid evidence. Often they are obliged to do so, even if there are no witnesses or corroborating evidence to support the allegation. They can use that charge to gain time to subject the suspect for interviews or to dig further for evidence for or against.

It's not even the role of the police to determine if there is sufficient evidence to go to trial, let alone for a conviction. It is their role purely to uncover whatever evidence exists, including evidence that may refure the allegations. It's the role of the public prosecutor to decide whether there's sufficient evidence supporting the charge to have the case heard in court. Finally, it's the court who decides whether or not the evidence proves the defendant is guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler

"In the same breath, the Bulldogs, who finished second-last in 2020 with three wins, gave brothers and former AFL players Daniel and Troy Menzel a frank parting clip after their decision to leave for reigning SANFL premiers Woodville-West Torrens."

Aug 25, 2008
Leeds/'Berra/Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney

"In the same breath, the Bulldogs, who finished second-last in 2020 with three wins, gave brothers and former AFL players Daniel and Troy Menzel a frank parting clip after their decision to leave for reigning SANFL premiers Woodville-West Torrens."

Having read the article, I'm still not sure what the clip was meant to be? Seems like a pretty standard "these blokes have moved on". Seems like a slow news day.

Back