Past Daniel Menzel - delisted 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

But our forward line isn't broken, our midfield is

Were you drunk in 2018?

Our midfield was bad but our forward line was pathetic! We barely scored a goal in a semi final! We need goalscorers. Mills and Jones in the middle help the midfield that is if and that's a big IF Horse actually plays them there!

But our forward line isn't broken, our midfield is
I disagree. Both areas have major problems imo. At least Menzel provides a forward option when we have to send Buddy up field to find the footy. Someone to actually kick It too.

I disagree. Both areas have major problems imo. At least Menzel provides a forward option when we have to send Buddy up field to find the footy. Someone to actually kick It too.

Also a marking medium tall forward. It's the exact player we lack. You look at our forward and who do we have that plays this role? Dawson has on occasions but I'd rather him in the middle. We have talks, smalls and mids, we don't have a marking medium tall. Menzel is this.

Also a marking medium tall forward. It's the exact player we lack. You look at our forward and who do we have that plays this role? Dawson has on occasions but I'd rather him in the middle. We have talks, smalls and mids, we don't have a marking medium tall. Menzel is this.

McCartin is actually a third marking tall. In Reid's absence and occasionally Bud he played 2nd or 1st tall.

McCartin is actually a third marking tall. In Reid's absence and occasionally Bud he played 2nd or 1st tall.

McCartin isn't a medium tall. All of McCartin, Reid and Buddy are KPP's, Reid can play wing a bit, but Menzel is your marking medium. Quick enough to be a mid, but tall enough to play tall and mark it. Also a lot better set shot than McCartin and Reid.

Were you drunk in 2018?

Our midfield was bad but our forward line was pathetic! We barely scored a goal in a semi final! We need goalscorers. Mills and Jones in the middle help the midfield that is if and that's a big IF Horse actually plays them there!
We never got delivery to the forward line. We complain all the time about our inside 50s being so low and how we constantly lose that stat almost every game. Our scoring problem was 100% our inability to move the ball from defence to attack. Menzel sitting in our forward 50 waiting for the ball to turn up will not result in more goals

We never got delivery to the forward line. We complain all the time about our inside 50s being so low and how we constantly lose that stat almost every game. Our scoring problem was 100% our inability to move the ball from defence to attack. Menzel sitting in our forward 50 waiting for the ball to turn up will not result in more goals

It will if we don't play chip it back and forth. Menzel is a brilliant forward, we leave him there and he'll be an asset. We don't need to move another forward. As it is Papley can go in the middle for bursts, so can Hayward (or I hope so in 2019).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It will if we don't play chip it back and forth. Menzel is a brilliant forward, we leave him there and he'll be an asset. We don't need to move another forward. As it is Papley can go in the middle for bursts, so can Hayward (or I hope so in 2019).
But my question was CAN Menzel play midfield, not whether we think he should play midfield. Did he ever play midfield for Geelong or has he always been a forward?

But my question was CAN Menzel play midfield, not whether we think he should play midfield. Did he ever play midfield for Geelong or has he always been a forward?

In his first season before his ACL he did, but forget about that notion now. Dangerous forward, leave him there!

McCartin isn't a medium tall. All of McCartin, Reid and Buddy are KPP's, Reid can play wing a bit, but Menzel is your marking medium. Quick enough to be a mid, but tall enough to play tall and mark it. Also a lot better set shot than McCartin and Reid.

Agree Menzel is a better kick.
Tom is 192cm and runs all day. Bit small for a kpd, but offers a different set of strengths as a third tall.

McCartin is only 2cm taller than Menzel. So not a huge difference. Reid is 6cm taller and Buddy 9cm taller.

Menzel is only 3% more accurate than Reid over their last 60 games or so. Pretty marginal.

McCartin is only 2cm taller than Menzel. So not a huge difference. Reid is 6cm taller and Buddy 9cm taller.

Menzel is only 3% more accurate than Reid over their last 60 games or so. Pretty marginal.

I'd like that extra 3% considering how bad we kick for goal! The amount of absolute sitters we miss..

Expect Sammy had more set shots.

In his first season before his ACL he did, but forget about that notion now. Dangerous forward, leave him there!
Found my answer
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...d/news-story/531dc43cb2cf1b73307f88b3911e1c72
17. Daniel Menzel (Geelong)
Central District
Utility, 18, 185cm, 77kg
Has ability to play down back, up forward or on the ball and is noted for his rebound, footy smarts, endurance and efficiency.

Longmire_John.jpg

I'd like that extra 3% considering how bad we kick for goal! The amount of absolute sitters we miss..

I’d take the extra 3% too.

Reid’s kicking just isn’t as bad as made out anymore. He only really had one poor year (more behinds than goals) and that was in his first full season. That’s when he gets on the park of course...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back