bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Happy with one year. Is he going to rob some of our young forwards of development opportunities ? He's a guarantee that we'll have a fully functioning forward line in 2019 and year by year means we can always ditch him to clear salary cap space, if and when our younger players develop (and demand more cash). The club obviously thinks it's the right call. I guess he will know that he's our insurance rather than our future.

Bit ironic if Buddy, Reid, Sinclair and McCartin stay in top shape all year and Menzel struggles to get games.

Did we pay much ?

Happy with one year. Is he going to rob some of our young forwards of development opportunities ? He's a guarantee that we'll have a fully functioning forward line in 2019 and year by year means we can always ditch him to clear salary cap space, if and when our younger players develop (and demand more cash). The club obviously thinks it's the right call. I guess he will know that he's our insurance rather than our future.

Bit ironic if Buddy, Reid, Sinclair and McCartin stay in top shape all year and Menzel struggles to get games.

Did we pay much ?

If Menzel struggles to get games then that is a good thing.

Unless Reid is playing on the wing, that's too tall for me. You need a medium tall (Menzel)

Grimoz

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 28, 2011
Shhh...its a secret!!!
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Manchester Utd, New York Rangers

Did we pay much ?

Sorry to say but there is no guarantee with Menzel, if he stays fit he will be bloody good for you but unfortunately his body has more cracks than a plumbers convention and could easily break down. Hope it all goes well for him though and he proves Geelong wrong, new environment might be just what he needs.

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Sorry to say but there is no guarantee with Menzel, if he stays fit he will be bloody good for you but unfortunately his body has more cracks than a plumbers convention and could easily break down. Hope it all goes well for him though and he proves Geelong wrong.
I'd love it if we didn't need him but we have a similar player in Reid who also breaks down. We only really need one of them to be firing if we have Buddy, Sinclair and McCartin available.

Now apologise for putting the image of plumbers cracks into our heads. Not nice at all.

Werent Geelong offering the same 1 yr deal? i thought the reason he left Geelong is because he wanted a 2yr deal.

There may be a verbal agreement where if he plays lets say 15 games, that's an automatic trigger for another year.

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Hope he goes well for you guys. I was disappointed he was cut by Geelong but it seems his body is a very iffy prospect. I still rate him as a pure forward who's sole job is to kick goals and hopefully he can play that role well for you guys and stay fit doing so.

Thanks. Hope Rohan gets his head in the right place and plays to his potential. He seemed to struggle mentally in Sydney and will do well to be back with family. I wonder if he might finally become consistent. Great player to have when he's on. Blinding speed, scary tackling and impressive marking. Penetrating foot. All the gifts. Just rarely put them into a full 4 quarters.

Back