Past Daniel Menzel - delisted 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Do it in the 1’s, just like Franklin does! Just have to remember that Menzel has had more training than Franklin also.

Yep. It is not like this his his first season or two. Should be ok to go. The expectations of him being a defensive forward are not there anyway surely.

Be nice to have someone loiter with intent way in front of the play anyway. Anchor him to the goal square one out. It would cause some headaches.

I rate Franklin and that’s exactly the case!

Haha touche!

Gonna take a lot more than a bloke who averages less than 2 goals a game across his career to make us an attacking team. He’s basically just a more experienced Hayward, and we couldn’t kick a big score with him either. If Horse is smart, he’ll be leaving Menzel one out in the goal square and giving him as much isolation as possible. He’s bloody good one on one.

Haha touche!

Gonna take a lot more than a bloke who averages less than 2 goals a game across his career to make us an attacking team. He’s basically just a more experienced Hayward, and we couldn’t kick a big score with him either. If Horse is smart, he’ll be leaving Menzel one out in the goal square and giving him as much isolation as possible. He’s bloody good one on one.
The problem isn’t the forwards though, most of us know that.

Yep, it’s the midfielders + the guy structuring the forwards.
Imagine having the greatest full forward in history (Lockett) and a real workmanlike midfield that will hit you on the tit, lace out (Cresswell, Kelly, Grant, Dyson & Kickett). Forward line was crowded.

We have one of the best forwards, what should be a workmanlike midfield and we couldn’t hit the side of a barn on the wing, while Franklin picks daisies on his own (well, there are 6 on him) in the F50!

Imagine having the greatest full forward in history (Lockett) and a real workmanlike midfield that will hit you on the tit, lace out (Cresswell, Kelly, Grant, Dyson & Kickett). Forward line was crowded.

We have one of the best forwards, what should be a workmanlike midfield and we couldn’t hit the side of a barn on the wing, while Franklin picks daisies on his own (well, there are 6 on him) in the F50!
Dyson!!! Geez he was good for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d pick him in the seniors as soon as fit, he’s better than anyone there who can play his position and we aren’t risking much
I guess if he's picked it's because he is ready to go but if he fails the knives will come out.
I'm confused with when it's important a player gets minutes of game time into their legs & when not.
He is/was one smart player to have up forward & may reshape a team's defence.
Now we just need to get it in there.

I guess if he's picked it's because he is ready to go but if he fails the knives will come out.
I'm confused with when it's important a player gets minutes of game time into their legs & when not.

To me the year is pretty much over more than likely, we only have him a year on a contract. He is a proven afl commodity and we roll the dice

Ideally you would get any player game time and so on, but when the teams done essentially and players aren’t performing then go for it, if he fails just don’t keep him next year

So straight into the seniors Mick?

Yep!

I’d rather he fail at senior level than fail at NEAFL level, the same scenario as Franklin or Kennedy or Parker or Rampe. You get the gist.

I rate Menzel but I don’t think he’s gonna make much of a difference really.
Given that we can't get the ball down there anyway he's going to be spending a lot of time twiddling his thumbs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back