Daniel Motlop to quit Roos.

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Stevo
What will you give us for Harvey? Don't say Teague. We've got enough slow defenders.

Don;t really care ATM.

Originally posted by sross
It appears from you are saying the Dons have enough of everything. Take the blinkers off :rolleyes:

Eh?

What we need: Established quick, skillful outside midfielder; Established ruckman to backup Hille; a centre half forward to help out Lloyd and provide another target.

We don't need in-and-under players, we don't need young outside midfielders or young ruckman, we don't need small forwards, we don't need tall backmen.

What we'll probably look to pick up in the draft: One or two key position players, most likely backmen, to prepare for Fletcher and Wellman's retirement. Other than that we'll probably just take the best on offer regardless of position.

Hopefully that makes things easy enough for you to understand.

will be harvey plus draft pick for motlop

to all those bomber supporters that think that u will trade that crab in Harvey for Motlop ...uve got another thing coming.
At the very least a second round pick is fair and sumthing else.

I am totally unbiased (supporting the eagles) so get your head out of the clouds cause it wont happen.
If u think that it no other club can beat u offering harvey ure wrong- i think the ealges would offer a first round pick and so would alot of clubs.

Originally posted by theorangeapple
to all those bomber supporters that think that u will trade that crab in Harvey for Motlop ...uve got another thing coming.
At the very least a second round pick is fair and sumthing else.

I am totally unbiased (supporting the eagles) so get your head out of the clouds cause it wont happen.
If u think that it no other club can beat u offering harvey ure wrong- i think the ealges would offer a first round pick and so would alot of clubs.

Agreed. The situation with Motlop is different to Harvey. Harvey wants to leave us to go to the Roos. Motlop hasn't specified a club. Thus, there'll be a few clubs looking to get Motlop, whereas the Roos don't have to do anything to get Harvey.

Originally posted by Falchoon
Is he contracted?

Otherwise Carlton in the pre-season draft for $100000 more than he is getting now.

Carlton would have to be getting desperate.

Not contracted.

Desperate? Carlton would be doing cartwheels.

He is the youngest on offer, and will turn out better than all of them IMO.

Geez id be spewin if I were a roos fan, he really came on in the 2nd half of the year and I liken him to Pickett, minus the hardness.

Ud want more than Shane Harvery for him, who is one of those great at VFL average at AFL, same for Dylan Smith. Saints could prolly offer the best choice of players. Straight swap for Dal Santo would be fair.

Originally posted by Thunderstruck
Geez id be spewin if I were a roos fan, he really came on in the 2nd half of the year and I liken him to Pickett, minus the hardness.

Ud want more than Shane Harvery for him, who is one of those great at VFL average at AFL, same for Dylan Smith. Saints could prolly offer the best choice of players. Straight swap for Dal Santo would be fair.

Dal Santo is better than Motlop. In my opinion, only Riewoldt is a better prospect at the saints than Dal Santo. He will be a superstar.

Fair comment superstar, I know u guys rate that kid highly and righty so, showed a load when he came back onto the scene in the latter part of this season. Still who else from the saints would u be willing to offload to them? In saying u only rate Riewoldt higher a straight swap for perhaps either Luke Ball or Xavier Clarke would suffice? Ball is prolly better than Clarke.

OK DREAMERS
mark my words:
Daniel Motlop is not going anywhere. He will be just as shocked by this story as was the club. Its kind of hard to believe he would be having such dealings with the club while he is in mexico. His management think they are smart by doing this to get some more $$$$$$$$
He will stay and if he doesn't he won't go to ess or port, neither of them have a player good enough to trade to us for him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Thunderstruck
Fair comment superstar, I know u guys rate that kid highly and righty so, showed a load when he came back onto the scene in the latter part of this season. Still who else from the saints would u be willing to offload to them? In saying u only rate Riewoldt higher a straight swap for perhaps either Luke Ball or Xavier Clarke would suffice? Ball is prolly better than Clarke.

Look, Motlop is good but for Ball or Clarke??? Come on Clarke is twice the footballer that Motlop is and Ball problably 10 times.

The only way Motlop would end up at St.Kilda is in a 3 team trade that would see Black go to Freo or Eagles. Either WA team send a player to Roos. Motlop to Saints.

Although I agree with Carlos' Roos. I doubt Motlop is going anywhere.

Originally posted by gosaints
Look, Motlop is good but for Ball or Clarke??? Come on Clarke is twice the footballer that Motlop is and Ball problably 10 times.

Exaggerating just a little, I hope.

Originally posted by gosaints

The only way Motlop would end up at St.Kilda is in a 3 team trade that would see Black go to Freo or Eagles. Either WA team send a player to Roos. Motlop to Saints.

Although I agree with Carlos' Roos. I doubt Motlop is going anywhere.

finally some sanity on this thread.
Why doesn't everybody stop dreaming about bullsh** trades.
Its a roos v saints grand final the next 10 years.

Can't see Motlop ending up going to anywhere but Essendon IMO. Harvey for Motlop sounds right, possibly throw in a McGrath/Henneman sweetener

And to think it was not long ago that a few were dreaming of a Motlop dynasty at the Kangaroos...

I think people may be overrating Motlop a touch given his great last game of the season - but then again he has shown that he has the goods unlike a few others who have had their names bantered around in this thread.

The reason why I find Motlop/S.Harvey very stupid is that if Shane is going to the Roos to join his brother it is in effect breaking up another brother-brother partnership (not that I know if Shannon will be around for too much longer). I hope this isn't the basis for any trade because Motlop at the moment is a much, much, much better footballer. Although I didn't initially rate Brent Harvey either.....

As a Saints supporter, I'm hoping against hope that we can keep all the promising kids down there, but I still get this feeling that we are going to lose a few along the way. Their premiership 'pact' etc. seems to imply that a few were pressured into signing, so hopefully this premiership comes sooner rather than later when interest and passion for the club begins to wane. As much as I'd like to see Motlop at the club, if given the choice I would take Dal Santo/Clarke/Ball etc. any day.

Hopefully you Kangas get something decent in return for him as he will become a staple player for the club which he settles into - but if he decides to stay I guess a few of you guys can cheer up again :D

Thomas

Carlos' Roos is right, Motlop won't go anywhere

Well close the thread then....

Got this weeks lottery numbers carlos?

Motlop is not worth much in the way of a trade. Any club that wants him is trading for potential...there is not much there in terms of performances. If a trade does eventuate then i dont see the kanga's getting a whole lot for him. Although a 1st rnd pick is only fair considering he was one a couple of years back.

Originally posted by ThomasR
And to think it was not long ago that a few were dreaming of a Motlop dynasty at the Kangaroos...

I think people may be overrating Motlop a touch given his great last game of the season - but then again he has shown that he has the goods unlike a few others who have had their names bantered around in this thread.

The reason why I find Motlop/S.Harvey very stupid is that if Shane is going to the Roos to join his brother it is in effect breaking up another brother-brother partnership (not that I know if Shannon will be around for too much longer). I hope this isn't the basis for any trade because Motlop at the moment is a much, much, much better footballer. Although I didn't initially rate Brent Harvey either.....

As a Saints supporter, I'm hoping against hope that we can keep all the promising kids down there, but I still get this feeling that we are going to lose a few along the way. Their premiership 'pact' etc. seems to imply that a few were pressured into signing, so hopefully this premiership comes sooner rather than later when interest and passion for the club begins to wane. As much as I'd like to see Motlop at the club, if given the choice I would take Dal Santo/Clarke/Ball etc. any day.

Hopefully you Kangas get something decent in return for him as he will become a staple player for the club which he settles into - but if he decides to stay I guess a few of you guys can cheer up again :D

Thomas

Good post mate but like the article said.. He quit... Roos might end up getting him still but it looks like his mind is made up. I would love to see him at Windy Hill.. Alot of people were saying a year or two ago how bad our young talent was but its slowly improving and he would be a great addition..

Originally posted by Stevo
Eh?

We don't need in-and-under players, we don't need young outside midfielders or young ruckman, we don't need small forwards, we don't need tall backmen.

What we'll probably look to pick up in the draft: One or two key position players, most likely backmen, to prepare for Fletcher and Wellman's retirement.

Mate, you've got problems! You need tall backmen with Wellman about to retire and Fletcher suspended all the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back