Injury Daniel Rioli likely to miss round one of Richmond Tigers' 2018 AFL season

Remove this Banner Ad

I've watched the finals series a few times and I have to say Rioli was a standout with his work rate. His pressure and run downs, even when it was unlikely to even catch the opposition, was exceptional. Bolton has a similar, if not better, ability to create and kick goals but I don't know of another player on our list who has the discipline and determination to defend as Daniel. I think he is going to be sorely missed.

I hope that the coaches can use his game as a template/model to create the required competition in our next tier small forwards this year. I don't want to see any small forward in our side who is not defensive minded and is not unselfish. It is a model that has worked and filtered through the rest of the side.

I think Bolton and Higgins can make the role theirs, similar to what Townsend did, if they are willing to run/chase/tackle first and foremost.

I've watched the finals series a few times and I have to say Rioli was a standout with his work rate. His pressure and run downs, even when it was unlikely to even catch the opposition, was exceptional. Bolton has a similar, if not better, ability to create and kick goals but I don't know of another player on our list who has the discipline and determination to defend as Daniel. I think he is going to be sorely missed.

I hope that the coaches can use his game as a template/model to create the required competition in our next tier small forwards this year. I don't want to see any small forward in our side who is not defensive minded and is not unselfish. It is a model that has worked and filtered through the rest of the side.

I think Bolton and Higgins can make the role theirs, similar to what Townsend did, if they are willing to run/chase/tackle first and foremost.
Last year that defensive mindset and work rate was a standout in the foward line, Im thinking the coaches are wanting to implement some of this further down the ground and beyond with players like Butler/Rioli working further up the ground and Bolton/Higgins closer to goal

Our KPP that have been drafted also have similar traits and before we know it it will be an all over the ground in every position game plan

Higgins to play round 1 now surely...
Young Higgins is a mid first and foremost.
Rioli out and i still think hes over hyped despite the promise. then Bolton takes his spot.

Injuries aside i hope all of Moore Bolton Rioli Markov and Higgins are in the 22.

lol Carlton is playing bigger mind games with carlton than anybody els

They have convinced themself's that they are actually going to be competitive , Their latest claim is they have the best youngsters in the AFL even though they have constantly taken GWS left overs.

84 point win to Richmond coming up

carlspoon are ****ed. one of their 2 good players is injured and their gameplan has been the same shithouse gameplan for years now with zero improvement. they will be spooners next year and we'll win round 1 by 100+

I've pretty much written off anything special from Rioli for 2018.

It's been what - 6 months? Broken bone in foot? It's a big injury.

I expect he will play this year - maybe even in the next few weeks, for all I know. I just think, with zero pre-season, no competitive work, for a guy who relies on quickness, evasion and pace so much, it is going to be very hard for him to jump straight back in at the same levels of play.

I certainly hope he does get back fully fit and firing. Long-term, I'm not worried - but anything 'Rioli-level' for 2018 will be a bonus.

I've pretty much written off anything special from Rioli for 2018.

It's been what - 6 months? Broken bone in foot? It's a big injury.

I expect he will play this year - maybe even in the next few weeks, for all I know. I just think, with zero pre-season, no competitive work, for a guy who relies on quickness, evasion and pace so much, it is going to be very hard for him to jump straight back in at the same levels of play.

I certainly hope he does get back fully fit and firing. Long-term, I'm not worried - but anything 'Rioli-level' for 2018 will be a bonus.

Considering how huge he was for us last year, particularly in the finals, he could miss the whole year and I would not be bothered. I'd rather he gets himself right, rather then be rushed back in.

Dont expect much for 2018. Hes been injured/ in recovery since September 2017, we are in April 2018 now.

Expectations need to be extremely low for him this year.

AA on the back of 15-17 games.
Norm Smith
3rd in the B&F

Those sort of expectations? He is a full blood Rioli in his third year after all.

AA on the back of 15-17 games.
Norm Smith
3rd in the B&F

Those sort of expectations? He is a full blood Rioli in his third year after all.

Yeah, we've got to wind back on those a bit.

AA squad, some votes in the Norm Smith and top 10 in the B&F will have to do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back