Universal Love Daniel Talia signs 5-year extension

Remove this Banner Ad

Really happy about this signing. Don't know about you guys but I have been fearful of key players requesting to be moved on. Has happened too much in the last decade IMO. This has put back a bit of faith that players want to stay with our club (especially non SA boys). Well done Tals. Happy happy joy joy.

Great news. Reckon our backline is going to become a solid unit and he is the leader down there.

Just after he was drafted I was sitting in the MCC and an older gent sitting next to me and I got talking. He asked me what I knew about Talia. I said not much given I don't see much SANFL games and how out players are spread around. He told me how good Talia would be and how he has seen most of his junior footy and how good a lad he is and we have a gem in Talia.

Some time later I see a picture of Daniel with this older gent, it was his Grandfather.

I thought it was very interesting in how it was announced. There was an earlier statement from a member about how the club needs to be putting funding into ensuring that we stop losing stars going 'home' and that could have been a perfect time to announce it. Instead it was at the very end of Pyke's presentation and introduction of the new players. He had walked off the stage and Fages had to chase after him, talk to him quietly about how he had forgotten someone and then Pyke comes back and says he has some news about Talia, but the media got it wrong. It wasn't four years... [dramatic pause as the man knows how to work a room] it was five. There was some words about what quality Tals is etc both on and off the field and his love for the club.

This was all said at the introduction of the new players section, who are sitting there in the front row and hearing this for the first time it seemed. A nice little subtle mention to them all about the loyalty shown by a very popular member of the playing group. Stick with us guys. Follow in Talia's lead, essentially.

th

Looking forward to Talia v Dixon in showdowns.;)
Great signing:thumbsu:
Unfortunately, Dixon is one guy that Talia has found difficult to handle over the years. When Dixon is up and running, he is one of the best forwards in the league and I think his size and athleticism has caused Talia a bit of grief over time.

Either way, ******* stoked to have this guy remain a Crow for the entire career.

Unfortunately, Dixon is one guy that Talia has found difficult to handle over the years. When Dixon is up and running, he is one of the best forwards in the league and I think his size and athleticism has caused Talia a bit of grief over time.

Either way, ******* stoked to have this guy remain a Crow for the entire career.
I guess he will never know how to match up on one of the best forwards in the competition....except in interclub games ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have bemoaned over the years losing players, but let's not forget that Danger, Gunston, Tiprat and Davis are all ego-centric individuals who never valued the club. You only to have listen to Victorian blokes like Talia and Sloaney talk about our club and they are all about Walshy's team first mentality.

The biggest loss of the galoots who left us is Gunston. He's an absolute gun of a player. Tiprat is overrated and hasn't fulfilled his potential with the money Sydney is paying. Davis is injury prone and therefore not a great loss. Danger's absence in my view will benefit us because it means the whole midfield will have to lift collectively.

Geelong thinking they can buy a premiership with Danger is a joke. It didn't work for Carlton with Juddy and so far it has failed Sydney with Buddy.

If I had a choice of only retaining one player if it came down to Talia or Danger, it would be Talia any day of the week. He's a key position player and a fantastic team man. You build premierships around players such as Talia.

We fly as one!

Talia will own Dixon. :)

Usually when we play Gold Coast, Talia lines up on Tom Lynch. From memory last year, Dixon kicked one goal against Talia, the rest were against Cheney and other mismatched defenders after returning from the ruck. We are generally winning the game pretty comfortably anyway so he's never been a big concern for the coaches.

I made a bet with a geelong poster that Talia would sign with us. He said he knew the family and Daniel was leaving at the end of the year. We bet $500 to the clubs charity.
Looks like he owes the Crows $500.
Now I just have to find the posts lol
I had forgotten about that bet.

Was confident you would win.

Hartigan takes Dixon, Talia takes Schulz, Lever takes the Hof. ;)

We have bemoaned over the years losing players, but let's not forget that Danger, Gunston, Tiprat and Davis are all ego-centric individuals who never valued the club. You only to have listen to Victorian blokes like Talia and Sloaney talk about our club and they are all about Walshy's team first mentality.

The biggest loss of the galoots who left us is Gunston. He's an absolute gun of a player. Tiprat is overrated and hasn't fulfilled his potential with the money Sydney is paying. Davis is injury prone and therefore not a great loss. Danger's absence in my view will benefit us because it means the whole midfield will have to lift collectively.

Geelong thinking they can buy a premiership with Danger is a joke. It didn't work for Carlton with Juddy and so far it has failed Sydney with Buddy.

If I had a choice of only retaining one player if it came down to Talia or Danger, it would be Talia any day of the week. He's a key position player and a fantastic team man. You build premierships around players such as Talia.

We fly as one!

Tippett then Davis and Dangerfield have all hosted the crows podcast and left, I wonder if it's about ego or extra dollars.

Apologies for intrusion but Daniel Talia has a real chance of being the best player born in 1991.

Already a freak of a defender.

Everything about him is good.

He's also really good looking too.

My favourite Crow.

Tippett then Davis and Dangerfield have all hosted the crows podcast and left, I wonder if it's about ego or extra dollars.

It is a combination of both factors. Geelong during their dynasty of premierships had players take pay cuts because they wanted team success. Wines had bigger offers interstate, but still remained with the Tealsters.

Absolutely thrilled about this. One club player. will be 30 by the time his contract runs out.
"I love it here and im settled with my mrs" see its a good thing he came here a single man and met a nice Adelaide girl.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back