Solved Daniel Valerio - a tragic symbol of the system that is still failing our children

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, but dare suggest that the system should be geared away from giving equal money / support to these situations along with married stable two-parent families and you're labelled a throwback to the 1950's. :rolleyes: There's (unfortunately) plenty of abuse within all families, but it takes a particularly blinkered (Left) view to ignore that children's best chances occur when they are raised by their parents, where there parents are together and not in the lowest socio-economic groups. Abuse by step-dads/'de-facto' partners occurs at rates higher than the general male raising a kid population. And kids from single parent families show up disproportionately in juvenile (and then adult) crime.

Put a few noses out of joint and shift the encouragement to married working couples to have kids and away from single parent / multiple fathers and over time you'd reduce significantly the number of these cases. Very un-PC, but screw being PC. I'd rather see less of these cases down the track than the continuing willful 'all parents are equal' blindness that helps too many of these cases just keep reoccurring.

We have defiantly entered the zone of the philosophical political opinion here, discussing the merits of family structure and marriage incentives is not what the crime board was set up to discuss. If this is a topic of conversation you wish to pursue please take it to the SCP board.

I recall the Baby P(eter) case in the UK a few years back. Horrific stuff.

I remember this at the time but reading the details again just caused me so much anguish. The thought of what that kid went through. The realisation that he didn't know why he was being battered. The hopelessness of his situation. Man, I hope someone secretly and silently takes this *er out. I sit here with my 5 month old baby girl asleep beside me, and I think of the trust she has in me and what it would be like for someone to beat her like Daniel was beaten. There are no words. I don't want this guy to experience one positive emotion for the rest of his life. If he must live, I hope he lives in pain .. somehow, some way.

http://www.hellbeasts.com/?p=3047

It's this picture that gets to me.

daniel_valerio.jpg

The look of utter desolation and helplessness in the poor little buggers eyes. A short life resigned to being a punching bag for a lowlife skunk that should have been taken out of the gene pool.

And what is with this new wife, one husband dies in jail and she chases after another one, and she had a 6 year old daughter in tow when she starts courting him. Some serious inability to relate to those in society to go chasing after convicted murderers like they are some prized catch. Hope the now 12 year old girl doesn't step out of line, but then again, this coward probably wouldn't go after someone that is old enough to seek help for herself.

Am I the only one surprised that this guy actually lasted 18 years in jail in one piece?

locked up in protected custody. He didnt get thrown in with the rest of them

Such treatment of a child is something of which humans are capable, making it almost inevitable it will happen. My theory, for which I have no evidence whatsoever, is that its cause is the tendency to treat children as possessions of adults, and indeed, as things somehow less than fully-fledged humans. Beings who have never been wanted. Beings who are playthings of sadists who care so little for others, not just children, that it would have been better had these adults never been. Not sure it will ever cease though, no matter how much we are devastated and wringing our hands.

Such treatment of a child is something of which humans are capable, making it almost inevitable it will happen. My theory, for which I have no evidence whatsoever, is that its cause is the tendency to treat children as possessions of adults, and indeed, as things somehow less than fully-fledged humans. Beings who have never been wanted. Beings who are playthings of sadists who care so little for others, not just children, that it would have been better had these adults never been. Not sure it will ever cease though, no matter how much we are devastated and wringing our hands.

Indeed.

You could extend a similar kind of psychopathic behavior to devout soccer mums and people that enter children in baby shows.

Most people shouldn't be allowed to breed. They just aren't up to it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back