DOB 19-11-1998
Debut 2018 Round 1 Vs Sydney Swans
Games 21
Goals 11

Player Honours: AFL Premiership Player 2018
Draft History: 2016 AFL National Draft pick 13

Last edited:
West Coast Eagles draftee Daniel Venables to learn off his childhood idols

“I look forward to training with Luke Shuey and Sam Mitchell, as well as Matt Priddis,” Venables said.

“As an 18-year-old coming from Melbourne I couldn’t ask for anything more than to learn off three of the best midfielders in the competition.”

Venables described himself as an “explosive” midfielder with the capacity to kick goals in the mould of Shuey.

“That is why I am pretty happy staying with him,” Venables said.

“I am just going to pick his brain out.

“If I can be half the player he is I would be pretty happy.”

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/af...s/news-story/242abaa3a46d8d6ea967911140fe9282

Daniel Venables top of Western Jets’ class ahead of AFL National Draft

POWER-PACKED Daniel Venables headlines Western Jets’ AFL prospects in Friday’s National Draft.

Capable of playing in the midfield or up forward, the 18-year-old could be snapped up in the first round after starring for Vic Metro in this year’s AFL Under-18 National Championships.

Jets coach Torin Baker has likened Venables with West Coast midfielder Luke Shuey, but he does think the 186cm young gun has the ability to be damaging in the attacking half.

“I just think he plays at a super-high intensity,” Baker said.

“That allows him to be a good contested-ball winner, he puts on great pressure and he explodes away from stoppages and opponents.

“He has that rare burst of power that you don’t see in a lot of players and I think that’s what has most clubs excited about him.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...t/news-story/b023fd972816d0117695c97bb0d8f7db

Youth to stake selection claims

The Eagles first selection in the 2016 AFL Draft is slowly but surely working towards undertaking a full training load after suffering a foot injury during an interschool carnival last year.

“We’ve been pretty patient with him, he’s coming off a bit of a ‘stressy’ (stress fracture) from last year,” Simpson said.

“He was well and truly over it by the time we drafted him but we’re just building up the young fella, he’s going to be a powerful athlete, it’s exciting to see him even in rehab.

“We think he’ll probably play some minutes at the back end of pre-season, possibly through East Perth to start off with, but we see a bright future here.”

Source: http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2017-02-15/debutants-aplenty-for-jlt-1

Loving the Venn - much more than highschool maths for sure.

That moment around 55sec of the above, centres to the 50 then sprints inside 50 calling back for it. Clever, clever footballer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
Today Confirmed.

Eagles lock in talented mid with new deal

WEST Coast has confirmed the re-signing of top draftee Daniel Venables until the end of 2020.

AFL.com.au reported two weeks ago that Venables was close to extending his mandatory two-year draft contract, and the young Victorian has added another two years to his deal.

"I’m just stoked with the opportunity the club has given me; I’m really happy," Venables said.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-07-19/eagles-lock-down-talented-mid-with-new-deal

Very good chance, on the extended bench and has reportedly been told he'll make his debut.

He'll be the seventh player to wear the number 18 (following Ellis, Dazzle, Ebert, RoJo, Evans and MacNish), the fifth Daniel (Kerr, Chick, Metropolis, McConnell) and the third player from the Western Jets (Duggan and the great David Antonowicz).

Will probably be officially Eagle number 236 but that depends on whether Ainsworth plays.

#uselessfacts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back