Oppo Camp Daniel Wells signs with Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagining the proverbial dinner party with Wells, Corey and Bruce Doull. "No, you go first".

Over a period of 2-3 years I regularly used to go into Doull's quite busy newsagency in Lower Plenty, and I never once heard him say a single word to anyone; even when they asked him a question about some product, he'd always manage to convey an answer non-verbally.

Over a period of 2-3 years I regularly used to go into Doull's quite busy newsagency in Lower Plenty, and I never once heard him say a single word to anyone; even when they asked him a question about some product, he'd always manage to convey an answer non-verbally.

Perhaps you should have leant over the counter and ripped his headband off :)

Could be that we're unwilling to match other clubs' offers, particularly if it's true the Pies are offering 3 years.
I can see that side of it but to flatly rule it out as S.Wells did it seems more like we had no interest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could be. I heard it more as "Daniel won't be at Geelong next year (because he's already accepted the Pies' offer)," but as always it's just speculation.
Yep. I just found the confirmed interest in Deledio but denied in Wells a contrast, even though the message was we will get neither.

Wells is 32 and has been offered 3 years by collingwood on considerable money (which we don't have much room with) taking him to 35. How is this baffling to you? We usually retire players at 32.
I didn't say Collingwood's offer is baffling.

Boo hiss.

The targeting of Deledio but not Wells is completely baffling to me.
He was signed at the Pies and had no interest in Geelong hence the different direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back