Player Watch Daniel Wells, (New role at the Club #3261)

Remove this Banner Ad

Which footballers have put on weight at 32 though and come back to their best. He won't be anything like his best and fairest year at North. He's nearing the end and I don't expect much from him.

He hasnt put on that much. I'd suggest Deledio hasnt put on an ounce and might miss the whole year so maybe weight has very little to do with longevity!!!

Is that the game where he was going to be alst minute withdrawal due to injury , right up to the second where he wasnt a last minute withdrawal ?

As for overweight slow and unfit, that I will agree with TG. Difference is I know he can run into form and trim down and recover the speed lost due to fatness and nothing else.
Yes that was the game.

Don't know how anyone can say Wells is too slow for the modern game. As for overweight, he was slightly in the pre season but looks relatively fine now. Unfit is a given seeing he was injured.

Interesting to see the Pies board just as divided about Wells as the North board. I still cant work out if i want him to do well or not. Guess ill find out when i see him running around in a different jumper.

Interesting to see the Pies board just as divided about Wells as the North board. I still cant work out if i want him to do well or not. Guess ill find out when i see him running around in a different jumper.

I think 90% of us are happy to have him but understand the risks and believe they are worth taking. To my mind hes a direct replacement for Swan and I doubt anybody would have begrudged Swan if he wanted to play on for another year or two. I'm prepared to cut the same slack for Wells that I would have cut for Swanny

I think 90% of us are happy to have him but understand the risks and believe they are worth taking. To my mind hes a direct replacement for Swan and I doubt anybody would have begrudged Swan if he wanted to play on for another year or two.
I think it is very similar to Norths recruiting of Jarrad Waite. You might get 15 games a year out of him and in 5 of those he'll be BOG. If youre happy with that good stuff because thats what Wells will bring.

Loved watching him play at Norf. Have been reading all the posts. This guy is not slow. His reaction time with ball in hand makes him faster than most players. His ability to turn out of packs and not get caught is second to none. Plays inside and outside. Hope he stays fit and he rips the bombers a new one for you guys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hope this isn't taken the wrong way but seeing Wells & Varcoe chatting on the ground just makes us look more rounded & imposing - we need more hard edge skilful Aboriginal players in this team!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loved watching him play at Norf. Have been reading all the posts. This guy is not slow. His reaction time with ball in hand makes him faster than most players. His ability to turn out of packs and not get caught is second to none. Plays inside and outside. Hope he stays fit and he rips the bombers a new one for you guys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Oh right they're playing *Essendon. Tear it up Wellsy!!!

I think it is very similar to Norths recruiting of Jarrad Waite. You might get 15 games a year out of him and in 5 of those he'll be BOG. If youre happy with that good stuff because thats what Wells will bring.

Except Wells is not a nutter and Collingwoods list unlike Norths had room for an old bloke. I'd also suggests Wells bad games would be better than Waites bad games

Why wouldn't you want him to do well?

Except Wells is not a nutter and Collingwoods list unlike Norths had room for an old bloke. I'd also suggests Wells bad games would be better than Waites bad games
We won a couple of Finals because of recruiting Waite. We rolled the dice with a top up and got to a couple of prelims, not the ultimate prize but i'd still say it was a success. Like Wells to the Pies, Waite cost us nothing.

We won a couple of Finals because of recruiting Waite. We rolled the dice with a top up and got to a couple of prelims, not the ultimate prize but i'd still say it was a success. Like Wells to the Pies, Waite cost us nothing.

I'm not going to get into an argument about Norths disastrous list management mistakes. Yes Waite is a talent and I see the point you were making. But Dads Army couldnt afford more Dads, and hence why North with zero youth development are languishing at 0-5. My final point because we are off topic and I dont want to drag you into a fight when clearly you are welcome here and were not trolling.

Why wouldn't you want him to do well?
I'm happy to see Marley Williams doing well. Astonishing that hes one of their better players every week:D
Like i said im not sure. If Pendlebury or Sidebottom went to another club for more money would you want them to do well?

Williams wasn't wanted anymore so its a slight difference and yes he has been fantastic. FWIW i do hope Wells is best on today. I *ing hate Essendon.

The only players Collingwood fans dont want to see do well are Beams and Thomas. And in ancient history, Nick Davis. As the great philosopher Meatloaf used to say, two out of three aint bad.

Most of us wish all the best to all the rest.

I cant see what Wells did to upset North fans. Theres no reason for them to not wish him success
North wanted him and offered a decent contract, Collingwood offered him an extra year and i think better coin. While i cant blame him for taking the extra year when even he would know his body will probably fail. He was our highest payed player for years and was very well paid during his long injury layoffs. I and alot at the club thought he should of put a bit more thought in what we have paid him over the years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back