Player Watch Daniel Wells, (New role at the Club #3261)

Remove this Banner Ad

If we lose against Melbourne I can just see all the "should have played Wells" posts.

I think most people know that coming off such a long lay off and with his injury history rushing him into the AFL team is fraught with risk and not worth it. Better let him get some match conditioning through VFl and then reassess.

I think most people know that coming off such a long lay off and with his injury history rushing him into the AFL team is fraught with risk and not worth it. Better let him get some match conditioning through VFl and then reassess.
I believe he manages his own intensity quite well. Maybe he gets injured playing AFL or VFL regardless. Still reckon worth the risk as we are not a lock in for finals yet. Just a thought.

Agree mate. Chuck Aishy (Plays such an underrated and important role similar to Greenwood) & Sier in there too and we could cause abit of trouble :)
For some reason keep remembering Bob Murphy saying the dogs got on a roll as they just got players back at the right time. Anything's possible, but everything would have to fall in to place and yes Aish would be nice also

Play Wellsy in VFL this week - 4 qtrs big run at it
No VFL next week - might not want to fly to Adelaide either
Do a Fine Cotton - substitute him some league somewhere for game time next week
Back against Ess final round.... away we go :)

Broomhead would make all the difference, he's the ace in the pack ;)

You're a man after my own heart.... :)

I have no idea why I've suddenly got attached to Broomhead. Must be because of the difficulties he's faced. I love an underdog!

Also, it's the fact that he's an absolute genius! The most talented on our list and could easily win a brownlow. I'm surprised he hasn't yet. #irony

Let me know when I surpass TD's adoration of Aish....

That's about as high as influence one player could have. When you say a player makes us x goals better it doesn't mean they could contribute in x amount of goals. That assumes the player he replaces offers exactly nothing. The wind can make you a 2-3 goal better side, and forwards shouldn't be rated as bigger ins just because they kick the goals doesn't make them more important. Backmen can make you x goals better.
Gillon made us a 3 goal worse side thanks to his idiot 6-6-6, then pinched another goal or two not allowing coaches to coach by banning runners during play.
I would like nothing more than to make him a 50 year less long lived the gormless fw.
Carve "AFLX was s**t" on his headstone

Gillon made us a 3 goal worse side thanks to his idiot 6-6-6, then pinched another goal or two not allowing coaches to coach by banning runners during play.
I would like nothing more than to make him a 50 year less long lived the gormless fw.
Carve "AFLX was s**t" on his headstone

Steve Hocking is worse I reckon, biggest no hoper. All of his ideas are idiotic.

Steve Hocking is worse I reckon, biggest no hoper. All of his ideas are idiotic.
Put him in the same hole.
The buck stops at Gillon, though.

A fish may well rot from the head but AFL is rotting from the a-hole.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're a man after my own heart.... :)

I have no idea why I've suddenly got attached to Broomhead. Must be because of the difficulties he's faced. I love an underdog!

Also, it's the fact that he's an absolute genius! The most talented on our list and could easily win a brownlow. I'm surprised he hasn't yet. #irony

Let me know when I surpass TD's adoration of Aish....
All good mate, just mucking around, I think he will get his chance this week or it might be see ya later for him. The only thing is that he needs to play midfield but he won't get that opportunity in the seniors, they will play him forward and starve him of opportunity, it happens a lot with our players, recruit them as midfielders then kill them in the small forward role

Often when Cox is chopped, blocked, mostered and the umps ignore it I wonder how the AFL would do without Collingwood, Essendon, Carlton, Richmond etc.

The Melbourne clubs have been bankrolling the AFL's expansionist policies for a long time now with zero reward.

People forget - or are ignorant of - the VFL/AFL originally being an ADMINISTRATIVE body, not the current fools destroying the game from the inside out.

Crikey guys. Look at the thread title & then look at your discussion. Was looking for Wells training news & ran into - Well I've got no idea what i ran into here.

edit - thanks mods :)

Crikey guys. Look at the thread title & then look at your discussion. Was looking for Wells training news & ran into - Well I've got no idea what i ran into here.
Missed it by that much ;)

What’s being overlooked is his effort to get back. Has managed to get himself right early which is a testament to his commitment to the rehab process.
So who are you, and what have you done with adz, never mind what you done with him leave him there

Last edited:
All good mate, just mucking around, I think he will get his chance this week or it might be see ya later for him. The only thing is that he needs to play midfield but he won't get that opportunity in the seniors, they will play him forward and starve him of opportunity, it happens a lot with our players, recruit them as midfielders then kill them in the small forward role

Yeah, I’m partly being tongue in cheek too. I like Broomhead, but at the same time, I think his time is probably up if he doesn’t get selected in the next week or two. I’m partly taking the piss of those who bag players relentlessly as well as those who rave about players (Sier is a good example) even when they haven’t been performing.

Just name the bloke and let him play ffs, honestly what do we really have to lose? If he does happen to get injured then its not exactly going to throw some massive spanner in the works is it or leave some great huge gaping unfillable hole in the team, i can count on less than two hands the number of games the bloke has actually played the whole time hes been on our list and by all accounts he's not going to be on it next season. Let the bloke go out with a bang

(not too much of a bang though, we dont want the list managers to get any ideas and decide to recontract him again!)

To clarify some want a guy picked immediately in the seniors having played a half of senior footy since QB 2018, whose struggled with his fitness for his entire 3 year tenure at the club following a 12 week injury 🤯

He was able to impact that match v Sydney the way he did because he’d spent the previous 6 weeks getting match fit. We won’t see impact like that from him again because he’s run out of time to be that ready, but he can still have an impact under the correct circumstances.

Unless he absolutely smashes his GPS numbers this weekend the earliest we’ll see him at senior level is Rd 23.

To clarify some want a guy picked immediately in the seniors whose played a half of senior footy since QB 2018, struggled with his fitness for his entire 3 year tenure at the club following a 12 week injury 🤯

He was able to impact that match v Sydney the way he did because he’d spent the previous 6 weeks getting match fit. We won’t see impact like that from him again because he’s run out of time to be that ready, but he can still have an impact under the correct circumstances.

Unless he absolutely smashes his GPS numbers this weekend the earliest we’ll see him at senior level is Rd 23.

Common sense is becoming a rare commodity

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back