Player Watch Daniel Wells, (New role at the Club #3261)

Remove this Banner Ad

Wells’ games were a higher level overall than Brereton’s games. Dermie certainly was wonderful for Sav Rocca but Wells when he played for us gave some sublime moments.

IN 20 years people will judge the Wells recruitment in similar light to the Barry Mitchell trade...

I personally am going to miss watching Wells. Only player currently on our list that is more talented than Wells, is our captain.

I understand talent is not everything.

I personally am going to miss watching Wells. Only player currently on our list that is more talented than Wells, is our captain.

I understand talent is not everything.

I Pendles really more naturally talented than blokes like Jordy, Moore and Elliott. He has good moves possibly helped by basketball, but someone like Moore is athletically gifted and Jordy is naturally explosive.

I Pendles really more naturally talented than blokes like Jordy, Moore and Elliott. He has good moves possibly helped by basketball, but someone like Moore is athletically gifted and Jordy is naturally explosive.
You answered your own questions.

Fantastic read.

Daniel Wells is one of the best people to ever walk into our club.

Didn’t work out for us but when you’re as elite as he was, that’s who you take the risks with.

Elite silk; if you just love the game, love the estette of the game, the beauty this guy had it in spades.

And a good guy.

Wonderful ambassador for his people, for all of us.

Fantastic read.

Daniel Wells is one of the best people to ever walk into our club.

Didn’t work out for us but when you’re as elite as he was, that’s who you take the risks with.

Elite silk; if you just love the game, love the estette of the game, the beauty this guy had it in spades.

And a good guy.

Wonderful ambassador for his people, for all of us.

Wish he played such a Small Amount for us. He could been the Difference in the 2018 GF and 2019 PF

Thank god he has retired. People were delusional to think he was going to make any meaningful contribution post mid year when he was injured again. Was real class in his day but that was will before he landed at the Pies. Such a waste of resources by the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The article on Wells talks about his mentoring. For the life of me I cant understand why Kirby was the only indigenous youngster that we recruited during the period we have had Wells and Varcoe.

He WOULD have been the difference.
a star when he’s on the ground. Most skilful player on our list.

He would found Players in our Forward Line instead of Just Bombing the Ball

Thank god he has retired. People were delusional to think he was going to make any meaningful contribution post mid year when he was injured again. Was real class in his day but that was will before he landed at the Pies. Such a waste of resources by the club.

2017 he played 10 games. We won 7, lost 2 and drew 1. Collingwood won 9 games for the season.

2018 he played 3 games for 3 wins.

2019 he played 2 quarters and kicked 3 goals and we won.

Daniel Wells at the Collingwood Football Club played 14 games for 11 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses.

He was all class and had a major impact when he played. The only issue was his injuries prevented him from doing so.

2017 he played 10 games. We won 7, lost 2 and drew 1. Collingwood won 9 games for the season.

2018 he played 3 games for 3 wins.

2019 he played 2 quarters and kicked 3 goals and we won.

Daniel Wells at the Collingwood Football Club played 14 games for 11 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses.

He was all class and had a major impact when he played. The only issue was his injuries prevented him from doing so.

Nice stats. The only ones that matter is 14 games in 3 years, and not one final. He was a complete waist of resources. It was always likely given his age and injury history.

And a big hi from Bo Nixon, Chad Morrison and distant waves from Dale Baynes and Danny Roach..

Harsh on Roach. Was looking promising till he succumbed to his back injury.

I personally believe Wells is more talented than all those players.

However you know what they say about opinions...
No he isn't and, with the possible exception of Elliot, they will have better careers than Wells. Sidebottom already has.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back