Dank appeal postponed to December 1

Remove this Banner Ad

The book, or play, has been written. Twice. For the true believers deceived, Much Ado About Nothing. For the rabid retrobates, A Comedy of Errors.
Notably, both comedies.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/st...d/news-story/daf5bd0bf12a30053558730dab50170b

But can he? All other avenues are done and dusted since he failed to follow due process here, aren't they???

Not sure where "sideways" is, what court would consider hearing this and how would he fund an action/appeal?

"...
More than 20 charges - including all those relating to the alleged administering of banned drugs to AFL players - were dismissed.

His AFL-issued life ban automatically precludes him from working in any other sport that is a signatory to the World Anti-Doping Agency code.

With Dank’s lifetime ban remaining in place, McDevitt said ASADA had withdrawn its cross-appeal.
..."​

As it is sports related, he has exhausted/ wasted the appeal process that was immediately available here.

I guess he could go to CAS as that is the final appeal path for sports that are a signatory to the World Anti-Doping Agency code, perhaps for a document review initially, but I can't see much of a likelihood that he would do this based on the risk of costs. Expect that CAS would likely decline a full appeal?

If he did try that on though, I would then expect (hope!) that WADA would come back to appeal the 20 counts that were dismissed by the AFL, as CAS have already upheld the findings that the players doped/were doped.

I would still like to see WADA do this to close out the management responsibility side/source of the saga, although they have more pressing priorities at the moment.

As it would be de novo, I'd be interested to see if they went beyond just Dank, to others that were involved/negligent (some of whom have been job-placed, pensioned off or payed off).

I think this would be the best form of justice for the players. They didn't seek to dope, but they were negligent in their responsibilities and that allowed a situation where they were doped - some accountability for those that setup, encouraged (both directly or indirectly) and then ran the doping program.

Shocked to be sitting here.

Dank says he will still fight out an appeal in court.

Good luck to him finding a court that believes it has jurisdiction and willing to hear the case.

Think he be hard pressed to show he was denied procedural fairness which probably be the basis of any court action to get them to hear the appeal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back