Dank gets "show cause" letter from ASADA

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah but now he said he never met them.

Hmmm maybe he stood by waiting after a BM and collected the contents that would explain never meeting them but getting his info from the bowels.
Best theory yet I reckon :)

Mick Molloy has cast Dank in Crackerjack2 the story of a bowls club located at Windy Hill that will do whatever it takes.
who do you think would be the rogue drug growing greenskeeper??????
and the peptide cheat with the extendo arm???

Last edited:
Especially in Hird's case.
Looks like it's a case of if Hird goes down, he's taking as many people with him as he can. Even 'mates' and people that have tried to help him. Possibly also the Essendon football club if Julian Burnside is to be believed. After costing them north of $10 million so far, I wouldn't put it beyond the Essendon hero to take them to court for millions more.

Yeah I reckon that's what prompted Kelty to get involved now, he is sick of the Hirdashians trying to drag David Evans down with them.

“I have a very special relationship with David Evans. David Evans is like a son to me,” Kelty said.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-tania-hird-20140321-hvl2k.html#ixzz2wf3gkZ33

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/bill-kelty-warns-james-and-tania-hird-20140321-hvl2k.html

Dank's statements yesterday that he really does have documentation and he will deal with the matter through a Federal court add wait to my view that ASADA is finding it difficult to proceed due to the possibility of criminal charges being made which make obtaining co-operation impossible because of the issue of prejudice.
No one possibly facing criminal charges will or even should co-operate with any organisation other than the legal authority which is going to make those criminal charges. This completely explains Dank's refusal to co-operate with ASADA. It does not at all mean that he has no defence and no documents for his defence. I refuse to believe the reports that he has signed a statutory declaration to the effect that he has no documents. ASADA may well have asked him for such a declaration but if they received anything at all I suspect it was a statement along the lines of a refusal. I'm not even sure he would even have to offer a reason for a refusal but he would be fully entitled to refuse on the basis of possible prejudice if he believes he may face criminal charges around a related issue. He may not give a stuff for any action that could result from ASADA.
It may be that Downes has advised ASADA to accept and sidestep Dank's lack of co-operation by going through the processes and then proceeding, as best they can, with the matters without his co-operation, hence the request for the stat dec and the issue of the show cause.
If Dank is being pressed by the ACC or a Federal or State police force he has every right to refuse to provide details of his possible defence to anyone other than the legal adjudicators of his acts.

Dank's statements yesterday that he really does have documentation and he will deal with the matter through a Federal court add wait to my view that ASADA is finding it difficult to proceed due to the possibility of criminal charges being made which make obtaining co-operation impossible because of the issue of prejudice.
No one possibly facing criminal charges will or even should co-operate with any organisation other than the legal authority which is going to make those criminal charges. This completely explains Dank's refusal to co-operate with ASADA. It does not at all mean that he has no defence and no documents for his defence. I refuse to believe the reports that he has signed a statutory declaration to the effect that he has no documents. ASADA may well have asked him for such a declaration but if they received anything at all I suspect it was a statement along the lines of a refusal. I'm not even sure he would even have to offer a reason for a refusal but he would be fully entitled to refuse on the basis of possible prejudice if he believes he may face criminal charges around a related issue. He may not give a stuff for any action that could result from ASADA.
It may be that Downes has advised ASADA to accept and sidestep Dank's lack of co-operation by going through the processes and then proceeding, as best they can, with the matters without his co-operation, hence the request for the stat dec and the issue of the show cause.
If Dank is being pressed by the ACC or a Federal or State police force he has every right to refuse to provide details of his possible defence to anyone other than the legal adjudicators of his acts.

The problem with your theory is that you (and many others) think he gave a stat dec to ASADA. He was subpoaened to supply said documents as evidence between the parties suing Cronulla not ASADA, and the stat dec was given in answer to that. So he has given a stat dec to an actual court not to asada.

What might those Criminal charges be? and wouldn't they be heard in a Victorian Court?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem with your theory is that you (and many others) think he gave a stat dec to ASADA. He was subpoaened to supply said documents as evidence between the parties suing Cronulla not ASADA, and the stat dec was given in answer to that. So he has given a stat dec to an actual court not to asada.
I have a memory that it was alleged somewhere on this board that ASADA had asked him to present a stat dec to confirm his claim that he had no documents. If that is false (I have no idea whether it is or not) it doesn't clash with my "theory".
The stat dec to a court re the Cronulla parties would be with respect to certain documents which he could well deny he has. That doesn't mean he is saying he has no documents re AOD (as some here have decided) or details about what substances were given to Essendon players. If he has reason to fear criminal prosecutions it makes sense for him to withhold those documents on prejudice grounds until he is required to defend himself in a criminal court.

Your memory is correct, he told ASADA he didn't have any documentation to present. ASADA asked for a stat dec and it was provided.

He can only argue process, I don't think ASADA would be too worried about that at all.

"A summons was filed against Dank in the District Court on December 23, while on January 23 judicial registrar James Howard gave Dank 14 days to cooperate and hand over relevant documents or risk being charged with contempt.

Dank provided a statutory declaration saying he had nothing to produce, however Gordon and Cordoba's lawyer, James Chrara, described his response as unsatisfactory. ''We're not satisfied with what has been produced to the court by Stephen Dank,'' said Chrara, the NSW general manager of Shine Lawyers"

Certainly a stat dec in Cronulla matter saying he had no documents.

And again re ASADA summons:

"We were served a summons for Dank to appear and produce documents shortly before Christmas in 2013," Stanton said.

"He produced no documents because he had none and declared that by the way of a statutory declaration.''

The only reason I can think off is that he knows these documents exist but cannot access them. Perhaps the ACC has the documents and Dank has no copies as they are yet to charge him.

As for validating AOD9604 he cannot only WADA can.

The only reason I can think off is that he knows these documents exist but cannot access them. Perhaps the ACC has the documents and Dank has no copies as they are yet to charge him.

How about the much simpler reason that he's telling lies?

Compared to potential s**t this guy's in, a false stat dec is about as dangerous as an ingrown toenail.

Gary Wittert @ProfDocHealth · 22m ago
So Dank quoted as saying "we have the documentation we deem necessary to validate AOD" wow! Sure would like to see that! Bated breath

Yep, it's up to you Stephen

Isn't Dank also going to defend against Infraction notices by arguing that TB4 and other shouldn't be on the banned list? He seems to think he's the authority to determine which drugs are legal or not. This man seems to think that he knows better than anyone else when it's clear that he's out of his depth and it's going to cost him dearly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back