Dank had input into Geelong!

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you trying to say Geelong's premiership side of 2007 was older and the players had averaged more games than Hawthorn's 2008 premiership side?

You might be on to something. The Hawks played like men possessed in the second half of 2008. Very suspicious. Like they were on something. Much like ADELAIDE of 97,98. Coach Malcolm Blight. He is at the GCS now. There was a peds scandal there, too. Nathan Bock, former ADELAIDE player. I think we have cracked this case wide open.

I'll play.
As someone who was there, the hawks couldn't out muscle the bigger cats but we could run them off their feet from start to finish, check the stats for running bounces, it's something like 36 to 6, come the last quarter the cats players were running in sand, they simply couldn't chase the smaller bodied, quicker hawks. Except for Dew and Hodge who were the wild card fat slow blokes, who confused the easily distracted catters on the day.

I'll play.
As someone who was there, the hawks couldn't out muscle the bigger cats but we could run them off their feet from start to finish, check the stats for running bounces, it's something like 36 to 6, come the last quarter the cats players were running in sand, they simply couldn't chase the smaller bodied, quicker hawks. Except for Dew and Hodge who were the wild card fat slow blokes, who confused the easily distracted catters on the day.

Very clever, the Hawks were on the EPO, blood transfusions and testosterone for endurance instead. Tactical.

I'll play.
So, some sort of running stimulant?

Very clever, the Hawks were on the EPO, blood transfusions and testosterone for endurance instead. Tactical.
Yep I can reveal Croad's injury was a massive ruse...he popped down to the queen st bridge halfway through q2, scored some '5 minutes of magic' stuff (half of which was given to stuart dew) and the rest is history. The side effects of said gear were quoting stupid movie lines (which lets crawford off the hook a little bit) and a 12 month hangover (season 2009).
Myth busted -consider yourselves enlightened

dim sims aren't on the prohibited list
I believe he was in Mexico when he got he call from Clarkson, so it was possibly the fajitas and tacos that did all the damage.

Pesky Mexicans.

Geelong will be made to answer the incredible muscle mass gain from 07 to 11! The big reason as to why the cats couldn't believe the Hawks beat them was because with what they were on was supposed to make them unbeatable! So, the weapon AND Dank worked at the cats hey? No wonder Bomber, Ling and that sooky joke of a footballer Mooney go up in arms when Hun keep poking and baiting once a year, why don't they come up with documents and facts?? Big big conspiracy and the AFL know it

Geelong will be made to answer the incredible muscle mass gain from 07 to 11! The big reason as to why the cats couldn't believe the Hawks beat them was because with what they were on was supposed to make them unbeatable! So, the weapon AND Dank worked at the cats hey? No wonder Bomber, Ling and that sooky joke of a footballer Mooney go up in arms when Hun keep poking and baiting once a year, why don't they come up with documents and facts?? Big big conspiracy and the AFL know it

Yeah, you've clearly got a grasp on the facts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL Hawkers.
Given everything I have seen of these 2 teams in the last decade, I am 'comfortably satisfied' that the Hawks would be up to no good way before Geelong would be! ;) Carry on.

You go girlfriend!

Did they look at Danks and Robinson's texts emails from their time at geelong? Or just geelongs texts and emails?

Please understand I am not saying Geelong did or didn't dope. Unfortunately for them they now have question marks over their period of success while Robinson, and by extension, Dank, were there. If Robinson hadn't paid tribute to Dank specifically for their success, there'd be very few question marks or certainly, far less. Robinson had a different role at Geelong, and it appears administratively they were far superior to Essendon. The cynics are also questioning Hawthorns reign as they are Brisbane's before it and even Adelaide's before that and Robinson/Dank weren't even involved there.

Dank wasn't employed by Geelong. Robinson asked for him to meet Hocking, where he was turned down.

So unless Robinson began injecting players, nothing to see here

Dank wasn't employed by Geelong.
This is Bigfooty so that is by the unwashed masses deemed irrelevant.

So is being cleared of wrongdoing by all and sundry and being audited by Deloitte only to find no wrong doing...

Documents of what? They didn't have any injection program going

This is Bigfooty so that is by the unwashed masses deemed irrelevant.

So is being cleared of wrongdoing by all and sundry and being audited by Deloitte only to find no wrong doing...

Not to mention the ACCC being interested in one club only and it wasn't Geelong.

Seems many Essendon and seemingly Hawthorn supporters are desperate to believe they were on the juice.

If they were there is no evidence that has come out as yet even remotely pointing to it.

Not to mention the ACCC being interested in one club only and it wasn't Geelong.

Seems many Essendon and seemingly Hawthorn supporters are desperate to believe they were on the juice.

If they were there is no evidence that has come out as yet even remotely pointing to it.

That would be the ACC, Australian crime commission. ACCC only if they wanted to return those footy boots that weren't of merchantable standards.

But yes, no texts, no emails to any Geelong player, or Robinson whilst at Geelong.

Ones and zeros don't lie.

Just on this "biological advancement", by 2011 the Hawks were developing a list which had been together for over 5 years, a number of 100+ game players with several seasons of AFL under their belt. Collingwood were in a similar stage. Essendon were a list of skinny kids, in the embryonic stages of their careers. Silly Hird compared the individual lists and came up with the logical (to him) conclusion that they must be doing something illegal. Hird wanted a list as developed as Hawthorn and Collingwood, and he wanted it now. He wasn't prepared to put in the time and effort, he went the way of the quick fix.

The only thing that bemused me at the time was there was another club who were even more physically advanced than either of the Hawks and Pies and was Geelong, and they didn't get a mention. I just wondered why.

By 2007, 17 of the Geelong premiership side had been in the system for between 13 and 6 years. By 2011, 18 of Geelong's premiership side and been in the system for between 14 and 5 years. By 2011 Geelong still had 7 players recruited in the 90s in their side and Milburn and Mooney who didn't get a game.

Because Hawthorn had such good 2001 and 2004 drafts and Geelong 1999 and 2001 drafts, I've always reckoned Hawthorn were roughly 2 years behind Geelong in developmental terms.

Using that, the 2013 Hawthorn side only had 1 player in it that was recruited in the 90s and that was Guerra. Interestingly, the 2008 flag side only had 4 players in it that were recruited in the 90s including Stewie Dew who was brought out of retirement.

I'd say that's your answer there, they'd been in the system longer than the Hawks and Pies players had.

The comment 'boys against men' was something that was used in the early 2000s whenever Geelong used to come up against the Brisbane side of the times.

Geelong's premiership players recruitment years.

Steven King - 1994 (2007)

Darren Milburn - 1995 (2007. 2009)

Tom Harley - 1996 (2007. 2009)
Cameron Mooney - 1996 (2007. 2009)

Matthew Scarlett - 1997 (2007,2009, 2011)
Brad Ottens - 1997 (2007,2009, 2011)

David Wojcinski - 1998 (2007,2009, 2011)

Joel Corey - 1999 (2007,2009, 2011)
Corey Enright - 1999 (2007,2009, 2011)
Paul Chapman - 1999 (2007,2009, 2011)
Cameron Ling - 1999 (2007,2009, 2011)

Max Rooke - 2000 (2007. 2009)
Josh Hunt - 2000 (2007, 2011)

Gary Ablett - 2001 (2007. 2009)
Jimmy Bartel - 2001 (2007,2009, 2011)
Steve Johnson - 2001 (2007,2009, 2011)
James Kelly - 2001 (2007,2009, 2011)

Tom Lonergan - 2002 (2011)
Andrew Mackie - 2002 (2007,2009, 2011)
Shannon Byres - 2002 (2007,2009)

Mark Blake - 2003 (2009)

Nathan Ablett - 2004 (2007)

Travis Varcoe - 2005 (2007,2009, 2011)
Trent West - 2005 (2011)
Matthew Stokes - 2005 (2007,2009, 2011)

Joel Selwood - 2006 (2007,2009, 2011)
Tom Hawkins - 2006 (2009, 2011)

Harry Taylor - 2007 (2009, 2011)

Allen Christensen - 2009 (2011)
Mitch Duncan - 2009 (2011)

James Podsiadly - 2010 (2011)

I agree with you on the point of Hird looking for a quick fix.

Cats and Hawks have shown that there's no replacement for good (lucky) recruitment, good development and continuity of players playing together to a plan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back