DANK - keeping records was not my job (at the Sharks)

Remove this Banner Ad

I hear that the records are destroyed. Did they sit down with Dank, Robinson, Charters, and any other person involved and try to nut out what was taken.
I mean memories are not good at EFC but still better than nothing if you are sincere in trying to discover what was injected.
A few shots of Cerebrolysin should help!

But the club cannot create records that were never taken.

Bill Kelty impromptu visit.

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Agree with Dank's POV here. The club keeps the records and they are part of the IP of the club. He wouldn't keep his own records so his stat dec is legit IMO. The club shredded the records.
You don't run trials and not keep extensive records. How else can you sell your services to other sporting clubs without evidence of your master program?

But the club would own those records as part of a standard employment agreement.

is it a standard employment agreement? He's also a supplier, it looks like his relationship with them is more like a contractor/consultant. If that is the case, typically he would own the ip and it would be available to the club under a free licence.

You don't run trials and not keep extensive records. How else can you sell your services to other sporting clubs without evidence of your master program?
Dank would be able to show off and say he implemented a program, he just may not go into discussion on exactly was given, doses, duration etc

Dank could get sued for taking another companies IP. His only a sub contractor, not a shareholder or anything. It's Essendons property, not his

is it a standard employment agreement? He's also a supplier, it looks like his relationship with them is more like a contractor/consultant. If that is the case, typically he would own the ip and it would be available to the club under a free licence.

It is in the clubs interest to keep the records, not Dank. So when they get a random call from AFL house they can lay their hands on those records and ensure the needful is done....

Surely under oath Danksy could tell the court exactly where he sourced his totes legal amino acid blends, how they were paid for and who paid for them? Wouldn't that give the club and the players a footing from which to investigate the true supply chain and clear their names?

I don't understand why this course isn't taken, other than certain parties don't want that information in the public sphere.
Doubt he would tell truth in court. Hence torture option.

Dank would be able to show off and say he implemented a program, he just may not go into discussion on exactly was given, doses, duration etc

Dank could get sued for taking another companies IP. His only a sub contractor, not a shareholder or anything. It's Essendons property, not his
First rule of science - at any level - keep records. You don't know if combinations (of drugs) work unless you keep a track of who gets what, how much, for how long and when. It may well be Essendon's IP, but there's no way he'd walk away without a copy.

First rule of science - at any level - keep records. You don't know if combinations (of drugs) work unless you keep a track of who gets what, how much, for how long and when. It may well be Essendon's IP, but there's no way he'd walk away without a copy.
Agreed. Which I reckon why Essendon destroyed them (thats another argument).

Dank left them at Essendon because can you imagine the trouble he would get into if he was found to be "stealing" health records of the players? That's up to Essendon to track etc, and keep record of it. Ultimately it's their property in the first place, so it's up to them to make sure documentation was being recorded etc.

All Dank needs to provide is an invoice (which he did otherwise he wouldn't get paid), thats the only record. Only way to find out what Dank sold them is taking MRC to court, however Essendon paid the invoice, so they must of accepted what was on the invoice and may not be able to get MRC records.

Tough t***ies

I think it's been established that there was no formal agreement on employment with Dank. I think it was visible from Hal's request?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dank's lawsuit against the Daily Telegraph has revealed Dank's very interesting attitude towards recording what he gives athletes:

Is it really any wonder that Essendon also have limited records of Dank's program? Maybe the club didnt destroy records after all, they were just never documented in the first place.

Even if true that Dank was a rogue anti-filer, you don't think that it was Essendon's responsibility to supervise Dank? And identify that he had poor record keeping and performance-manage him?

Should only ever be one set of medical records , kept in the care and responsibility of a Doctor.
Not a set for real drugs and another for the good stuff.

If Dank said it was Wallis job, Dank must have sent emails of what was injected to Wallis, or were they hand written notes now disposed of.
All EFC responsibility to manage.

So you think Reid asked Wallis to keep records
no, its my guess the club found Dank wasnt keeping records so they asked Wallis to do it
Should only ever be one set of medical records , kept in the care and responsibility of a Doctor.
Not a set for real drugs and another for the good stuff.

If Dank said it was Wallis job, Dank must have sent emails of what was injected to Wallis, or were they hand written notes now disposed of.
All EFC responsibility to manage.
see above. The club only asked Wallis to begin keeping records in May, which means for 6 months they only had whatever Dank was recording, which was inadequate

Dank's lawsuit against the Daily Telegraph has revealed Dank's very interesting attitude towards recording what he gives athletes:

Is it really any wonder that Essendon also have limited records of Dank's program? Maybe the club didnt destroy records after all, they were just never documented in the first place.
Which would not compound the sporting breach, but morally is the worst possibility of all. A regime that is admitted to have been experimental, and records kept of an experiment conducted on humans.
Not only is it unbelievable from either a club who claims the players are their best assets, or who would want to know the results simply from the point of view of being able to refine the program, but from someone who labels themselves a "sports scientist" to ignore scientific process to such an extent.

It simply is not believable that no records were kept. But if true, would be the worst aspect of the whole saga. Conducting experiments on people and not even recording the results would take things way beyond any breaches of sporting codes, to the absolute dregs of humanity. Such a thing should be criminal, regardless of consent forms (but in this case probably isn't).

I would've thought that anybody administering injections is required to keep adequate records. Doctors, nurses, vets. Even a Type 1 Diabetic would do so. Only ones who seem not to are unfortunate illicit drug dependants...and Dank. I can't understand why Wallis would've been asked to keep records of injections when Dank had been discovered to be not doing so. Surely you'd go to your appointed senior medical officer and say, "Any injections are the Doctor's domain." Surely, that's logical to most of us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back