Danny Frawley: "Essendon Drugs Saga Made Me Sick"

Catoggio76

All Australian
Sep 21, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Deserves its own thread here, as again, the Big Footy Community has swallowed the AFL's and the Commercial Media's bulldust, and missed the REAL message being sent out by this article.

Danny Frawley got sick and stressed BECAUSE of the Essendon Drugs Saga, this was the time Danny was working at the AFL Coaches Association, which is where James Brawshaw's brother Mark, now works. Read here for Dannys's comments:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/da...n/news-story/b22c860a7a6ec4fdad9e83c612b68ff4

DF: Yeah, that’s him. My role on air at Triple M and Fox was to throw people under the bus, and throw myself under the bus whenever required. But while I was doing that in the media, the Essendon supplement scenario was playing out. No one was prepared for it, no one could have been. I wasn’t ready for it. I was put in charge of the coaches’ association as more of a marketing-type person, and was trying to deal with a crisis that I wasn’t equipped to deal with.

HM: You really struggled to manage the coaches that were involved in the Essendon saga?

DF: Absolutely I did. The thing came out of nowhere and it put everyone on notice, no one more than me. I was dealing behind the scenes with a lot of the Essendon coaches, who were really struggling, and anxious as to how it would all play out. I got a lot of information that was confidential, and yet on the weekend I had to take one hat off, and put another one on for the media. I was really battling with it all. I started losing some sleep, and the more tired I became, the more I had to work. I started running a lot, trying to keep fit and hoping I would sleep, but I couldn’t, so I started drinking a lot, and then I started doing weight sessions, and in the space of three weeks without sleep, something had to give. I was waiting to get the cold, or the flu, or to become run down, but I just kept going. As my father used to say, “Work through it. You’ll be right, son”. So I tried to, and it all came to a head as a nervous breakdown.

Please learn to treat the AFL as a PR machine, and not a footy body (who run a 'competition'), and their motives become clear. Their KPIs are as follows:

1. Money from TV income
2. Their own PR/Image
3. Satisfying Gambling Interests
7. The running of Australian Rules Football in Australia

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
We will never know what really happened.

I honestly think if it had gone to Court you still wouldn't get the full picture. Too many gaps, unexplained events and breakdown in the chain.

Shocking thing is I don't think those in charge, coaches and players at Essendon even know 100% for sure what happened.

Catoggio76

All Australian
Sep 21, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Plot thickens on Danny's knowledge of the Essendon case. Look at this from May 2013

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/bomber-five-admit-dank-drugs-link-20130510-2jdqc.html

MAY 11 2013
Bomber five admit Dank drugs link
Caroline Wilson

AFL Coaches Association chief Danny Frawley said he had no knowledge of the allegations nor the admissions made by the staffers to the AFL and ASADA investigators. "I'm not privy to that and nor should I be," said Frawley. "When this is all over, I expect I'll know more."

Frawley said Pollard had temporarily stepped off the board of the coaches' association because he was representing most Bombers coaches, conditioning and other football staff, although not Hird or his senior assistant Mark Thompson.

Catoggio76

All Australian
Sep 21, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Danny quit the AFL Coaches Association in May 2014. Interesting press release on a "review" of the AFLCA, at a time when Essendon case was still hot.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-05-14/frawley-quits-coaches-association

Frawley quits coaches association
Ashley Browne May 14, 2014 11:24 AM

THE WINDS of change are sweeping through the AFL Coaches Association following the resignation of chief executive Danny Frawley on Wednesday.

The former St Kilda captain and Richmond coach stepped down from his position amid a review of the association's operations and where it fits in the AFL landscape.

"I am proud of the many achievements of the AFL Coaches Association under my leadership and in particular the establishment of the many programs designed to assist with the professional development of coaches," Frawley said in a statement.

"Whilst a review of the role of the Association is underway, it is likely that the demands of the CEO role will broaden and that expectations of the role will grow, and I don’t feel that I will be in a position to dedicate more time to the role given my other commitments, and in particular my media responsibilities."

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Its not a role I assumed was even needed let along being full time, but I guess its not really about the senior coaches earning huge amounts of money, but the assistants who are often on far smaller amount. And who dont have the same profile. And who are often the fall guys for poor team performance.

Not every team had an assistant like Bomber who was earning the same as the senior coach.

But I do remember thinking it was bold of him to quit in a public way saying its not a part time job and needed a full time person in charge.

Catoggio76

All Australian
Sep 21, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/mcveigh-blasts-drugs-claims-20130206-2dyww.html

FEBRUARY 7 2013
McVeigh blasts drugs claims
Jon Pierik

AS THE fallout over the drugs scandal continues, the Essendon family began to turn on itself, with two former players at loggerheads and a club champion questioning whether the Bombers had conducted appropriate ''checks and balances'' when hiring staff.

Fitness boss Dean Robinson, who has been suspended pending the investigation, has engaged a lawyer from the AFL Coaches Association.

blackcat

Irving's godfather and handle
Dec 29, 2003
Beverly Hills 90210 Antifa bracket
AFL Club
Richmond
Deserves its own thread here, as again, the Big Footy Community has swallowed the AFL's and the Commercial Media's bulldust, and missed the REAL message being sent out by this article.

Danny Frawley got sick and stressed BECAUSE of the Essendon Drugs Saga, this was the time Danny was working at the AFL Coaches Association, which is where James Brawshaw's brother Mark, now works. Read here for Dannys's comments:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/da...n/news-story/b22c860a7a6ec4fdad9e83c612b68ff4

DF: Yeah, that’s him. My role on air at Triple M and Fox was to throw people under the bus, and throw myself under the bus whenever required. But while I was doing that in the media, the Essendon supplement scenario was playing out. No one was prepared for it, no one could have been. I wasn’t ready for it. I was put in charge of the coaches’ association as more of a marketing-type person, and was trying to deal with a crisis that I wasn’t equipped to deal with.

HM: You really struggled to manage the coaches that were involved in the Essendon saga?

DF: Absolutely I did. The thing came out of nowhere and it put everyone on notice, no one more than me. I was dealing behind the scenes with a lot of the Essendon coaches, who were really struggling, and anxious as to how it would all play out. I got a lot of information that was confidential, and yet on the weekend I had to take one hat off, and put another one on for the media. I was really battling with it all. I started losing some sleep, and the more tired I became, the more I had to work. I started running a lot, trying to keep fit and hoping I would sleep, but I couldn’t, so I started drinking a lot, and then I started doing weight sessions, and in the space of three weeks without sleep, something had to give. I was waiting to get the cold, or the flu, or to become run down, but I just kept going. As my father used to say, “Work through it. You’ll be right, son”. So I tried to, and it all came to a head as a nervous breakdown.

Please learn to treat the AFL as a PR machine, and not a footy body (who run a 'competition'), and their motives become clear. Their KPIs are as follows:

1. Money from TV income
2. Their own PR/Image
3. Satisfying Gambling Interests
7. The running of Australian Rules Football in Australia
God bless spud, I have deposited detritus pleonasm alliterationz with greater legacy IQ in soiled prophylactics another pleonasm and stage directions yaco55

Last edited:

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Plot thickens on Danny's knowledge of the Essendon case. Look at this from May 2013

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/bomber-five-admit-dank-drugs-link-20130510-2jdqc.html

MAY 11 2013
Bomber five admit Dank drugs link
Caroline Wilson

AFL Coaches Association chief Danny Frawley said he had no knowledge of the allegations nor the admissions made by the staffers to the AFL and ASADA investigators. "I'm not privy to that and nor should I be," said Frawley. "When this is all over, I expect I'll know more."

Frawley said Pollard had temporarily stepped off the board of the coaches' association because he was representing most Bombers coaches, conditioning and other football staff, although not Hird or his senior assistant Mark Thompson.

He was head of the coaches association at the time. Obviously he knew a lot and it took a toll, he stated.

RIP spud

blackcat

Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
God bless spud, I have deposited detritus pleonasm alliterationz with greater legacy IQ in soiled prophylactics another pleonasm and stage directions yaco55
Marcel Proust unfair of you, it was temporally valid. And rehashing this thread, casts unwarranted smear on Windy Hill. The best insight to high grade doping is the Libbie Gorr Luke Ball Simon Madden lecture on masculinity and aggression in football and Don Scott having the balls to speak the T.R.U.T.H

How do you leave a gasp at the post without clarifying the context.

YouTube the lecture, those in the 80s who played more than two seasons in the VFL knew exactly where it's at

Poor guy, sorry for family, but why do I blackcat need to virtue signal
Prolly cos I am one of Chief 's political c.@.m.p.@.!.g.n.e.r.$

Lance Uppercut Snake_Baker evo

Marcel Proust unfair of you, it was temporally valid. And rehashing this thread, casts unwarranted smear on Windy Hill. The best insight to high grade doping is the Libbie Gorr Luke Ball Simon Madden lecture on masculinity and aggression in football and Don Scott having the balls to speak the T.R.U.T.H

YouTube the lecture, those in the 80s who played more than two seasons in the VFL knew exactly where it's at

What’s this got to do with me?

I was channeling your legal swear filter code Chief

i was doing things right,
doing things by the book with a tinge of virtue signalling cos i am a standup typ'a guy, just ask meds
Shuddup ya campaigner

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
And rehashing this thread, casts unwarranted smear on Windy Hill.

Not sure when Sheedy made the comments, but in an article published today he claims Watson's Brownlow should be reinstated.
“I will sit back and watch. It will be 10 years soon enough (since the supplements program). And I hope to stay alive long enough to find out how it all pans out. For Hird and Jobe.

“Jobe has lost a Brownlow. I still put him down as winning a Brownlow. (Dustin Fletcher) wasn’t even tested. The samples went to Europe and he gets suspended a year. How do you do that? I find that incredible.”
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...a/news-story/e85aa711a99e7def01cbac71657415e9

Judgement is final. Reckon most people including Essendon people would prefer to let the issue fade.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Not sure when Sheedy made the comments, but in an article published today he claims Watson's Brownlow should be reinstated.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...a/news-story/e85aa711a99e7def01cbac71657415e9

Judgement is final. Reckon most people including Essendon people would prefer to let the issue fade.

Agreed, unless something drastically new comes to light there's little to gain from continuing to raise these things. I imagine comments like Sheedy's have little positive impact upon the people involved e.g. Watson and Hird.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond

Does it?

Jake Niall said to Andrew Maher yesterday on radio something very much along the lines of "Spuds depression came about or was strongly exacerbated by the essendon drug saga"

due to his position as coaches association head

Aeglos

Cancelled
Sep 27, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Riverpigs
Does it?

Jake Niall said to Andrew Maher yesterday on radio something very much along the lines of "Spuds depression came about or was strongly exacerbated by the essendon drug saga"

Jake Niall is a f*cking idiot if he truly believes that

Aeglos

Cancelled
Sep 27, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Riverpigs
Danny Frawley said it too

He also admitted to suffering nervous breakdowns up to a decade prior to all the Essendon s**t went down.
Unless he has a time machine I don’t see how Jake Niall can even remotely imply it was the cause of his depression.
And that’s before even beginning to address the multifactoral nature of mental illnesses.

blackcat

Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
Does it?

bullsh!t. The vets know how the sausage is made.

Danny, in his defence/support, may have been unable to reconcile the hullabaloo at the sausage methods being seen by the public. So he conflates controversy n opprobrium for WindyHill in the public's eyes conflates controversy/oppobrium for previous respected position of his industry in society n aprobation versus esteem for his ilk previously... but the underlying pantomime had not changed see: don Scott lecture w Gorr madden lukeball.

I could appreciate he lacked the mental faculties to process it and be rigorous with facts and everyone's complicity. See Justin Charles on Ian Collins' personal support. I do believe Charles was fall-guy and guilty Rene Girard scapegoat.

But Spud would not blame Dons players, I definitely don't, like Luke Darcy said they are not drug cheats, and Darce and Albert had the same preparatore who was involved w Dank. Charter aka Dr ageless. Ian Collins did right thing, system compels performance and enables.

It was a clumsy wording from Niall or the other Age journo Jon k or whatever

Last edited:

blackcat

Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
Does it?

bullsh!t. The vets know how the sausage is made.

Danny, in his defence/support, may have been unable to reconcile the hullabaloo at the sausage methods being seen by the public. So he conflates controversy n opprobrium for WindyHill in the public's eyes conflates controversy/oppobium for previous respected position of his industry in society and aprobation and esteem his ilk previously... but the underlying pantomime had not changed see: don Scott lecture w Gorr madden lukeball.

I could appreciate he lacked the mental faculties to process it and be rigorous with facts and everyone's complicity. See Justin Charles on Ian Collins' personal support. I do believe Charles was fall-guy and guilty Rene Girard scapegoat.

But Spud would not blame Dons players, I definitely don't, like Luke Darcy said they are not drug cheats, and Darce and Albert had the same preparatore who was involved w Dank. Charter aka Dr ageless. Ian Collins did right thing, system compels performance and enables.

It was a clumsy wording from Niall or the other Age journo Jon kreuk or whatev

I can feel sorry for those left behind in his family and friends but don't confuse public displays of handwringing. for true action, something like SEN ain't different just unctuous in thrall to zeitgeist mores, aka Peggy Oniel of whatever Rich pres is called and the mindfulness and tears mores that led the Tigs' '17 flag <cough cough bovinescatology[sic]>

BS Tigs flag was not about Rhino's tears but the early season <8point losses they should have won most + Leppitsch Cancellara lucking upon defensive F50 strategy w swarming pressure and pother clubs unable to tactically make amendments

Last edited:

blackcat

Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
Shuddup ya campaigner
Chief I will campaign, as long as it ain't HRC or Trudeau or Daniel Andrews or the kiwi pm Ardern, #meds will even hand out how to vote cards w me won't you #meds .

#bluewave 🏄

Not shorten neither I can make exception for Albo tho something symmetrical about ALP's fondness for ladies of the night I can see the attraction heroin-chic was a thing in the 90s post the Schiffer McPherson Crawford glamour supermodels then it swung back to heroin waifs the ilk of kate moss so there is something about Sussex street the cross and the unions the song common people by jarvis cocker of pulp epitomises this it is felicitous in an injecting room kinda way emphasis on kind'er and woke yet asleep billy bobshorten debbeale way pleonasm insert ur own grammar ya pudenda

skilts
medusala

Back