Universal Love Danny Frawley, Vale

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danny Frawley is + always will be an adored larrikin: loved, admired + respected by the AFL community. Known as 'Spud' (but hardly one), I think most generations have a story about Danny + their fond chortles at his self-deprecating antics. Perhaps, as Geelong supporters, there is added admiration for Danny when he heaped it 'full on' to Dunstall. Remember the egging? Dunstall must be devastated.

Danny Frawley will always be remembered as a faithful St Kilda man. His love + fortitude for the Saints is legendary.

I remember his epic battles with Gary Ablett Sr!

Danny was the highlight of the Bounce for many.

Beyond AFL + his media roles, Danny was devoted to his family + his charity work.

Danny's beaming smile was infectious!

r0_0_3280_4926_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Let's just pause. . .
Let's put life into perspective. . .
Let's remember Danny Frawley. . .

Following Danny's death this afternoon, I find it difficult to discuss Opposition Camp news, which now just seems inane.

Tell your precious family + friends you love them.

Life is fragile.

I was channel surfing this afternoon + I'm guilty of searching social media to ascertain if Danny's death was true.

One comment, which struck me, was that Gary Ablett Sr said that Danny was a tough opponent.
(Not sure when he said it, so don't ask)

I was channel surfing this afternoon + I'm guilty of searching social media to ascertain if Danny's death was true.

One comment, which struck me, was that Gary Ablett Sr said that Danny was a tough opponent.

RIP Danny.. one of Gary A sr ..hardest opponents ... played at Stk , coached at Rich never short of challenges in footy and most respected...

Thank you TC

He was one player who had size on GA.. he could not just push him aside..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was sorry to learn of Danny Frawley's death...seemed like a real character which is sadly missing in many media "personalities" these days.....

RIP Danny....condolences to friends, family and the St Kilda and Richmond football clubs.

Such a shock to hear the news today. Was one of the few media personalities that has respect from everyone, a true great of our game.

Makes you realise that you never know how tough people are doing it. So sad for his family that he has left behind. RIP

Many people touched by this.

I always thought Danny was out there, and what you saw was the real deal. We all knew Spud, us footy fans. Nobody that has met him said he was any different to what you think he'd be like. Except maybe nicer.

A bloody shame.

Reg, your comment is very touching. A beautiful tribute.

Death for many is confronting. To talk about death has become a taboo, which is too sad.

To even use the word 'death' invokes fear in people + that distresses me.

To talk about Danny as a legend of AFL;
To laugh about his antics on The Bounce;
To reminisce about Danny's games + his biffo;
To remember his opponents' respect;
To treasure his love for his family;
To commend his courage through his tough times;
To think about his contribution to AFL;
To acknowledge his support + encouragement of young players;
To look at Danny's beautiful smile, which hid pain, is so inspiring;
To see Danny smile, gave so much joy.

I think remembered the departed person fondly, eases the pain.

I have a wife and 2 teenaged daughters. The older of my girls is a Cats fan and follows a bit. My wife and other daughter are Dogs fans but really don't follow footy at all.

They all loved Spud and Jason on Bounce. They would all sit there and cackle like idiots. It was the one program as a family that we all sat down together and watched.

Very, very sad for everyone.

Spud Frawley played as though he loved the game. He was loyal to a tee. He lived for others and his generosity enormous.
I will always remember him for his golden fist segment on bounce because he involved kids and gave them pride and tv time. Summed him up really.
Will miss him greatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back