Danny "Mundine"

Remove this Banner Ad

Green won't ever be broke. He's a marketer, he'll never be a real champion though,
but I bet he keeps telling everyone how good he is. And when he's old he'll really be bullshitting and he'll tell his kids " they used to call me Gentleman Jim Corbett I was so good" prove it Danny unify the title or titles or its over.
I doubt if any one will pay money to see any more phoneys, fighting unwell, unfit apponants.

Agree with what you said, but lol

If he won’t even fight boxers who are genuine contenders, why would he single out possibly the greatest athlete in mma history. Surely he doesn’t believe he actually possesses knockout power in his forearms?

If he won’t even fight boxers who are genuine contenders, why would he single out possibly the greatest athlete in mma history. Surely he doesn’t believe he actually possesses knockout power in his forearms?
He is probably hoping for a WWE style money grab fight.

Yeah a legit fight, I just hope Green doesn't turn it into a clinch fest.

Looked up Flores, should make for an interesting fight because he can box better than most of Green's other opponents. Initially I'm gonna predict a decision win for Flores.

I googled Bj Flores and i can't seem to recognise any of the fighters he has fought in the past. Is this another money grab by Green or is this guy a legitimate contender. They showed a little bit of Flores last night on the news and he seems to have a awkward style. Should make for a interesting fight.

Yeah you can never just go by a boxer's record any more. 24-0 means nothing. After watching some highlight clips on youtube he LOOKS like he has the skill to make it a good fight, provided (once again) that Green doesn't screw it up with over-clinching and/or a headclash.

I wouldn't say he's a "legitimate contender" but he's probably at the same level as Green.

Yeah you can never just go by a boxer's record any more. 24-0 means nothing. After watching some highlight clips on youtube he LOOKS like he has the skill to make it a good fight, provided (once again) that Green doesn't screw it up with over-clinching and/or a headclash.

I wouldn't say he's a "legitimate contender" but he's probably at the same level as Green.

Yeah, you can never trust a fighter's record, and that is illustrated perfectly by the likes of Julio Cesar Chavez Jnr and Billy Dib. Having said that, Chavez Jnr. is finally making the step up (probably too big a step, mind you) by taking on Miguel Cotto, so you have to commend him for that.

I think the same is true of Green here as well, at least to some extent. Although Flores isn't in the same ballpark as Cotto in terms of ability, it is a bit of a step up for Danny, as he is actually fighting a guy on his way up, rather than doing his usual number and scheduling a bout against either a bum or someone long past his best.

I might even end up watching this one - maybe.

Haha yeah I'll probably watch it provided I don't forget about it over the next few months.

And I agree, it's a fight you can't fault Green for making. He will get noticed if he can hand Flores his first loss.

Very unlike green to fight someone of relevance, hmmmm.

I think he realises that he owes it to the fans after the farce that was his last fight.

Even so, it's kind of sad that we are surprised to see one of the nation's best boxers taking on a decent fighter.

This should be the norm for Danny, rather than a rarity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he realises that he owes it to the fans after the farce that was his last fight.

Even so, it's kind of sad that we are surprised to see one of the nation's best boxers taking on a decent fighter.

This should be the norm for Danny, rather than a rarity.

I think he owes his fans since the mundine fight.

Good that he is finally going to step up. These are the challengers that he should be taking with every fight.

The real upcoming fights that Australians should be excited about are Katsidis vs Marquez and Darchinyan vs Mares. Those two fights should be sensational.

Good that he is finally going to step up. These are the challengers that he should be taking with every fight.

The real upcoming fights that Australians should be excited about are Katsidis vs Marquez and Darchinyan vs Mares. Those two fights should be sensational.

Yeah, those fights should be great.

I think Katsidis is a massive chance to win against Marquez, but then again, the last Marquez fight I watched was his effort against Mayweather, so I may have a slightly skewed perception in relation to how much he has declined. Even so, both fighters are warriors and it should make for a great spectacle.

I didn't know about the Vic v. Mares bout, but I've seen Abner Mares a couple of times and I really like him as a fighter, so I'll definitely be tuning in to that one.

Yeah, those fights should be great.

I think Katsidis is a massive chance to win against Marquez, but then again, the last Marquez fight I watched was his effort against Mayweather, so I may have a slightly skewed perception in relation to how much he has declined. Even so, both fighters are warriors and it should make for a great spectacle.

I didn't know about the Vic v. Mares bout, but I've seen Abner Mares a couple of times and I really like him as a fighter, so I'll definitely be tuning in to that one.

Yeah I don't really give Kats much of a chance against Marquez, but Kats wont be one to leave anything in the tank and will go down swinging.

The Vic vs Mares bout will be a cracker. I'm unsure about Vic's ability to hurt the genuine bantamweights, but he will be throwing hard in true Darchinyan style and he can never be discounted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back