Remove this Banner Ad

Dan26

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 23, 2000
Werribee
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
It's not just him or even just these three - we live in a society that happily ignores the right to presumption of innocence, led by a largely woke media who crucify anyone from a "majority" when they get the chance. (edit: this coming from a guy who's never voted for libs and previously voted greens many times)

Regardless of personal opinions, how many times was it published that Higgins was a victim of rape?
Or that these former players were "victims"?

Pathetic country and that's on us for staying silent and allowing this giant guilt trip to happen

Seems like a red pill moment for you. Respect.

Seems like a red pill moment for you. Respect.

You know that whole "red pill" thing is something that was created by two trans women who finally found themselves. Never thought of you as a strong supporter of transwomen. Good on you for the personal growth.

You know that whole "red pill" thing is something that was created by two trans women who finally found themselves. Never thought of you as a strong supporter of transwomen. Good on you for the personal growth.

No, It’s from the Matrix. The red pill and blue pill represent a choice between the willingness to learn a potentially unsettling or life-changing truth by taking the red pill or remaining in the contented experience of ordinary reality with the blue pill.

No, It’s from the Matrix. The red pill and blue pill represent a choice between the willingness to learn a potentially unsettling or life-changing truth by taking the red pill or remaining in the contented experience of ordinary reality with the blue pill.
Yeah - they took the red pill and transitioned.

That's what the whole thing is about.

Best Friends Bro GIF by The Roku Channel

Yes, and now look up who wrote the Matrix.

The whole movie is a trans allegory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, gender dysphoria can be a very unsettling experience. As the writers and creators of that movie can attest to.

What's this got to do with anything? The life prefences of the films creators have nothing to do with the idea of what the red-pill represents, which is used for storyline purposes. Wikipedia says this transgender theory, is a fan theory. It appears irrelevant to the storyline.

In a 2012 interview, Lana Wachowski said:[1]

What we were trying to achieve with the story overall was a shift, the same kind of shift that happens for Neo, that Neo goes from being in this sort of cocooned and programmed world, to having to participate in the construction of meaning to his life. And we're like, "Well, can the audience go through the three movies and experience something similar to what the main character experiences?

Well, I guess you can get out of it whatever you decide to depending on how you interpret it.

Of course. That's a component of all good art. As a movie the Matrix was amazing, pity about the sequels.

Doesn't change the fact that the writers have given context as to how they came up with the story line. You can cope about that all you like, won't make it any less true.

Of course. That's a component of all good art. As a movie the Matrix was amazing, pity about the sequels.

Doesn't change the fact that the writers have given context as to how they came up with the story line. You can cope about that all you like, won't make it any less true.

Why would I care? I don't have anything against Trans people. People can live their life however they want.

And here I thought that it was influenced strongly by the book Neuromancer

Who knew

Couple of things:
  • Matrix was s**t, the sequel is the only movie i paid for and walked out on. What a load of crap.
  • Is "red pill" a metaphor used entirely by basement dwelling incels? Feels that way.
  • Clarko's a flog. Always has been. Probably always will be. That wasn't meant to be a pun, by the way.
Has to be "more to the story". He's not looking after his mental health. I don't believe him. He's a liar.

Either a big new story is going to break, he knows he's in trouble, or he's just sick of coaching North Melbourne and wants to just hang around until the Tasmania job.
If I could add a poll to the thread I would.

Couple of things:
  • Matrix was s**t, the sequel is the only movie i paid for and walked out on. What a load of crap.
  • Is "red pill" a metaphor used entirely by basement dwelling incels? Feels that way.
  • Clarko's a flog. Always has been. Probably always will be. That wasn't meant to be a pun, by the way.
Has to be "more to the story". He's not looking after his mental health. I don't believe him. He's a liar.

Either a big new story is going to break, he knows he's in trouble, or he's just sick of coaching North Melbourne and wants to just hang around until the Tasmania job.
If I could add a poll to the thread I would.
The Matrix is an excellent film, 2 & 3 are terrible, especially in comparison. I didn't mind the 4th that much but only because my expectations were so low and I watched it at home over three nights.

The Matrix is an excellent film, 2 & 3 are terrible, especially in comparison. I didn't mind the 4th that much but only because my expectations were so low and I watched it at home over three nights.
2 was okay. 3 was eh. Never watched the forth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back