News Darcy Byrne-Jones signs for three years

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

PORT ADELAIDE defender Darcy Byrne-Jones has inked a contract extension which will see him remain at the club until the end of 2023.

Byrne-Jones played all 22 games this season for the Power, taking his career tally to 86.

Taken at pick 52 in the 2013 AFL National Draft, the 24-year-old finished runner up to Travis Boak for this year’s John Cahill Medal, after a career-best year where he averaged 22.4 disposals - up from his career average of 17.

Having arrived at Alberton as a skinny small defender, Byrne-Jones developed into a versatile backman whose running capacity is an asset. Known as 'Hank'
Look at him now .. good defender for Port.
1570752055762.png
Bleeds for Port Adelaide ..........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two episodes that I remember of Darce in his early days, one was a pre-season game v WCE at the Parade.
As I arrived I saw Darce with 2 other players going into the players/officials door off Wood St to sit in the stands and watch the game
and I thought....... mmmmm dunno how long your gunna last mate, probably a wasted pick.
Fast forward to a year or so later it was a night game at Richmond Oval when Bobby Carlisle was moving like a bent Stobie pole
and Darce really turned it on. Whether he won the ball himself or got a cheap give off from Bobbie he lit the place up.
Eye catching bursts of speed or clever sidesteps he not only broke lines but used the ball really well. It was his break-out game.

Onya Darce I had your papers stamped before you even tasted AFL, just goes to show how wrong you can be AND I wasn't the only one.
Then that moment at AO when he kicked his 1st goal, finger skyward and blood streaming down his face (pic above).
One of my daughter's saw this on the replay the next day and said "who's that?". DBJ I said.
"Who"
Darcy Byrne-Jones.
"Oh.... he's a bit of a looker."
Ya proved me wrong mate and I'm glad you did. Jeez it was even fun to go to AO in those days.

Two episodes that I remember of Darce in his early days, one was a pre-season game v WCE at the Parade.
As I arrived I saw Darce with 2 other players going into the players/officials door off Wood St to sit in the stands and watch the game
and I thought....... mmmmm dunno how long your gunna last mate, probably a wasted pick.
Fast forward to a year or so later it was a night game at Richmond Oval when Bobby Carlisle was moving like a bent Stobie pole
and Darce really turned it on. Whether he won the ball himself or got a cheap give off from Bobbie he lit the place up.
Eye catching bursts of speed or clever sidesteps he not only broke lines but used the ball really well. It was his break-out game.

Onya Darce I had your papers stamped before you even tasted AFL, just goes to show how wrong you can be AND I wasn't the only one.
Then that moment at AO when he kicked his 1st goal, finger skyward and blood streaming down his face (pic above).
One of my daughter's saw this on the replay the next day and said "who's that?". DBJ I said.
"Who"
Darcy Byrne-Jones.
"Oh.... he's a bit of a looker."
Ya proved me wrong mate and I'm glad you did. Jeez it was even fun to go to AO in those days.

Impossible to argue with a hormonal evaluation :p

Apart from that, seriously glad is still on board.

Inb4 he requests a trade to Western Bulldogs in 12 months time

Good onya DBJ!!
In before asked to explore other options in 12 months time.

Onya DBJ!!

EDIT: Darned, beaten to it. 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back