Past Darcy Cameron - traded 2019, to Collingwood for 4.4375 Craig Birds

alex4445

Team Captain
Sep 20, 2006
Wollongong
AFL Club
Sydney
Named in the best players for Saturday?

While i didnt focus on him too much I didnt think he had a bad game at all and he was going up against proper ruckman.

I actually think it was a mistake signing Sinclair to a 3 year deal as I dont think even at his best he is good enough. He works incredibly hard but his tap work is very poor and his marking is very inconsistant which diminishes his value around the ground, he also doesnt kick many goals anymore because he has to ruck solo.

For me Cameron is the only hope we have of a solid to good allround ruckman as he covers the ground well for someone of his size, is a good mark, can kick goals and is able to get some quality taps to advantage.

Opts

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
The Collisooks have Grundy and Cox. Why do they need Cameron? Maybe they're losing Grundy, hmmm?

The Collisooks have Grundy and Cox. Why do they need Cameron? Maybe they're losing Grundy, hmmm?

Because of Back Up. We have nothing underneath Cox and Grundy and IF they went down we would need backup.

Won't pass Grundy but might be able to get ahead of Cox at FF

Opts

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
Because of Back Up. We have nothing underneath Cox and Grundy and IF they went down we would need backup.

Won't pass Grundy but might be able to get ahead of Cox at FF
So instead of playing NEAFL he'll be playing VFL? Slight upgrade I suppose.

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
Confusing trade request for Cameron imo. Unless he has some secret info that Grundy has one foot out the door, I can't see how his prospects for senior footy are significantly better at Collingwood than they are with us. I'm fine for him to leave but I would have expected his departure to be to a club with a less definitive number one ruck.

6yearsold

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Crystal Palace
Confusing trade request for Cameron imo. Unless he has some secret info that Grundy has one foot out the door, I can't see how his prospects for senior footy are significantly better at Collingwood than they are with us. I'm fine for him to leave but I would have expected his departure to be to a club with a less definitive number one ruck.
He's not a number 1 ruck, imo. He is a 2nd ruck/forward. And much better forward.

DST

Premiership Player
May 1, 2003
In enemy territory
AFL Club
Sydney
He's not a number 1 ruck, imo. He is a 2nd ruck/forward. And much better forward.

Yep, and I don’t think Collingwood are completely sold on Cox doing that role in the future.

It would be live ball between Cox and him for that role where currently Sinclair and probably McLean are ahead of him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Play up Forward and Relieve Grundy as we want to keep our Structure with Cox,Moore and Roughead not playing Thru the Ruck

Yep, and I don’t think Collingwood are completely sold on Cox doing that role in the future.

It would be live ball between Cox and him for that role where currently Sinclair and probably McLean are ahead of him.

I am not either and Cox has only 1 Really Good Game in his Career and that was vs Richmond in last years PF. Not done much this Season

Jul 9, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
He was pretty good in the ruck when he was runner-up in the neafl POTY award. Think injury has hindered the development of that part of his game but has he done much when up forward?
His contested marking is his best asset and he gets around the ground well to provide an outlet coming out of D50, but 2nd and 3rd efforts? Yeah nah... and he is one of the last blokes I would want taking a set shot to save my life.
Good luck Darcy... I will miss those big contested grabs

Back