Past Darcy Cameron - traded 2019, to Collingwood for 4.4375 Craig Birds

Remove this Banner Ad

Confusing trade request for Cameron imo. Unless he has some secret info that Grundy has one foot out the door, I can't see how his prospects for senior footy are significantly better at Collingwood than they are with us. I'm fine for him to leave but I would have expected his departure to be to a club with a less definitive number one ruck.
Surprising choice especially seeing as it's quite early in the piece and trade period isn't even up and running. A bit like Pruess last year choosing to go to Melbourne and be back up to Gawn.

Wolftone

Cancelled
Feb 1, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Surprising choice especially seeing as it's quite early in the piece and trade period isn't even up and running. A bit like Pruess last year choosing to go to Melbourne and be back up to Gawn.
Grundy will not be at Pies next year. He has been linked to a move to Adelaide all year and it will probably happen now Pyke has gone

On ANE-LX2J using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies

I think Cameron to the Pies makes more sense than Preuss to Melbourne. Cameron is at least consistently solid as a forward. Preuss should be a number one ruck imo, so to go to a team with Gawn as the number one makes little sense because playing the two of them in the same team is difficult. I can see playing Cameron and Grundy in the same side (if the Pies don't pick Cox).

Grundy will not be at Pies next year. He has been linked to a move to Adelaide all year and it will probably happen now Pyke has gone

On ANE-LX2J using BigFooty.com mobile app
Just because he's been linked all year doesn't mean he'll be in Adelaide next year. Even if he does go I still doubt Cameron becomes the number 1 ruck. I'd expect O'Brien to be coming back the other way.

Pick 2 plus a Crouch brother (or O'Brien) for Grundy?
If we didn't have already Beams and Grundy was hell-bent on leaving I'd do that. Something along the lines of Pick 3 (which will probably be pushed back to 4), O'Brien and a swap of 2nds might be the best we can do.

Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
If we didn't have already Beams and Grundy was hell-bent on leaving I'd do that. Something along the lines of Pick 3 (which will probably be pushed back to 4), O'Brien and a swap of 2nds might be the best we can do.

Lets be realistic. Grundy will stay a Pie. He is going nowhere.

The whole thing about going back to Adelaide was a ploy by his Manager to lift his $$$$ for his new contract.

Lets be realistic. Grundy will stay a Pie. He is going nowhere.

The whole thing about going back to Adelaide was a ploy by his Manager to lift his $$$$ for his new contract.
I hope he doesn't. Without actually being in the 4 walls of the club he seems to love the club and the playing group but sometimes money does talk. If he does decide to go back it would have to be for money and family reasons because I doubt they'll make finals next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At this rate, we might need to keep Paps to play as our first Ruck.....
Bumping this post I made last year comparing Papley to Naismith as a ruck
Tough call. Far better pressure, better ground coverage, more tackles, better defensive and offensive impact.

Trade-off is we lose 7 hitouts to advantage, and a bit of altitude

Officially past player

shrug.gif

RobbieK

Cancelled
Aug 20, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney
Did Currie ever play in any disastrous losses? Can't remember
He didn't play in a single AFL game for us. So which is worse, no games or one game which is a loss to the Suns?

He did play in a 120 point loss to the Cats when he was playing for the Suns, though.

He didn't play in a single AFL game for us. So which is worse, no games or one game which is a loss to the Suns?

He did play in a 120 point loss to the Cats when he was playing for the Suns, though.
Purely in relation to us, I guess Cameron being selected for the senior side at least implies that he contributed to the success of our NEAFL team. So Cameron is ahead... marginally

Remove this Banner Ad

Back