Traded Darcy Cameron [traded with #62 to Collingwood for #56]

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be happy with this. Will cost virtually nothing (Token 5th or 6th round pick) and we need a backup ruck. Hopefully we still keep Lynch though as I was impressed with him in the VFL.

If he impresses during preseason and cox is still unavailable then Cameron will play round 1. We're desperate for that towering R/F key forward target who can ruck, as we have modelled our forward structure accordingly.

Has to be for a pick after 50 tho...

I'd be happy with this. Will cost virtually nothing (Token 5th or 6th round pick) and we need a backup ruck. Hopefully we still keep Lynch though as I was impressed with him in the VFL.
You sound so authoritative when you say he will cost virtually nothing.

If he impresses during preseason and cox is still unavailable then Cameron will play round 1. We're desperate for that towering R/F key forward target who can ruck, as we have modelled our forward structure accordingly.

Has to be for a pick after 50 tho...
Well if that what it has to be... You are after all, the ONE calling the shots.

Righto, we've had one genuine ruckman on our list since we traded Witts, so we need another. Grundy going knowwhere.
The thing is, I would not describe him as a genuine ruckman. He is more a fwd/ruck and much better as a fwd, IMO. This is why I don't think the decision is as baffling as some are suggesting. I think Cameron would back himself to beat Cox to that 2nd ruck position.

You sound so authoritative when you say he will cost virtually nothing.

I mean he is very far down the pecking order in both your ruck and key forward stocks and would probably be de-listed this season if it wasn't for other clubs having interest. The cost will be similar to what we got Jordan Roughead for.

I mean he is very far down the pecking order in both your ruck and key forward stocks and would probably be de-listed this season if it wasn't for other clubs having interest. The cost will be similar to what we got Jordan Roughead for.
You even have such lucid insight into our list management. I guess you must have some kind of credible source. Well done

At least you frame that as your opinion. Though you don't back it up with anything.

Look at the value of McCarthy, Miles, C.Ellis, Rohan, Clarke, Kent, Lloyd, Hall, GHS, Stengle, Duryea, Hombsch, Thurlow, Roughead and Newman last year - uncontracted depth players are worth 3/5ths of * all. I could go on - that's just from 1 year. Clubs stand their ground on contracted players worth 1st rounders at the time - Gibbs, Kelly, McCarthy. They don't stand their ground on uncontracted 24 year olds with 1 game and 3 career disposals to their name who are 3rd in line at best (and potentially 4th behind McLean now) at their current club.

If you want to look at rucks, Preuss and 62 went for Tyson, Hickey, 61 and an early 4th went for 39 and a late 4th (values Hickey around 53), Lobbe pick 95...
Nankervis went for pick 46 after a year he played 7 games in and was 2 years younger than Cameron in, while Witts went for 44 and 62 after 40 games in 4 years.

So that's pretty much my evidence about why pick 64 from the Pies should do it.

And instead of sooking about people not posting "in my mere humble opinion, I believe, based on this, and remembering it is only my opinion, and I'm not a list manager just a poster on a footy forum sharing my opinion" why don't you share what you think Cameron will go for and why? Seems like you want to argue against a mountain of evidence that he's worth jack s**t in a trade but don't actually provide a counterpoint?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look at the value of McCarthy, Miles, C.Ellis, Rohan, Clarke, Kent, Lloyd, Hall, GHS, Stengle, Duryea, Hombsch, Thurlow, Roughead and Newman last year - uncontracted depth players are worth 3/5ths of fu** all. I could go on - that's just from 1 year. Clubs stand their ground on contracted players worth 1st rounders at the time - Gibbs, Kelly, McCarthy. They don't stand their ground on uncontracted 24 year olds with 1 game and 3 career disposals to their name who are 3rd in line at best (and potentially 4th behind McLean now) at their current club.

If you want to look at rucks, Preuss and 62 went for Tyson, Hickey, 61 and an early 4th went for 39 and a late 4th (values Hickey around 53), Lobbe pick 95...
Nankervis went for pick 46 after a year he played 7 games in and was 2 years younger than Cameron in, while Witts went for 44 and 62 after 40 games in 4 years.

So that's pretty much my evidence about why pick 64 from the Pies should do it.

And instead of sooking about people not posting "in my mere humble opinion, I believe, based on this, and remembering it is only my opinion, and I'm not a list manager just a poster on a footy forum sharing my opinion" why don't you share what you think Cameron will go for and why? Seems like you want to argue against a mountain of evidence that he's worth jack s**t in a trade but don't actually provide a counterpoint?
I don't know what he will go for. I leave that for experts like yourself to be so confident you know. We tend to get bent over in all our trades so it wouldn't surprise me if he went cheaply. Though Cameron has played one more AFL game than Sam Murray had and we let you have him for a 2nd rounder. I guess it depends how much the respective two teams involved in the trade want him.

I don't know what he will go for. I leave that for experts like yourself to be so confident you know. We tend to get bent over in all our trades so it wouldn't surprise me if he went cheaply. Though Cameron has played one more AFL game than Sam Murray had and we let you have him for a 2nd rounder. I guess it depends how much the respective two teams involved in the trade want him.
Some perspective on that trade. It was Murray and Sydney's future 3rd rounder for our future 2nd rounder. Couple of things on that deal though:
1) we had an academy player, Isaac Quaynor, on our radar so we were always getting a discount with him come the 2018 draft, so the actual difference in the point value of those picks was 20% less.
2) Murray was classed as a Cat B rookie or something similar, so even though he was uncontracted, he could not just go to the draft. He had to be traded.

IMO, I'm not sure how much Sydney value him but playing Allirr Alliir in the ruck, when he's Sydney's best key defender as opposed to Cameron, suggests the Swans don't rate him that highly. That has him ranked as Sydney's 4th best ruck option, behind Alliir, Naismith and Sinclair. Is he also behind Knoll from the mid-season draft?

You even have such lucid insight into our list management. I guess you must have some kind of credible source. Well done

Are you like this in every trade thread?

You don't contribute anything besides hostility.

Some perspective on that trade. It was Murray and Sydney's future 3rd rounder for our future 2nd rounder. Couple of things on that deal though:
1) we had an academy player, Isaac Quaynor, on our radar so we were always getting a discount with him come the 2018 draft, so the actual difference in the point value of those picks was 20% less.
2) Murray was classed as a Cat B rookie or something similar, so even though he was uncontracted, he could not just go to the draft. He had to be traded.

IMO, I'm not sure how much Sydney value him but playing Allirr Alliir in the ruck, when he's Sydney's best key defender as opposed to Cameron, suggests the Swans don't rate him that highly. That has him ranked as Sydney's 4th best ruck option, behind Alliir, Naismith and Sinclair. Is he also behind Knoll from the mid-season draft?

Cameron was injured when Sinclair went down and only returned to NEAFL with a few rounds to go (and withdrew from the match in the middle of that, due to injury).

I am not in the inner sanctum but I would’ve thought he would have played had he not been injured.

He only played 11 of a possible 20 NEAFL games.

Cameron was injured when Sinclair went down and only returned to NEAFL with a few rounds to go (and withdrew from the match in the middle of that, due to injury).

I am not in the inner sanctum but I would’ve thought he would have played had he not been injured.

He only played 11 of a possible 20 NEAFL games.
Fair enough:thumbsu:

It is my personal opinion of what the situation will be like. I'm not sure why you are so up in arms about it. As most have said which I agree with, pick 64 easily gets it done.

He was injured when a;; our rucks went down. Just to add context.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back