Player Watch Darcy Cameron

Remove this Banner Ad

I hated how he stopped thinking he a free kick several times, instead of playing to the whistle.
But his was fine otherwise, except that he lacks intensity for a big guy.

Sorry prefer mason Cox and I'm gutted his papers are stamped
Agree.
Cameron is a bit of a nothing player. I bit meh.
Cox may not be the greatest footballer around but he has given me so much joy at times.
Admittedly has also frustrated the hell out of me at times as well.
Personally I would prefer him over Cameron.
Although Cameron was impressive last week. If he brought that to the table in every game my opinion would change quickly.

What’s Cameron’s wage? In the scope of our list, enough said. Paid a pittance, is serviceable. Handy depth, obviously not the KPF we need but nobody else atm. ,cox included who’s on what, 550k...

Also noteworthy was that the second Grundy went down and Cameron went into the ruck full time - we went from losing clearances to absolutely dominating in that area. Coincidence?

I note that this was also around the time that DeGoey went into the mid, so that may also have had something to do with it. Cameron’s tap zones were accurate and mostly pretty dangerous though. Surely had something to do with it.

Bump.

Has been quietly improving quite a bit. Despite the fact he’s 25, people forget that he’s only played 18 games in his career.

Had a good game today. Solid overhead, dangerous up forward and solid ruck craft.

I think he has a fair bit of improvement left in him too given he’s 205cm and played less than 20 games.

He'll be unbeatable if he stops skipping leg day.

Also noteworthy was that the second Grundy went down and Cameron went into the ruck full time - we went from losing clearances to absolutely dominating in that area. Coincidence?

I note that this was also around the time that DeGoey went into the mid, so that may also have had something to do with it. Cameron’s tap zones were accurate and mostly pretty dangerous though. Surely had something to do with it.

Well guess without Grundy's Dominance it's harder for the Oppostion to read where the Ball is going to go from Taps

Was a few we had gift wrapped to us by the cats ruck who hit it down straight to us. I guess if you win the most hit outs, you’ll have the most ‘to advantage’ but also have the most ‘sharked’ by the opposition. I recall the days we longed for a Grundy type. Now we have him we forget what it was like not having hit outs to advantage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gets better each and every week.

Growing in confidence and playing some good footy despite our side being pitiful.

Imagine what he would be like with some decent ball movement.

Has been very good. Can take a contested mark and seems very competitive.

GWS or GC should offer us a 1st round pick for him....

Conversely I’d say we have too many targets, problem is we don’t have the delivery to supply them nor the crumbers to win the ball at ground level.

Yep pretty spot on, there are so many useless numbers inside 50 how do you work for each other and create space? most of its due to the slow ball movement and or the hesitation to go in quick,.
What we end up with is congestion everywhere so you cant lead and you cant crumb either but Bucks thinks that that is a territory game when you lock it in then you will score! You can.... sometimes, but everything is really hard work while the good sides expend less energy by scoring with a few possessions.
We are going nowhere fast with this fraudulent game style.

Good that he continues to develop. I always thought he could provide equivalent service to Cox’s average output at a fraction of the cost, now it’s time to see how much further he can go.

If he becomes a better tap ruckmen than Grundy, and he's also a million times better forward... where does Grundy play?
Surely he goes to the wing. That’s where we put everyone we don’t know how to use.

Surely he goes to the wing. That’s where we put everyone we don’t know how to use.

Not something we'll have to worry about anytime soon. Cameron has a ruck contest win % of those he attends of about 35%, Grundy nearly 60%, Cameron has a hitout to advantage % of 26.4%, Grundy 33.4%.

Was pretty darned good once again. Methinks we’d have been a lot better off if we didn’t play Cox late last year and hit his trigger, because it cost us big time in the offseason. Still, we were going into another finals series and you can’t take them for granted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back