Welcome Darcy Fogarty, AFC Pick 12 in the 2017 draft!

How many AFL matches do you think Darcy Fogarty will play in 2018?

• 16+ games

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It depends on form, injuries blah blah why even bother posting about the season or footy in general

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hey shorty

Hall of Famer
Jun 15, 2005
Where the Hills have eyes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Was so inconsistent for us. Don’t know if its natural maturing process, or our poor development.

Given his obvious disdain for the club I imagine it’s the latter.
I reckon it's a bit of both. I think we all saw what Charlie could do with us, just not often enough. Hes been in the system 5 years now so it's not a shock to see him become a more consistent footballer.

There were obviously issues here though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sanders

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I’ve talked up Fog for fair few months on this thread, and agree that he should have been picked in the seniors earlier. Though these sentiments doesn’t mean the club was not within their rights to develop him and build more run into his game before AFL re-selection. Up until we beat Tigers and GWS, and we were sitting on 4th, hindsight back then was the club’s decision was justified.

Now after Fog kicking 5 goals straight, hindsight is favouring the “why wasn’t he picked earlier?” Had he stuck to his usual average of 2 goals per game for the remainder of the year, hindsight would say “Fog seemed to have stagnated since last year”. Some things in life, are not as obvious as it seems.
That’s just dumb, even for you

And you’ve got form in that regard

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
That’s exactly what I think. Some players are just bred for the show.
His progress is tracking very similarly to Tex when brought onto the AFL scene. You can see they’ve got that same natural forward instincts and the hunger for goals. Those beautiful long and accurate kicks also very similar!

Peter J

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Are you talking about these comments about his feeling towards the coaches, and not the club.
Yeah that’s the interview.

Directed at coaches for sure. Its clear he still maintains good relations with a number of players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brenton Davy

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 3, 2007
Athelstone
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide, The EXERS!
So I've heard that Fog was criticised in the game review for being too direct with his kicking, especially given the game plan was to chip the ball sideways at all costs.
or maybe that's just what I imagined happened :D
Sounds like the premise for a Spackler dialogue...

NTRabbit

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 1, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal, 76ers, Royals
Does Rabbit hate Fog too?

Lol, what a unique record he has...
Sure, make up a new one too, head canon is all most of you seem to be capable of doing.

His deficiencies were on show during the game, as pointed out once or twice by Pavlich, which were the main reason he hasn't gotten much of a game this year - if we'd stuck him in the side in round 10 he'd be as gassed as O'Brien is right now, and not able to play out the season.

I like his kicking action and his physicality, but he's still too short to play as anything but a lead up third tall, we'll need at least one genuine KPF down there going forward.

Mr MysteryGuest

Premiership Player
Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sure, make up a new one too, head canon is all most of you seem to be capable of doing.

His deficiencies were on show during the game, as pointed out once or twice by Pavlich, which were the main reason he hasn't gotten much of a game this year - if we'd stuck him in the side in round 10 he'd be as gassed as O'Brien is right now, and not able to play out the season.

I like his kicking action and his physicality, but he's still too short to play as anything but a lead up third tall, we'll need at least one genuine KPF down there going forward.
Do you still believe Darling is a third tall?

BunjiMac

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I reckon it's a bit of both. I think we all saw what Charlie could do with us, just not often enough. Hes been in the system 5 years now so it's not a shock to see him become a more consistent footballer.

There were obviously issues here though.
I think he plays a different role at Brisbane than he did at Adelaide.

At Adelaide it was very much the Murphy role. Pressure and defend first, score second.

At Brisbane he seems to be a much bigger offensive threat and target. So it's more score first but pressure when required.

Their midfielders can also kick the ball which helps.

I think the freedom to create has taken his game to another level.

I don't think there's anyway he could play to the same level at Adelaide as our forward line strategy sucks balls.

Kane McGoodwin

TheBrownDog
May 21, 2001
Floating around the Universe
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows

Which weaknesses?

Led too well to get separation from his opponent?
Lack of kicking points?
Too much aggression?
Made our forward line too efficient?

Top Bottom