Player Watch Darcy Fogarty

How many goals will Darcy Fogarty kick in 2023?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Not true, put the ball up high and in his vicinity and Modra would have sat on someones head and taken the mark anyway.
Godra!!!!

Ah I see. So as long as he can play like a top 5 player in club history he is starting to make it!

So what have other players done at similar career point?

Rich Tom Lynch 38 games 35 goals
Jack Reiwoldt 46 and 57 ( after 26 he had 25 goals)
Charlie Dixon 35 and 29
Nick Blakey 37 and 27
Charlie Curnow 47 and 59
Eric Hipwood 30 and 41
Aaron Naughton 36 and 49
Darcy Fogarty 24 and 26

His goal per game stats are not dissimilar to a bunch of other “key” forwards while Darcy has been the 3/4 in line in our forward line

We need him to be our number one or two for directing the ball too and see how he goes

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If they wanted us to get excited about Fog, they should show him dropping a few kilos and covering the ground better. His upper body strength is not what's holding him back as a footballer. We already know he's built like a brick shithouse.

If that pic doesn't get you, as a red blooded man excited, what will?

Seriously though, that sort of muscle definition in the abs you just don't get with a poor diet and lack of motivation. His body fat percentage seems to have plummeted.

Aerobic capacity is something else yes, but he's going to give himself the best chance at building that tank and that's all we can ask for.

Seriously though, that sort of muscle definition in the abs you just don't get with a poor diet and lack of motivation. His body fat percentage seems to have plummeted.

Aerobic capacity is something else yes, but he's going to give himself the best chance at building that tank and that's all we can ask for.
this is bang on the mark..It will be good to see a fit fog roaming that forward line crashing packs and leading direct at the ball carrier.

Always good to see a 6-pack abdomen on a player during the offseason! Though how much muscles on the outside doesn’t always correlate with how fit he is on the inside. Still, at least some positive signs!

Agreed, the positive that I have taken is that the club thought they needed to post this to reassure / excite supporters which shows it was well accepted his conditioning hasn't been up to scratch.

You would hope Tex has been told the same

If he can build the requisite fitness base I still see Fogarty as a player who could be incredibly damaging roaming in that arc 40-80 metres out from goal providing both a long range scoring threat and an avenue for transition into the forward 50.

Okay but without a comparison pic, how the * am I supposed to know his muscle definition has improved? Show me the receipts.

Ah I see. So as long as he can play like a top 5 player in club history he is starting to make it!

So what have other players done at similar career point?

Rich Tom Lynch 38 games 35 goals
Jack Reiwoldt 46 and 57 ( after 26 he had 25 goals)
Charlie Dixon 35 and 29
Nick Blakey 37 and 27
Charlie Curnow 47 and 59
Eric Hipwood 30 and 41
Aaron Naughton 36 and 49
Darcy Fogarty 24 and 26

His goal per game stats are not dissimilar to a bunch of other “key” forwards while Darcy has been the 3/4 in line in our forward line

We need him to be our number one or two for directing the ball too and see how he goes

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
What? I was commenting on Modra's ability, he was that good.

And you don’t just get a six pack from diet alone. It’s a major part of it, a huge part, but he’s been putting in the kilometres. That’s obvious.

Bodes well.
Anyone who's ever tried to get a six pack knows the work you have to put in to even come close.

It takes a tonne of aerobic work to expose them. You can do situps till the cows come home but if you can't drop your body fat and expose them it will make zero difference.

I just can't see a time where Fogarty will have the tank, speed and aerobic capacity to be a midfielder that can play a role offensively and defensively.

I hope I am proved wrong.

Big Fog fan but there is a reason he is putting in the hard yards now, he obviously wasn't in the best shape.

Now with a decent forward line coach, the only thing missing is opportunities and whilst I love Tex, Fog has to be given priority, even if it means Tex plays SANFL.

Actually there is one more thing missing, some decent delivery. Hopefully we draft to address that plus keep persisting with Milera in the middle or wing, we need decent delivery to our forwards. Poor Tex whilst he is past it now, the delivery to him has been deplorable, how he keeps his cool is testament to him.

Easy to sort that, have Scholl as the person kicking into the 50

I just can't see a time where Fogarty will have the tank, speed and aerobic capacity to be a midfielder that can play a role offensively and defensively.

I hope I am proved wrong.

Fog will always struggle for speed and will be something we'll need to plan around (i.e. it might kill someone else's career if Fog is good enough). That said, you certainly don't need speed to play inside midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed, the positive that I have taken is that the club thought they needed to post this to reassure / excite supporters which shows it was well accepted his conditioning hasn't been up to scratch.

You would hope Tex has been told the same
The club didnt make the decision to post it.... Tex did

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The information Ive received is that Nicks was very strong with his messaging to senior players prior to the break, not just the leadership group

Like last year off-seaaon programs have been set however senior players need to take more responsibility in driving standards and keeping players well connected

Tex is not alone in doing work with Fog, Jones is also doing running sessions with Fog

Outside of this other senior players have decided who they will work with in the off season, some of this is based on roles but also areas of fitness or game a player might have target to work on.,..

The information Ive received is that Nicks was very strong with his messaging to senior players prior to the break, not just the leadership group

Like last year off-seaaon programs have been set however senior players need to take more responsibility in driving standards and keeping players well connected

Tex is not alone in doing work with Fog, Jones is also doing running sessions with Fog

Outside of this other senior players have decided who they will work with in the off season, some of this is based on roles but also areas of fitness or game a player might have target to work on.,..

Very exciting.

Can you share any more details?

Who's picked up who?

That’s great to hear. They need to put bad coaches and band camp behind them.

Back