Player Watch Darcy Fogarty

How many goals will Darcy Fogarty kick in 2023?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You just try so hard don’t you to create an outcome that favours the Crows? It just destroys anything you post.

Dixon not only provides their contested marking option, he also applies more tackles, more inside 50s and is line ball on metres gained. The last two are telling as Jenkins rucks more than Dixon, you would think these stats should favour Jenkins.

The Crows don’t play perfect football, we bomb it long plenty and having Dixon up their competing ahead of Jenkins would be a huge difference. For one the opposition would be looking over their shoulder, not getting ready for a fairy tap.

Charlie Dixon and Josh Jenkins don’t play the same role. Dixon role as a key forward is very similar to Walker.

Josh Jenkins has a similar role to Justin Westhoff. I know who i’d prefer in my team.

You can not cherry pick good and bad roles people play to favor your discussion.

Charlie Dixon finished 2nd in his B&F only a bees dick from winning

Yet: https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...ayerStatus2=A&tid2=14&pid2=3612&fid2=S&type=A

Why do you think JJ’s coaches didn’t rate him nearly as highly as Dixon’s coaches did him?

Well let me point out the obvious. We have a shitload of better players than Dixon whereas Port do not.

Jenkins missed games, which ruins your B+F chances...

Someone of your ilk surely knows this fact?

He still averaged the same amount of goals as Dixon in 2017.

Its embarrassing for Port that he was 2nd in their B+F

Last edited:

Charlie Dixon and Josh Jenkins don’t play the same role. Dixon role as a key forward is very similar to Walker.

Josh Jenkins has a similar role to Justin Westhoff. I know who i’d prefer in my team.

You can not cherry pick good and bad roles people play to favor your discussion.
What? You might want to have a clue about their roles before you claim I’m cherry picking.

Give Dixon 1/3 of the opportunities and watch him do precisely nothing.
He thrives off having no other credible options up there.
I reckon JJ would struggle being the no 1 banana and I’m sure Charlie would enjoy getting the 2nd or 3rd best defender each week.

Oh cmon, you don’t look objectively, don’t make things up. Or do you consider a fluke your objective analysis always ends up on the Crows side? I laughed the other day when you tried to defend the non-availability of our clash jumper for Xmas. You made up a scenario that made it sound like the Crows delayed it intentionally, it was laughable.

Anyone who watches football, without an “objective bias”, will tell you Dixon is the better player and if he was in the Crows side, our forward line would be better.
He is our Janus

Ooops Fogarty will be a gun

Most games we lost in the midfield not contested marking...
we got beaten in the clearances earlier in the year, but we actually beat Geelong and Hawthorn in that area in our losses to them and it we didn't exactly get smashed there in our losses to Sydney or Richmond...

you know what stat we did get belted in in EVERY loss? Inside 50's per goal.

we look our worst when the opposition shuts down our space and slows down our ball movement. A Dixon type would make a world of difference in those situations as compared to Jenkins.

we got beaten in the clearances earlier in the year, but we actually beat Geelong and Hawthorn in that area in our losses to them and it we didn't exactly get smashed there in our losses to Sydney or Richmond...

you know what stat we did get belted in in EVERY loss? Inside 50's per goal.

we look our worst when the opposition shuts down our space and slows down our ball movement. A Dixon type would make a world of difference in those situations as compared to Jenkins.
Most games we lost we went in with a tall too.
many & we lacked forward pressure. It's all interrelated to what you are mentioning but the contested marking issue.

Most games we lost we went in with a tall too.
many & we lacked forward pressure. It's all interrelated to what you are mentioning but the contested marking issue.
if Otten could mark like McGovern we might have gotten away with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Otten could apply pressure like Gov, we would have gotten away with it.
and what do you know, Dixon - the guy that got this conversation started in the first place - is much closer to the latter than the former.

offers more in the contest and when applying pressure than Otten and Jenkins combined.

and what do you know, Dixon - the guy that got this conversation started in the first place - is much closer to the latter than the former.

offers more in the contest and when applying pressure than Otten and Jenkins combined.

Can we take the Dixon love fest elsewhere. Can’t stand that wine swilling turd sniffer

I’m pretty confident I do. You might want to watch some replays

Donald Trump is "pretty confident" he is doing the right thing as well. People who are confident are often wrong.

Maybe you should watch Jenkins, Dixon and Westhoff next year and identify the roles they play.

Donald Trump is "pretty confident" he is doing the right thing as well. People who are confident are often wrong.

Maybe you should watch Jenkins, Dixon and Westhoff next year and identify the roles they play.

Jenkins is a small crumbing forward oppourtunist.
Dixon is a KPF with lead hands.
Westoff is a poor mans Lynch. (Very poor man).

They all play different roles but I agree that Westoff is a better comparison to JJ than Dixon is. Not that this has to be so, or that it is in any way a good thing.

And once you have a dislike you cannot see any good. so what. I attempt to look objectively. If that view supports the Crows big deal.
PS how do we judge Dixon vs JJ, by stats, By Eye, by the position they hold in the team, by Goals they Kick you tell. Or do we just say yea but he a better-contested mark who uses his body as our only criteria. Which a few of you do. So again which is it.
And Please be Honest.
Will Dixon be better in the Crows team than JJ, I don't think he would be, He would need to play good consistent football for more than 1 year,
I can support my argument with Data, and Stats, Dixon has only had one year better than JJ, And then that was Close. and Dixon averaged 9% more game time per match. PS argument you and other used to justify why Thommo stats were better than others a few years ago.
Looking objectively without bias. How can I even support an argument based on History and data. It would be wrong.

You do realise the threshold for being objective and honest requires more substantiation than just typing the words “honest” and “objective”

Ok, seeing as you now think you are being clever.

Jenkins is predominantly our stay at home forward.
Dixon is predominantly Ports stay at home forward.
Tex is our centre half forward who roams around the ground and does not play as a conventional stay at home forward.
Westhoff is a floater, a little bit up forward, he floats back to help the defence out and spends time up the ground. He plays nothing like Jenkins.

This year about even there both have their weaknesses. no clear winner there.
2016 I would say JJ.
2018 will be interesting.

Our coaches said JJ was not very good. In fact it’s unprecedented to have a forward kicking so many goals and being so poorly rated by his coaches

Dixon virtually wins his B&F and JJ can’t make top 10 in either year

You talk about data but I have had to explain averages to you in the past, particularly in relation to Mr Jenkins

Jenkins is a small crumbing forward oppourtunist.
Dixon is a KPF with lead hands.
Westoff is a poor mans Lynch. (Very poor man).

They all play different roles but I agree that Westoff is a better comparison to JJ than Dixon is. Not that this has to be so, or that it is in any way a good thing.
Jenkins can’t play like Dixon because he’s not that good, he’s an average contested mark and he’s soft, but given Jenkins size we need him to play like that. The discussion has been how much better our forward line would be replacing Jenkins with Dixon, it’s a no brainer.

Back