Player Watch Darcy Fogarty

How many goals will Darcy Fogarty kick in 2023?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.afc.com.au/video/2018-06-04/darcy-fogarty-presser-june-4

"What's your biggest lesson so far Darcy?"
"Yeah, umm, donno. You mean in a game sense?"

Yep, seasoned media campaigner this bloke! Lucky he's as good as footy as he is
How would you have done if they stuck a bunch of reporters and microphones in your face as an 18 year old ?? I know I wouldn't have done as well as he did. I would have come across as an absolute bumbling idiot. You have to remember how tough that would be. Notice that he changed one of his answers to push the team first agenda, as even that wasn't instinctive in his response.

How would you have done if they stuck a bunch of reporters and microphones in your face as an 18 year old ?? I know I wouldn't have done as well as he did. I would have come across as an absolute bumbling idiot. You have to remember how tough that would be. Notice that he changed one of his answers to push the team first agenda, as even that wasn't instinctive in his response.
Best thing is, it shows emotional immaturity and room for improvement. A lot of the well drilled lads coming in the first year system have been hyper professional in their preparation and thought process, while lads like Milera, Rankine and seemingly Darcy still have room to grow in that sense.

http://www.afc.com.au/video/2018-06-04/darcy-fogarty-presser-june-4

"What's your biggest lesson so far Darcy?"
"Yeah, umm, donno. You mean in a game sense?"

Yep, seasoned media campaigner this bloke! Lucky he's as good as footy as he is
I couldn’t care less if he is good in front of the cameras, but his video of when he got told he earnt his first AFL game made me laugh:

Pyke: “Why do you think you’re in?”

Fog: “To compete.”

Pyke: “And why else?”

Fog: “Just to play footy, I guess.”

Lol. Keep it simple. Couldn’t get anymore laid back if he tried. Star.

I couldn’t care less if he is good in front of the cameras, but his video of when he got told he earnt his first AFL game made me laugh:

It's the laid back attitude and being camera-shy makes him a more likely candidate of staying for long-term prospects. Which is good for us!

I'm still a bumbling idiot approaching 40, so he's ahead of me

Best thing is, it shows emotional immaturity and room for improvement. A lot of the well drilled lads coming in the first year system have been hyper professional in their preparation and thought process, while lads like Milera, Rankine and seemingly Darcy still have room to grow in that sense.
Don't you start ruining him. Bugger the media polish he's here to play football. if you want polish bring Van Berli out of retirement.

Was a pretty stupid question by don. Got the answer it deserved. I like the kid.

That video with Doedee is night and day different next to Fogarty's, shows how even a year or two makes a massive difference in the relationship between a player and a coach. Fog still looks nervous and tentative around Pyke, Doedee is right at home with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listen to early interviews of Mods, Roo, Tex. You don't have to be Obama to play footy.
Yes, I would be more concerned if he played footy badly & talked well.

Nothing issue if he isn't media savvy at 18.

If he can build a solid tank then I think he can play anywhere. He has got One hell of a don’t argue for an 18 year old. I wouldn’t rule him out as a midfielder based on some of the things we have seen. Not an in and under, but a contested beast of a player.

It depends on what type of tank he can build and also where he does the most damage. I see him playing a similar role that Gov does, running up and down the field, linking up defence to F50 as well as being a F50 marking option and goal kicker. We want to keep him as flexible as possible. Keep him off the weights. Keep him mobile and as quick as possible. A mobile CHF that is as good as a mid around the contest.

The only limit I can see on this kid is his tank. Imagine him with a Nick Reiwolt like work rate and tank.

Wayne Carey would firebomb the club if we tried to turn Fog into a midfielder.

Back