Player Watch Darcy Fogarty

How many goals will Darcy Fogarty kick in 2023?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Since you are talking about idiots and paying mild attention, did you pay any attention to the interview with Wells post the trade??? If you did you wouldn't be pushing the same barrow full of the same ****e you've been pushing all along and regurgitating the same rubbish.

What you're peddling now has no more truth than it had back then.

We bent over and lubed ourselves up and politely said go your hardest.

LOL. What a ridiculous post.

You've absolutely nothing to support your position and it's a pathetic emotional bleat. Grow up and harden up, and show some common sense.

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
His position is to just make up a series of claims and declare them as facts and then claim that to not accept those made up facts as the universal truth is somehow unfair.

I mean:

1) The offer that 'would have been made';

2) Our capacity to match;

3) The draft that supposedly would have occurred otherwise (without regard to all of the academy picks)

Are all works of fan fiction, without any support or basis whatsoever.

The problem is, of course, that 1 and 2 are predicated on the idea that Dangerfield knowingly left 500k on the table for no good reason whatsoever.

Re: Milera- there's nothing implausible about Curnow, and Rioli both going where they did. The only real question is- is it beyond the realm of possibility that there was one more player that an interstate club might have selected before Milera in that draft.

Common sense is on my side. You have a pre-existing view that the club acted incompetently, and you only want to twist things to suit your view. That sense of narrowminded bias blinds you to some clear facts.

1. Geelong had more money coming out of contract than us in 2015 - by more count, it included Jimmy Bartel, Corey Enright, Steve Johnson, James Kelly, Tom Lonergan, Andrew Mackie, Hamish McIntosh, Jared Rivers and Mathew Stokes.

McIntosh, Rivers, Stevie J and Stokes were all delisted - Bartle and Enright were given one more year, but could EASILY have not been given that, and Zac Smith could have not been signed. Geelong had MASSIVE more salary upside than the Crows. That is the obvious sledge hammer they held.

2. If they chose to make a $1.4m offer to Dangerfield, we couldn't have matched. We didn't have enough large contracts ending.

They didn't want to, we knew that, and we used that to get better value from them in picks. But if we'd said "we want three firsts" (or whatever), they would have shrugged their shoulders and walked away. That's what negotiations are.

3. My feelings on the draft are based on what actually occured. It's based on the facts that Milera had an excellent year, much better than Rioli, and it seems crazy to just assume the world would roll over and have let him fall into our lap picks later.

"Oh, we could have just got him later" is the kind of unprovable wishful thinking that it's impossible to support.

JennyTalia

All Australian
Mar 24, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Anyone buying into Tredders and Rowey's suggestion that we could lose Fog because he isn't getting a game?

As much as I would love to see him get a couple look ins this year, he still doesn't seem fit enough to contribute consistently across 4 quarters. Surely he'd be aware of that himself and working hard to remedy it. Highly doubt he would be disgruntled and looking elsewhere.
Any genuine word on how he is feeling?

Anyone buying into Tredders and Rowey's suggestion that we could lose Fog because he isn't getting a game?

As much as I would love to see him get a couple look ins this year, he still doesn't seem fit enough to contribute consistently across 4 quarters. Surely he'd be aware of that himself and working hard to remedy it. Highly doubt he would be disgruntled and looking elsewhere.

I could see it, two forwards paid well and contracted for a while in front of you would make anyone disgruntled as there is no spot to win performance wise. More just a case of praying for injuries.

It is a terrible list situation.

ChilliP

All Australian
Nov 8, 2018
Goolwa
AFL Club
Adelaide

Until he is kicking bags of 4-5 goals regularly in the SANFL like Stengle is, he has no right to expect AFL games.

Until he is kicking bags of 4-5 goals regularly in the SANFL like Stengle is, he has no right to expect AFL games.

I look forward to no KPF ever making it past the SANFL ever again with a standard like that. Unless you call 2/3 out of 10 regular.

The days of that happening in any semi professional league are dead and that's before factoring in that he is on a reserves team which has no control of how good they are (injuries to best 22 players does).

Squiba

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
I agree, based on what he has shown so far, he has absolutely no claim to a best 22 spot as a forward in our current line up. If Fog has such a high opinion of himself that he'd leave after just two years from draft day as a KPF, he is too arrogant to ever reach his full potential.

I don't believe in Fog wanting out at all, mind you.

JennyTalia

All Australian
Mar 24, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I agree, based on what he has shown so far, he has absolutely no claim to a best 22 spot as a forward in our current line up. If Fog has such a high opinion of himself that he'd leave after just two years from draft day as a KPF, he is too arrogant to ever reach his full potential.

I don't believe in Fog wanting out at all, mind you.
Good call. ROB and the Dude also set the example of patience and working on your game in the SANFL.

Oct 20, 2015
In a Galaxy Far, Far Away
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool

Wouldn't surprise me. And to be honest, whilst there have been glimpses of talent, I haven't seen a huge amount yet and am starting to think he could be a bust

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Common sense is on my side. You have a pre-existing view that the club acted incompetently, and you only want to twist things to suit your view. That sense of narrowminded bias blinds you to some clear facts.

1. Geelong had more money coming out of contract than us in 2015 - by more count, it included Jimmy Bartel, Corey Enright, Steve Johnson, James Kelly, Tom Lonergan, Andrew Mackie, Hamish McIntosh, Jared Rivers and Mathew Stokes.

McIntosh, Rivers, Stevie J and Stokes were all delisted - Bartle and Enright were given one more year, but could EASILY have not been given that, and Zac Smith could have not been signed. Geelong had MASSIVE more salary upside than the Crows. That is the obvious sledge hammer they held.

2. If they chose to make a $1.4m offer to Dangerfield, we couldn't have matched. We didn't have enough large contracts ending.

They didn't want to, we knew that, and we used that to get better value from them in picks. But if we'd said "we want three firsts" (or whatever), they would have shrugged their shoulders and walked away. That's what negotiations are.

3. My feelings on the draft are based on what actually occured. It's based on the facts that Milera had an excellent year, much better than Rioli, and it seems crazy to just assume the world would roll over and have let him fall into our lap picks later.

"Oh, we could have just got him later" is the kind of unprovable wishful thinking that it's impossible to support.
That sounds like a lot of hypothesising passed off as fact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't surprise me. And to be honest, whilst there have been glimpses of talent, I haven't seen a huge amount yet and am starting to think he could be a bust

He's 19...

Give him time. If he hasn't the patience and dedication to get to the level and wants to be gifted games at a lesser team then he has no place here. It's only Tredders trying to create a story...

If he gets a good offer from another Club he should take it, he would be crazy not to. I mean he cannot crack our side when JJ was "out of form", when JJ was injured and when Lynch was injured.

Im not sure that will even change next year, assuming JJ stays.

Thats a bitter pill to swallow as he was the Cameron compensation, I never wanted Cameron to go either.

This is getting ridiculous, this board turns against 2nd year players way too quickly.

If he gets a good offer from another Club he should take it, he would be crazy not to. I mean he cannot crack our side when JJ was "out of form", when JJ was injured and when Lynch was injured.

Im not sure that will even change next year, assuming JJ stays.

Fog was never competing with Jenkins for a position so JJ being out of form or injured would be as relevant as say, Betts out of form or injured.

Lynch being injured was a perfect opportunity for some game time to Fog. That was a missed opportunity.

Big Gazoongas

Cancelled
May 18, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
LOL. What a ridiculous post.

You've absolutely nothing to support your position and it's a pathetic emotional bleat. Grow up and harden up, and show some common sense.

So that would be a no to having listened to the Wells interview.

For a big shot CEO of a multi million $$ company, as you've told us, you've missed a lot of detail that was reported from both the Geelong and Adelaide side, your preference being that you continue the same fantasy trade scenario's and portray them as absolute facts when in fact they are just your hypothetical thoughts to support your position.

Crows I Am

Premiership Player
Jul 12, 2006
Adelaide S.A
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide
Good call. ROB and the Dude also set the example of patience and working on your game in the SANFL.
Exactly, didn't look like they were ever going to get a game early on as they were back in the pecking order but they eventually found their way into the team. He just needs to be patient and keep working on his deficiencies and he will get his chance.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Exactly, didn't look like they were ever going to get a game early on as they were back in the pecking order but they eventually found their way into the team. He just needs to be patient and keep working on his deficiencies and he will get his chance...and by doing his apprenticeship he will be well prepared for it when it comes
just thought I would add a bit on the end of your comment

Oct 20, 2015
In a Galaxy Far, Far Away
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
He's 19...

Give him time. If he hasn't the patience and dedication to get to the level and wants to be gifted games at a lesser team then he has no place here. It's only Tredders trying to create a story...
Yeah fair call. I'm not saying we shouldn't give him time, as I think he needs more work before he's earnt a spot in the team
Thats a bitter pill to swallow as he was the Cameron compensation, I never wanted Cameron to go either.
Yes, sure would be. Fingers Xed he works out. We clearly rated him at draft time, our assessments are usually good
This is getting ridiculous, this board turns against 2nd year players way too quickly.
I'm not turning on him, just haven't seen anything to warrant him being selected at the moment. All I'm saying is apart from flashes - a contested mark here, a fend off there, he does seem a good kick - I'm yet to see him do more than 3-4 things a game. Hope he keeps developing and turns into the player we obviously expected him to.
Fog was never competing with Jenkins for a position so JJ being out of form or injured would be as relevant as say, Betts out of form or injured.

Lynch being injured was a perfect opportunity for some game time to Fog. That was a missed opportunity.
Fog is as far from Lynch as he is from Betts. Doesn't have the tank or the mobility. He's closer to JJ & Tex. But when JJ was dropped, Fogs form was worse.

Back