Player Watch Darcy Fogarty

How many goals will Darcy Fogarty kick in 2023?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Do you think our forward line has been functioning well this year in hindsight?

How many poor games before the club has the foresight to make the necessary changes...
I’ve talked up Fog for fair few months on this thread, and agree that he should have been picked in the seniors earlier. Though these sentiments doesn’t mean the club was not within their rights to develop him and build more run into his game before AFL re-selection. Up until we beat Tigers and GWS, and we were sitting on 4th, hindsight back then was the club’s decision was justified.

Now after Fog kicking 5 goals straight, hindsight is favouring the “why wasn’t he picked earlier?” Had he stuck to his usual average of 2 goals per game for the remainder of the year, hindsight would say “Fog seemed to have stagnated since last year”. Some things in life, are not as obvious as it seems.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I’ve talked up Fog for fair few months on this thread, and agree that he should have been picked in the seniors earlier. Though these sentiments doesn’t mean the club was not within their rights to develop him and build more run into his game before AFL re-selection. Up until we beat Tigers and GWS, and we were sitting on 4th, hindsight back then was the club’s decision was justified.

Now after Fog kicking 5 goals straight, hindsight is favouring the “why wasn’t he picked earlier?” Had he stuck to his usual average of 2 goals per game for the remainder of the year, hindsight would say “Fog seemed to have stagnated since last year”. Some things in life, are not as obvious as it seems.
FFS John

Big Gazoongas

Cancelled
May 18, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
You’re using hindsight to leverage your arguments. We were sitting 4th mid season and Fog was playing stock standard games in the SANFL. I hardly saw anyone making wild complaints back mid-year of his non-selection.

I actually was part of the crew of wanting Fog to be selected earlier, just so you know. But not unhappy for him to be developed until fitness is better AFL-ready.

Christ you talk some absolute crap and waffle.

You hardly saw anyone making complaints about his non selection....really??....nobody??.......and yet you follow up with this "I actually was part of the crew of wanting Fog to be selected earlier"

So John there is someone wanting his selection earlier, that was YOU. YOU just said it after claiming the opposite.

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Being able to lead properly is a vastly underrated skill, as is hitting a 30-40m pass, as is kicking straight for goal.

It sounds simple, and watching Sunday it certainly looked very simple.

For all of the complex strategies we now have in our game, watching the maximum value we extracted from those 3 skills, was quite amazing.

Mar 23, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Being able to lead properly is a vastly underrated skill, as is hitting a 30-40m pass, as is kicking straight for goal.

For all of the complex strategies we now have in our game, watching the maximum value we extracted from those 3 skills, was quite amazing.
That Atkins pass to Fog. Damn! More of that please Rory...a lot more.

headache1

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Apr 10, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings, Arsenal
He’s the 9th ranked goal kicker in the AFL, and he plays ahead of one of the competitions poorest skilled midfields.

He hasn’t been perfect but he’s been ok.

When watching the games at the ground, I'd need about 400 pairs of hands to count the times I've seen him get burned on the lead, with the midfield instead deciding to bomb it high and long to nobody in particular.

Last edited:

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide

Watching someone who understands space in the forward line again is amazing on its own (even though it shouldn't be).

I don't want to turn this into a Jenkins hating fest, but the difference between JJ and FOG in spacial awareness is astounding. JJ basically needed the entire 50 to himself operate, and crowded all his other forwards if they were the intended target (creating 2 on 1's in marking contests for his teammates). FOGs leads to space and away from his teammates and more importantly, their opponent!

Its chalk and cheese!

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
When watching the glamest the ground, I'd need about 400 pairs of hands to count the times I've seen him get burned on the lead, with the midfield instead deciding to bomb it high and long to nobody in particular.
Interesting isn’t it.

Generally those people prepared to give Tex some leeway are those who watch closely at the game.

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Of all the s**t performances from our players he could choose from, this clown has gone on and on about how poor Fogarty was, no tackles, too rough giving away free kicks.

Must be a troll, surely.

A 19 y.o kpf kicking 5 against the reigning premiers on their home deck in his 2nd game for the year.
Low post count too. I'd wager it's a troll account.

Let's get back to Fogarty.

Gun and the future of the AFC.
We are talking about Fogarty, his non-selection and the club's incompetence.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mike Smyth

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 8, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
This kid needs to be signed on a multi million dollar/multi year contract NOW. Can we trust the incompetent men running this club not to **** this up. Interesting that Lloyd says why did this guy spend so long in the SANFL. This is a theme from within the football fraternity. No doubt the sharks have smelt blood in the water and are circling aggressively.

If they manage to **** up again and lose this kid I'm done with this club.

Last edited:

robboaustralia

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool, San Antonio Spurs
Watching someone who understands space in the forward line again is amazing on its own (even though it shouldn't be).

I don't want to turn this into a Jenkins hating fest, but the difference between JJ and FOG in spacial awareness is astounding. JJ basically needed the entire 50 to himself operate, and crowded all his other forwards if they were the intended target (creating 2 on 1's in marking contests for his teammates). FOGs leads to space and away from his teammates and more importantly, their opponent!

Its chalk and cheese!
Even Jenkins was impressed with the Fog...

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Full forward in team of the week too

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
They are trying desperately to cover their own asses but anybody with a brain can see how utterly clueless our coaching group is. I'm so tired of the assholes we have running our club.
I agree with that and the excuse they’ve given is crap, but I was actually referring to the Rising Star judges

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Back