Player Watch Darcy Fogarty

How many goals will Darcy Fogarty kick in 2023?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 17, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
When watching the glamest the ground, I'd need about 400 pairs of hands to count the times I've seen him get burned on the lead, with the midfield instead deciding to bomb it high and long to nobody in particular.

I get this to a degree but why did those same mids look for a hit Fog consistently on the weekend?

More trust in Fog to compete?

More demanding lead to a better spot?

Those questions notwithstanding, our midfield group is poor by foot. Let’s stop sidelining Milera in rubbish roles and play him as a pure mid. Bring Hamill in to cover his role in defence.

rocket18

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 9, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Goody Saints
The Rising Star judges have to come out and justify his non-selection, it’s baffling

So Fog got coaches votes, named FF in team of the week yet someone from the same game gets the rising star nomination.

Is Campo & Pyke on the rising star selection committee?

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Quite often the judges go by a body of work rather than the first standout game.

Still quite baffling.

BrissyCrow

Premium Platinum
Mar 20, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg & Most Other Tiger Teams
Wish we had Charlie Cameron to line up next to him. Massive stuff up by our club over paying preferring to have bog average players like Douglas, Otten, Mackay, Knight, Gibson instead cost us going forward.

Hang on a minute. When Charlie left many many people here commented on how inconsistent Charlie was. We knew he was fast but he couldn't perform for the whole game. His kicking for goal let him down as well. So much so that virtually everyone (I am sure there were some exceptions) thought we were smoking opium when we held out for pick 12. So at the time when we got that pick 12 most of us were pretty happy. Then we got the Fog and everyone was estastic. Now your saying that it was a massive stuff up for losing him. I agree with you based on how the guy is playing now but when he was playing for us it was a sad but a good decision. And what about getting the Fog. Was that all part of the so called Stuff Up.

moses

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Home
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
Anyone else think Fog currently looks like a young Homer Simpson?

4111.jpg

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Christ you talk some absolute crap and waffle.

You hardly saw anyone making complaints about his non selection....really??....nobody??.......and yet you follow up with this "I actually was part of the crew of wanting Fog to be selected earlier"

So John there is someone wanting his selection earlier, that was YOU. YOU just said it after claiming the opposite.
I agree with the love on Fog, but I also don’t mind him being developed until he’s ready.

I think it’s kind of harsh for us to bag the coaches/club of his delayed AFL selection, when the same people involved are directly influencing the advancement to his game.

I agree with the love on Fog, but I also don’t mind him being developed until he’s ready.

I think it’s kind of harsh for us to bag the coaches/club of his delayed AFL selection, when the same people involved are directly influencing the advancement to his game.

I'd like to think he's advancing his game in spite of the efforts of those coaches.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I get this to a degree but why did those same mids look for a hit Fog consistently on the weekend?

More trust in Fog to compete?

More demanding lead to a better spot?
Correct

Tex leads to spots where it would be easy for him to mark the ball rather than where the player can kick it / will kick it

He actively avoids going where an under pressure dump kick is likely to go.

It's why Murphy and Betts so often end up under high balls. They read the play, know where it's going and are prepared to compete.

It would be nice to have more skillful mids who can create their own time and space plus find a leading forward in a congested F50 in a tight pocket of space. But these Pendlebury, Josh Kelly types are a rare breed.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Correct

Tex leads to spots where it would be easy for him to mark the ball rather than where the player can kick it / will kick it

It's why Murphy and Betts so often end up under high balls. They read the play, know where it's going and are prepared to compete.

It would be nice to have more skillful mids who can create their own time and space plus find a leading forward in a congested F50 in a tight pocket of space. But these Pendlebury, Josh Kelly types are a rare breed.
There's nothing wrong with Tex's leads (other than going to the boundary too often). He usually leads to the right side for the player kicking, it just seems they like to kick it over his head or along the ground to him.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
There's nothing wrong with Tex's leads (other than going to the boundary too often). He usually leads to the right side for the player kicking, it just seems they like to kick it over his head or along the ground to him.
He's not a contested player, he knows it and leads accordingly.

The game is too tough, pressured and congested for him to play in this way as often as he does

Occassionally a player will have time and space to deliver the ball with precision and the forward will have space to lead into. But this is a rarity

beartoo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 27, 2004
Moana Heights Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide
Correct

Astute.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
He's not a contested player, he knows it and leads accordingly.

The game is too tough, pressured and congested for him to play in this way as often as he does

Occassionally a player will have time and space to deliver the ball with precision and the forward will have space to lead into. But this is a rarity
even on that rare occasion, they still miss the mark. Gibbs, Lynch, Atkins from last week come to mind (note, Lynch and Atkins are serial offenders)

beartoo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 27, 2004
Moana Heights Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide

How often do you see Tex with any separation on his opponent when on the lead? Happens very occasionally and when it does his leads are honoured. Tex is too slow for AFL football and up until the last couple of weeks has seemed to be avoiding physical contact, especially when the opportunity to vie for a pack mark comes along.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

Haha, so we can’t bag our coaches and club? Why is that based on their history of getting things right?

Seriously John this is another example of where you just need to learn to zip it.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
How often do you see Tex with any separation on his opponent when on the lead? Happens very occasionally and when it does his leads are honoured. Tex is too slow for AFL football and up until the last couple of weeks has seemed to be avoiding physical contact, especially when the opportunity to vie for a pack mark comes along.
He has good separatiion until the ball is kicked poorly to him, he has to stop, protect the drop zone (often where he already is) by making body contact, then try to jump up from there.

If the kicks were to his advantage, he'd be having a much better season

Back