Player Watch Darcy Fogarty

How many goals will Darcy Fogarty kick in 2023?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure base versus base is still 70%

not sure what base versus base means. What I do know is that current minimum for a top 20 draft pick is $105k plus $4k per game. So $170k would be near enough to minimum if 10 games were predicted. As it is, Darcy played 17 games this year, so absolute minimum he could be paid is $173k. There's simply no way he signs his second contract for effective league minimum. And no way he extends for only 2 years at near $400k.

AFL released a Fog highlights package.

Enjoy.

I did, thank you!

Though was a bit confused about the random Walker passing to Keays who is then tackled clip...

Also, I was actually surprised at how often McHenry was involved in the build up. Keays also.

I did, thank you!

Though was a bit confused about the random Walker passing to Keays who is then tackled clip...

Also, I was actually surprised at how often McHenry was involved in the build up. Keays also.
And a couple of the passes that hit Fog on the chest were from Murphy.

His goal against Carlton just is everything we want to see from him this season. Think the penny has dropped. Looks super fit in the PS.
You legitimately take on three defenders and kick the goal, that puts the fear and heat onto the opposition defenders and thereby frees up other forwards.

The presence of Rankine and a healthy Rachele augurs well for us in 2023.

EDIT and of course a fit and healthy TT as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL released a Fog highlights package.

Enjoy.

The goal around 3:20 mark really impressed me. Shows Fog:
  • is willing to work hard up the ground
  • can run pretty fast, the opponent not able to run him down
  • can think quickly, assesses the condition, aware of the rain and likely skidding ball, nobody in the goal square
  • kicking a goal 75m out on the run, with a deadly accurate kick.

The goal above screams “elite skill” to me.

The goal around 3:20 mark really impressed me. Shows Fog:
  • is willing to work hard up the ground
  • can run pretty fast, the opponent not able to run him down
  • can think quickly, assesses the condition, aware of the rain and likely skidding ball, nobody in the goal square
  • kicking a goal 75m out on the run, with a deadly accurate kick.

The goal above screams “elite skill” to me.
Correct.

You can definitely "fluke" an occasional a good kick, mark or passage of play at elite level. However in 2022, Fog showed multiple times he can perform at the elite level its no fluke whatsoever he can perform at that level, if he brings that to most games in 2023, its going to be a great year for us.

A montage like that highlights how technically correct the big guy is when kicking for goal, everthing the same , square shoulders, ball drop, balance, concentration and a Lockett type follow through which gives him his accuracy.
Big year for the big guy hopefully.

Correct.

You can definitely "fluke" an occasional a good kick, mark or passage of play at elite level. However in 2022, Fog showed multiple times he can perform at the elite level its no fluke whatsoever he can perform at that level, if he brings that to most games in 2023, its going to be a great year for us.
Commentators tend to focus on his elite goal kicking accuracy, which is deservedly so. But he is really much more than that. For a big guy, he is as agile and elusive as pretty much any big forwards currently out there, and he’s actually quite quick too when running at top speed.

So what excites me about Fog isn’t just his forward craft, but his ability to be damaging anywhere from midfield to full forward. Whether he is the goal kicker or the passer to the goal kicker, it’s beautiful to watch when he’s on! Dare I say it, very Tex-like.

was a previous critic but the way he's gone about it to get his career going I want him in the leadership group, also his passion for the club and teammates and fact he's an alpha key fwd

dawson -C
keays - VC
doedee
laird
fogarty

would be a nice mix I reckon
This is why i want Thilthorpe to be a beacon up forward for us rather than spending most of his time in ruck as if he really comes on this year, its going to stretch opposition defences to the hilt. To have to worry about a towering riley may mean darcy gets the 3rd defender and with dawson, rankine, rachele etc feeding the ball inside 50, darcy could have a few field days this year with that service.

We get that forward mix right and we should be in for a treat this year with the firepower we could have

This is why i want Thilthorpe to be a beacon up forward for us rather than spending most of his time in ruck as if he really comes on this year, its going to stretch opposition defences to the hilt. To have to worry about a towering riley may mean darcy gets the 3rd defender and with dawson, rankine, rachele etc feeding the ball inside 50, darcy could have a few field days this year with that service.

We get that forward mix right and we should be in for a treat this year with the firepower we could have
I'm sure TT will spend plenty of time up forward

was a previous critic but the way he's gone about it to get his career going I want him in the leadership group, also his passion for the club and teammates and fact he's an alpha key fwd

dawson -C
keays - VC
doedee
laird
fogarty

would be a nice mix I reckon
Why wouldnt you put doedee as captain. Dawson is great but he's only been here 1 year. I wouldnt even have keays in the leadership group because he's not guaranteed a game.

Why wouldnt you put doedee as captain. Dawson is great but he's only been here 1 year. I wouldnt even have keays in the leadership group because he's not guaranteed a game.
How do you arrive at that statement exactly?

Played 22 of a possible 22 games in 2021 and 2022, that tells me unless he gets an injury or his form drops dramatically he's best 22 for a long time yet.

How do you arrive at that statement exactly?

Played 22 of a possible 22 games in 2021 and 2022, that tells me unless he gets an injury or his form drops dramatically he's best 22 for a long time yet.
He was kicked out of the midfield last year and we performed better. He's not guaranteed anything.

Back