Recommitted Darcy Fogarty [OOC 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Your allowed you’re opinion but it screams behaviour issues to me
No it doesn’t, it’s not a matter of interpretation. There’s literally nothing there.

Saying someone has behavioural issues based on nothing is pretty scummy.

This bloke, I'm waiting for him to make a name for himself... I do believe he can become a good player , but in my eye his got 2 years to do it.... if he can't do it than we'll, he may not make it.

Fitness and workrate, fix those issues and he'd be a gun.

Somewhat, and to Fogs credit, it does look like he's made strides in those facets this year (as much as they've been without reward).

For someone like Fog, it's all about getting good at the grunt work. Crashing packs, repeat leads, stretching defences away from the no.1 forward, all that jazz. Does that and his set shot will do the rest for him to have a quality career.

Somewhat, and to Fogs credit, it does look like he's made strides in those facets this year (as much as they've been without reward).

For someone like Fog, it's all about getting good at the grunt work. Crashing packs, repeat leads, stretching defences away from the no.1 forward, all that jazz. Does that and his set shot will do the rest for him to have a quality career.

Expect if McStay leaves, he's every chance of requesting a trade to Brisbane.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Port trolls have gone quiet on here.
Just a poser of a question to anyone who would care to reply. Whom would supporters rather - Marshall (Port) or Fogarty (Crows). Marshall only 1 year older. Marshall having a very good year and Fogarty is starting to show what he can do

Both great kicks for goal. I'd argue Fogarty has shown he can move up the ground a bit better recently, but Marshall has also been good in contested marking.

Thoughts

I was of the opinion that this season was Fogartys last chance to get it right with Burgess there to get his fitness up and admit that when he started slow I wrote him off. He has improved significantly.

2 of his 4 bigger games have been WCE and North so he still has a way to go to prove he can maintain it but he is definitely heading in the right direction.

In terms of comparisons with Marshall I'd take Marshall easily.

Given Fogarty's early physical development and the amount of footy Marshall missed with injury and bereavement i don't think the age gap is significant.

Marshall has got more tricks than Fogarty in terms of AFL footy due to his mobility, fitness, smarts and height and is now just as good a kick and a better contested mark.

I was of the opinion that this season was Fogartys last chance to get it right with Burgess there to get his fitness up and admit that when he started slow I wrote him off. He has improved significantly.

2 of his 4 bigger games have been WCE and North so he still has a way to go to prove he can maintain it but he is definitely heading in the right direction.

In terms of comparisons with Marshall I'd take Marshall easily.

Given Fogarty's early physical development and the amount of footy Marshall missed with injury and bereavement i don't think the age gap is significant.

Marshall has got more tricks than Fogarty in terms of AFL footy due to his mobility, fitness, smarts and height and is now just as good a kick and a better contested mark.
Fair enough and my question was not loaded to have a crack at such comments. It will be interesting to revisit this in a years time to see how things sit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back