Draft Profile Darcy Fogarty

Remove this Banner Ad

Bontempelli at 4 was considered a massive reach at this time of year in 2013. Things can change a lot between now and the draft.
We're talking a ruckman here. Definitely hasn't shown enough to be rated the 5th best player in this draft.

We're talking a ruckman here. Definitely hasn't shown enough to be rated the 5th best player in this draft.
Ruck/forward. Ideal partner for McCarthy up forward and relief for Darcy.

Just going by what I’ve heard, this isn’t my opinion. I’d consider him a reach too, but things can change dramatically at this time of year.

With the goal to be a full time mid, do we see Fogarty as developing in the medium forward role, with spurts through the middle? Or other?

Assuming Adelaide manage to pick him at 10, I'm concerned about finding a spot to develop him as we should.

With the goal to be a full time mid, do we see Fogarty as developing in the medium forward role, with spurts through the middle? Or other?

Assuming Adelaide manage to pick him at 10, I'm concerned about finding a spot to develop him as we should.
Sanfl

Fwd/mid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So why did he Fall out the Top 10 all the way to the 1st SA Team Pick?

No clear best position?

Given Carlton had the opportunity to take him with the pick sent across for Gibbs, it'll be interesting to see how his career plays out in comparison with O'Brien's.

Not like-for-like players, but both sets of supporters will watch how their careers take shape with some increased attention.

No clear best position?

Given Carlton had the opportunity to take him with the pick sent across for Gibbs, it'll be interesting to see how his career plays out in comparison with O'Brien's.

Not like-for-like players, but both sets of supporters will watch how their careers take shape with some increased attention.
Dont really think he would have been a good pick for Carlton with the players they currently have on the list
Curnow,Silvagni,Cripps,Fogarty would all be around the same size and playing similar roles with the exception of Cripps more inside mid and Silvagni more foward.

Foward line of McKay,Curnow,Silvagni,Fogarty would be too 1 dimensional

Also i think during the extended trade negotiations of the Gibbs deal these things would have been discussed and agreed on with intended draft targets specially with the Carlton #10 & Crows #12 being in contention for similar range players

Dont really think he would have been a good pick for Carlton with the players they currently have on the list
Curnow,Silvagni,Cripps,Fogarty would all be around the same size and playing similar roles with the exception of Cripps more inside mid and Silvagni more foward.

Foward line of McKay,Curnow,Silvagni,Fogarty would be too 1 dimensional

Also i think during the extended trade negotiations of the Gibbs deal these things would have been discussed and agreed on with intended draft targets specially with the Carlton #10 & Crows #12 being in contention for similar range players

I think the club prioritised but it seems a little odd given that we reached for another McKay type of player with our next pick. I would have drafted Fogarty at ten and looked for a more mobile type at thirty (or was it thirty one?). I also think the idea of letting another club get a look in due to good grace from trade negotiations is foolish, if it happens at all. Make no mistake, I'll judge the club harshly if Fogarty ends up as a notably better player than O'Brien because the former was there for the taking. It won't be as if he was a dark horse to make it.

I think the club prioritised but it seems a little odd given that we reached for another McKay type of player with our next pick. I would have drafted Fogarty at ten and looked for a more mobile type at thirty (or was it thirty one?). I also think the idea of letting another club get a look in due to good grace from trade negotiations is foolish, if it happens at all. Make no mistake, I'll judge the club harshly if Fogarty ends up as a notably better player than O'Brien because the former was there for the taking. It won't be as if he was a dark horse to make it.
Agree.

Curnow, Cripps and Fogarty rotating between the midfield and forward line would have been awesome.

Still, Curnow and Cripps in the mids is pretty handy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back