Recommitted Darcy Fogarty

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't this the bloke who thought he was that good as a draftee he could tell clubs not to draft him as he wanted to stay home? Or was that someone else? Is Port the only option?

Chad Wingard did that, although he ended up requesting a trade away from the Power to Victoria. Who would have thought?

Can someone tell me what was the point in Pyke banishing Fog to the SANFL as an defender? Unless it was some kind of exercise to build up his tank or a disciplinary issue, it strikes me as a total nuffie move by The Don.

It was partly due to our shortage of key defenders, particularly with Doedee doing his ACL in R1.

Also partly due to our SANFL side having four players 198cm or higher, meaning we have to park several of them in the forward line.

Basically, he suffered because our list management is a joke (as a Carlton fan you'd know that).

It was partly due to our shortage of key defenders, particularly with Doedee doing his ACL in R1.

Also partly due to our SANFL side having four players 198cm or higher, meaning we have to park several of them in the forward line.

Basically, he suffered because our list management is a joke (as a Carlton fan you'd know that).
Did that unnecessarily cheap Carlton jab make you feel tough?

Did that unnecessarily cheap Carlton jab make you feel tough?

Wasn't a jab at Carlton. Was a jab at our own list management, who have done numerous trades with Carlton in recent years.

Can someone tell me what was the point in Pyke banishing Fog to the SANFL as an defender? Unless it was some kind of exercise to build up his tank or a disciplinary issue, it strikes me as a total nuffie move by The Don.
He played as forward, a mid-fielder and defender as a junior. Hartigan's preseason was interrupted by injury late and Doedee did his ACL in round 1. The club was getting thin on the ground with bigger defenders. Club often cited playing him in defence as a part of his longer term development.

Fogarty finished 2018 playing in the SANFL, so banishing is bit of a stretch

Cant see him leaving.

Wears Ricciutos' number shows how highly the Crows rate him.

I mean, Hawthorn gave the most historic number at their club to Ryan Burton who was gone the next year.

Watch this space for mine.

Um, why is this a thread?

We're trading Jenkins so that Fog can play more senior footy next year. SA lad and a great talent, not going anywhere any time soon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Um, why is this a thread?

We're trading Jenkins so that Fog can play more senior footy next year. SA lad and a great talent, not going anywhere any time soon
Most of the posts came from a couple of months ago when he was flagging in the SANFL, in fairness.

WTF is this thread going for I know a few guys in the south east and a couple from ROC, he is a full blown SA lad no intentions of moving states

Because people like you keep writing in here to say why is this still going. If people keep posting in here it will keep going.

Yes I understand by me responding to you I am keeping it going. Don’t respond and the thread will die

Its called learning.
Unlike you guys, we develop kids rather than chuck them straight in to get beaten to a pulp and stagnate.

Given injuries and lack of depth he learnt another role.

Hindsight he should've played all year ahead of Jenkins in the 1s but I dont have an issue with Don doing that.
Plenty of coaches have tried players in different positions, hell some do it in AFL matches.

Gong on the back end of last year, this comment is gonna look dated pretty quickly one would think.

Same problem.
Just because you havent seen them play AFL doesnt mean they're not there.

People have been saying our youth is no good for 15 years.
Yet we continue to produce good players, often from later picks.

Watch McHenry, Fogarty and Jones have really good seasons and one to keep an eye on is Butts if he can crack the side.

Our previous coaching group got bogged down in trying to relive the 2017 form. The new group wont make the same mistake, but they also wont just rush young players straight into the top level.

Carlton will find themselves in a similar position soon as the depth is building quite well.
Your first round draftees wont be guaranteed games first up going forward like they have been for a long time.

If I was him, I would leave, but if he is happy at the Crows, good for him.

It's a bit depressing to see how his career stagnated after a great debut season
Why do you say that? He hasn't set the world on fire this season but has barely played. He has kicked 3 goals in 3 games before getting injured.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back