Toast Darcy Fort

Remove this Banner Ad

CI50kNbUsAAq6W7.jpg

Seriously though, it was a decent first game from Fort - nothing more, nothing less.

Long term I hope Sav makes the position his own because with his attributes he has the potential to offer far more than Fort, from what I've seen at least. My view is simply that right now Fort deserves to play ahead of Sav based on form.
Yep, Sav has struggled, but would love for him to get a hold of some of our softer fixtures in the coming weeks. Funnily enough Fort played better this this game than any of the reserves games this year.

Even the marks he took last week in his debut were double or triple grabs. Nothing clean.

Couldn't even hold them on the second or third grab last night. He's a long way off imposing himself as a serious contender for long-term AFL footy for mine. And Rata looks much more imposing in the ruck as well.

I also believe the fact Fort is older isn't actually an advantage in the selection stakes. His years of experience would have you expecting him to be further along with showing competence at the highest level than we're seeing at the moment.

So I'd be going straight back to the 'pump games into Esava' philosophy over any lingering thought that Darcy's ready to play lots of senior footy at this stage.

It was a poor performance, no doubt. I’m probably not quite as critical as most here. In the first half he actually picked the ball up off the deck cleanly, twice, and hit a teammate with a handball. Was one of the few who could say they did that on the night. In a different time and circumstances we might be able to afford to persist and see where it leads but for now it’s hard to see the case for him. Frame is too light and he’s not a clean grabber of a mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fort is not a long term CHF option but Esava has done basically nothing to warrant selection all year and him having a couple of weeks in the vfl and coming back when he is in better form wouldn't hurt him or us.

It was a poor performance, no doubt. I’m probably not quite as critical as most here. In the first half he actually picked the ball up off the deck cleanly, twice, and hit a teammate with a handball. Was one of the few who could say they did that on the night. In a different time and circumstances we might be able to afford to persist and see where it leads but for now it’s hard to see the case for him. Frame is too light and he’s not a clean grabber of a mark.

The case for him is his alternative (Sav) is in even worse form than him. Id give Sav a few weeks in the 2s for his own good.

Fort is not a long term CHF option but Esava has done basically nothing to warrant selection all year and him having a couple of weeks in the vfl and coming back when he is in better form wouldn't hurt him or us.

His number would look a lot better if he had a reliable kick at goal. Fort has shown what he can do and cant..its now up to him to go away and work on his deficiencies. Id not be against trying Buzza against the Swans... Im not sure if Freedie is up to it just off one good game. It would be exciting if they did..it would be like when Brownless got games way back.

Sav should be polishing his kicking and conditioning ..and then comes back feeling good about himself.

His number would look a lot better if he had a reliable kick at goal. Fort has shown what he can do and cant..its now up to him to go away and work on his deficiencies. Id not be against trying Buzza against the Swans... Im not sure if Freedie is up to it just off one good game. It would be exciting if they did..it would be like when Brownless got games way back.

Sav should be polishing his kicking and conditioning ..and then comes back feeling good about himself.
It would not surprise me if they give Fort at least another week, and possibly two.

It would not surprise me if they give Fort at least another week, and possibly two.

I dont think he is the long term answer.. , and I think the next two week is not one for twiggys but if they want lets see what he can do. He best learn how the lead ..as I dont see him marking too many under the ball.

The case for him is his alternative (Sav) is in even worse form than him. Id give Sav a few weeks in the 2s for his own good.
It’s a bit of a shame he’s has two weeks out and no VFL footy in that time.

I dont think he is the long term answer.. , and I think the next two week is not one for twiggys but if they want lets see what he can do. He best learn how the lead ..as I dont see him marking too many under the ball.
I don't think he's the answer either, I just think that the MC will want a reasonable test before giving up on him.

It’s a bit of a shame he’s has two weeks out and no VFL footy in that time.

I agree but he could use finding his touch back at vfl level first. No doubt he is better than Fort but im not a fan of bringing in players in bad form i dont think its fair for them or the team.

I think the MC has shown in their recruiting of him, and in their fast tracking of him via the JLT and early promotion to the firsts, that they see him as a serious possibility, and they won't give up on him until they're pretty sure he's a bust.
Regardless of what all or any of us think.;)
So who Esava plays VFL for the next couple?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back