Senior Darcy Gardiner (2013-)

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a feeling that Gardiner plays early next season and plays often.

Gardiner as a third tall would release Joel to play on a HBF and negate any medium forwards and held provide guidance to the rookie.

Experienced heads like Sauce and Joel around Gardiner will dramatically increase his learning curve.

Can't see Gardiner getting a game over Goose/Clarke in 2014 though. Merrett and Patfull are locks, and the next in line would be Goose/Clark. Very doubtful we'll play Gardiner unless we get injuries

I'm not sure if anyone else saw a tweet by Lewis Taylor on the 14th of December concerning surgery for Gardiner? Does anyone know what he got surgery on?

I'm not sure if anyone else saw a tweet by Lewis Taylor on the 14th of December concerning surgery for Gardiner? Does anyone know what he got surgery on?

Leppa said at the AGM, a couple of bone spurs removed.

was overseas recently and spoke to a bloke from the geelong area he is good mates with josh walker and a couple of the other players and played footy with darcy. He said before the draft the players and darcy all thought he was going to get drafted to Geelong they liked him and they had a shortage of his type of players but he fell through to us, not sure how true this is since I didn't know players even knew their recruiting teams strategy

was overseas recently and spoke to a bloke from the geelong area he is good mates with josh walker and a couple of the other players and played footy with darcy. He said before the draft the players and darcy all thought he was going to get drafted to Geelong they liked him and they had a shortage of his type of players but he fell through to us, not sure how true this is since I didn't know players even knew their recruiting teams strategy

They ended up taking a different Darcy from the Falcons.

Young Lions’ history lesson

When it was officially announced on 4 July 1996 that Fitzroy would merge with the Brisbane Bears to form the Brisbane Lions, one of the Club’s newest draftees, Darcy Gardiner, was yet to celebrate his first birthday.

This stat goes to prove that the next generation of AFL players will have little to no first-hand knowledge of the two clubs that merged to form what is now known as the Brisbane Lions.

But the Lions go to great lengths to ensure that its players understand the proud and unique history of the Club they now represent.

Part of that process took place during one of the breaks in the recent AFLPA induction program in Melbourne, when the Lions’ 10 first-year players were taken on a tour of the Historical Society Museum located at Etihad Stadium.

Darcy Gardiner and Tom Cutler, meanwhile, said the visit certainly opened their eyes to the extent of the Club’s former glories.

“I obviously didn’t know nearly as much as I thought I knew about the Club,” Gardiner said. “Being a Melbourne boy, I was aware of Fitzroy’s existence, but didn’t know a lot about some of the Club legends like Kevin Murray. “There are a handful of names of older players on my locker at the Gabba, and it makes me want to do a bit more research on each of them.”

Link - http://www.lions.com.au/news/2014-01-14/young-lions-history-lesson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a niggler. Always jabbing, shoving, elbowing, sledging the opponent. The old fashioned 'make life as miserable for your opponent as possible' approach. And Martin was getting annoyed towards the end.

Funny Tom Boyd said he was the best KPD in the draft. Look at how the two have played in their respective games. Makes me think its a lot harder to get noticed as a potential KPD then a KPF

I'd love to know what he said to Carlisle. A bit of the Scott brothers in the way he approaches the game. Young players in the team will feel reassured knowing he's on our side. I think he adds a lot that can't be measured with statistics.

I think he has been absolutely brilliant this year. Our defense looks to be sorted for the next decade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back