Traded Darcy Lang [traded to Carlton]

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't remember him doing anything outstanding, but is solid enough and wouldn't cost much.

What are his main strengths? Seems to play as half-forward flanker, but doesn't kick a lot of goals.

Outside mid/ hbf would be his strength in my opinion.

Genuine speed and breaks lines with run and carry.

Thomas is contracted and trading Goldstein with little ruck cover is foolish.
Playing a 29 year old ruckman whose best is past him, and keeping Pruess in the VFL as a result is foolish.

There's merit in keeping older players while clubs rebuild, but Goldy is holding back Pruess development while he's number one ruck.

I'm hoping Carlton get him for a third rounder.

Could do with a guy with some pace who can rotate midfield and half forward.

Carlton 3rd round pick has now been connected to 41 players.

Aim high and settle for low.

Lang is not an alternative player for Kelly & Martin. I'm amazed that this even needs to be explained.

Not really the place to talk about it but I don't see North improving much in 2018.

I hope not. Pick 1/2, come on down.

Jack+Lukosius+AFL+U18+Championships+7rINtplXpUNl.jpg

Just making a point as to how your club is connected with what seems like 80% of trades.

On the front page of this board it is more like 33% and some of those were flimsy mentions at best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing a 29 year old ruckman whose best is past him, and keeping Pruess in the VFL as a result is foolish.

There's merit in keeping older players while clubs rebuild, but Goldy is holding back Pruess development while he's number one ruck.

Preuss and Daw couldn't finish the season because of injury, so not sure of this logic

Like him and would be happy to see him wearing navy blue in 2018.

Sounds like North are in for him stronger at this stage though.

I've always thought of him as part of our future, once he gets right from injury. In the next generation of mids after Duncan and co. Think he will be a good player, so prefer he stays.

I've always thought of him as part of our future, once he gets right from injury. In the next generation of mids after Duncan and co. Think he will be a good player, so prefer he stays.
Back on topic. I thought he was good in the final V Sydney. Not bad in the game V Richmond either. Id like to see a 3 way trade with Ablett to Geelong, Lang to North and Swallow to GC. Dont know if that satisfies all parties though. If not Does pick 46 from North make it happen?

If he wanted to come to Brisbane would Geelong accept pick 20 for Lang and 35?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back