Darcy Moore Contract extension

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to criticise most people for going to the supermarket. Delivery services have been suspended and people need to eat...

Good thing I didn't criticise them for going to the supermarket.

It's the fact that they're not practising distancing at all. We all need groceries, but we don't need to cuddle the person of front of us at the checkout.

Clearly people are oblivious to what distancing even means. But it's also against our nature. We need to do more to get the message out to people who don't listen or are just doing their thing.

Good thing I didn't criticise them for going to the supermarket.

It's the fact that they're not practising distancing at all. We all need groceries, but we don't need to cuddle the person of front of us at the checkout.

Clearly people are oblivious to what distancing even means. But it's also against our nature. We need to do more to get the message out to people who don't listen or are just doing their thing.

People are not as careful as they should be about preserving that space between themselves and others. They forget how important that is right now and how uncomfortable it might make others feel.

I'm sure they don't do it on purpose, but they need to get with the program fast. COVID-19 doesn't happen here every year, and behavioural adjustment is slower than it needs to be.

People are not as careful as they should be about preserving that space between themselves and others. They forget how important that is right now and how uncomfortable it might make others feel.

I'm sure they don't do it on purpose, but they need to get with the program fast. COVID-19 doesn't happen here every year, and behavioural adjustment is slower than it needs to be.

Yep, and this is what I was driving at. I didn't express it very well initially.

Precisely. Who knows if we still have 18 clubs next year anyway. There could be a pool of players out there looking for new clubs.
And what makes you think Collingwood won't ensure Moore and De Goey are not part of that group? It's the veterans and fringe players that will be cut.

Someone like Bosenavulagi should be worried about where they will play football next year, if they play football, not Moore or JDG.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

And what makes you think Collingwood won't ensure Moore and De Goey are not part of that group? It's the veterans and fringe players that will be cut.

Someone like Bosenavulagi should be worried about where they will play football next year, if they play football, not Moore or JDG.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Nothing, I am probably commenting more about the fallout of other clubs. Of course Jordy and Darcy should be priorities.

It's possible all contracts could be ripped up at the end of the year if austerity measures are required and clubs have to operate under a smaller salary cap with reduced playing lists.

It could potentially be good for us if clubs are allowed to prioritise re-signing their best players like a de Goey or Moore and not have to honour contracts already in place for 2021.

It's possible all contracts could be ripped up at the end of the year if austerity measures are required and clubs have to operate under a smaller salary cap with reduced playing lists.

It could potentially be good for us if clubs are allowed to prioritise re-signing their best players like a de Goey or Moore and not have to honour contracts already in place for 2021.

Be very interesting to see how that plays out. Who knows what the players will want in return for this but they'll certainly expect a quid quo pro. It could be that the re-writing of existing contracts opens clubs up to unrestricted player movement.

I do wonder how low a list can realistically go when we play a full contact sport that fields a team of 22.

I've seen numbers like 30 or 35 thrown around but many clubs at some stage would struggle to field a side under those circumstances due to injury.

Perhaps it'll be a case of a reduced senior list and an expanded rookie or "reserve" list of players with less money available for both categories.

I do wonder how low a list can realistically go when we play a full contact sport that fields a team of 22.

I've seen numbers like 30 or 35 thrown around but many clubs at some stage would struggle to field a side under those circumstances due to injury.

Perhaps it'll be a case of a reduced senior list and an expanded rookie or "reserve" list of players with less money available for both categories.

We would. In the last few years I reckon at times we would of Struggled to find 22 Fit Players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood free agent Darcy Moore says he’s happy for contract talks to be put on the “backburner” as clubs come to grips with the financial fallout of the COVID-19 shutdown.

The Magpies star, one of the biggest names coming out of contract in 2020, said any negotiations would almost certainly be delayed further.

“There’s other priorities at the moment. When entire clubs and entire departments existence are being questioned, I know that I’m personally really prepared to have that take a back seat and wait a bit longer while we work out what the future holds for the industry,” Moore told Fox Footy Live.

“As far as I’m concerned that will slow down even more while we work through everything else. Who knows what it’s going to look like?”

The Herald Sun reported on Tuesday player contracts would be frozen until the AFL understood the economic disaster it would confront after the coronavirus shutdown.

“I think they said that, that they won't agree to sign off on any contracts even if they have been agreed to by clubs and players,” Moore said.

“That slows down the process even more. There’s a lot of stress going around and that is just one of them I have got to deal with. There’s a lot of people that are in a pretty tough situation.

“This problem pales in comparison to that I imagine.”

The ability to have a ‘supplementary’ list of VFL listed players would work.
They could be called upon (promoted) to an AFL list, if LTI reduces AFL available player stocks during season.
Every AFL club has exclusive access to their own VFL side or affiliate.
The mid season draft would continue (to enable access/opportunities for non aligned VFL/WAFL club players).

C'mon Dave dont be ridiculous. Its affecting mainly older people with underlying repository and heart conditions.

I know but that is not 100% of people who Die or get Very Sick is can be Healthy. Only Small % Is there So.

Just hope we don't get like USA and Italy/Spain

Remove this Banner Ad

Back